Video card quiston

Devious

Never any problems? The question and answer need to provide more context. For instance, my card is about 5 years old, and I never have any frame rate problems so long as I don't set the visibility slider to 18 km and go play in a large city. Any graphics card would have problems with that. It's going to depend on your screen resolution, the type of scenario you play (large, detailed maps with visibility increased will progressively tax any hardware), settings like AA and AF, ground clutter draw distance, or to use an extreme example, you can reduce the graphics to the point that Steel Beasts 3.0 graphically looks similar to Steel Beasts 1, and older cards will run it fine.

Likewise, there has been discussion about how much of the shadow effects should be used assuming certain baseline graphics cards, but I found that discussion to be irrelevant in practice - on my five year old card, I run the shadows at full detail with no penalty, but then again, I run Steel Beasts at 1024 x 768, that is my preferred display resolution, so my experience may be different than others who run a different combination of settings.

Check this thread and pick a comparable graphics card, then see the color code for the various scenarios as a rough guideline. Or you simply try out a one-month license and see for yourself.

I've got Steel Beasts running on my system but i also have a R9 290X on the way now. I was just wondering how it would run on a 290X as it was not on that list.