Jump to content

AI patrols


Devious
 Share

Recommended Posts

How can i set the AI to patrol a certain area.

Well the easiest option is to set up a patrol route a bit like a race track.

So you have a start point with a route whose first waypoint is the start of the circuit.

Like here with the unit coming onto the circuit from the lower right hand corner:

http://visual.merriam-webster.com/images/sports-games/equestrian-sports/horse-racing-turf/racetrack.jpg

(sorry I can't upload a more suitable image where I am currently - will edit post when I get home).

The unit moves down the route an onto the circuit. It progesses around the circuit (you can impose delays so the unit waits at the waypoints if you wish (dismount and then remount Infantry too if you want).

Then as the unit completes the circuit it joins onto the loop and goes around again.

It doesn't need to be an oval and the circuit can have branches with "embark if ..." conditions if you want to vary the circuit.

This approach can be applied to either vehiculrar or dismounted patrols or even a UAV.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Better example:

16586394871_dd06df0efe_o.png

So the BRDM-2 starts at top right and scouts to waypoint "12".

It then scouts along the creek line to waypoint 25. If "X1" is less than or equal to 40 (i.e. 40% chance) it will climb to waypoint 26 and unload its troops.

If they see nothing for 5 minutes they mount back up and it moves to waypoint 27.

If "X1" is greater than 40 (i.e. 60% chance) it will not take the turn and go direct from waypoint 25 to 27.

It then scouts to waypoint 28. 55% chance it will turn left and take the shortcut, 45% it will continue on and take the long way to waypoint 29.

If it turns left at waypoint 30 there is a 30% chance it will turn hard left and do a loop on the road back to waypoint 27.

There is a 30% chance it will turn part left go to waypoint 33 and again if no enemy sighted will proceed to waypoint 29.

There is 40% chance (the residual) that it will just go straight to waypoint 29.

It then continues to waypoint 32 and then to 12 and starts the cycle again.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Did you make the waypoint setup for the screenshot, if you did do you think you could upload the file? If your able to i would like to view the patrol in the editor as I'm just starting SB mission making.

No I didn't I'm afraid.

Its part of a three activity "bullring" scenario file that I've password protected.

Happy to talk you through it via TeamSpeak if you like though.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Better example:

16586394871_dd06df0efe_o.png

So the BRDM-2 starts at top right and scouts to waypoint "12".

It then scouts along the creek line to waypoint 25. If "X1" is less than or equal to 40 (i.e. 40% chance) it will climb to waypoint 26 and unload its troops.

If they see nothing for 5 minutes they mount back up and it moves to waypoint 27.

If "X1" is greater than 40 (i.e. 60% chance) it will not take the turn and go direct from waypoint 25 to 27.

It then scouts to waypoint 28. 55% chance it will turn left and take the shortcut, 45% it will continue on and take the long way to waypoint 29.

If it turns left at waypoint 30 there is a 30% chance it will turn hard left and do a loop on the road back to waypoint 27.

There is a 30% chance it will turn part left go to waypoint 33 and again if no enemy sighted will proceed to waypoint 29.

There is 40% chance (the residual) that it will just go straight to waypoint 29.

It then continues to waypoint 32 and then to 12 and starts the cycle again.

Awesome. Thank you for this, sir.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...