Xambrium

Steel Armor - Blaze of War rereleased!

Graviteam got its owner rights on the tanksim "Steel Armor Blaze of War" back and rereleased and updated it!

- updated to the recent version of GTOS engine

- international version (Eng/Rus in one package; determined from the OS language)

- slightly modified interface and adjusted game mechanics

- revised Iran and training battlefields

- M60 and T-62 interactive cockpit

- M60 and T-62 driver night vision devices added

If you bought the game earlier, simply redownload it in your library.

http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-SABW/steel-armor-blaze-of-war

They will now continue to update it and maybe some addons will follow..

Sorry, they lost me on the front page.

The driver of a Chieftain or a Shir 2 needs to be closed down (i.e. hatch closed) or his head is highly likely (>90%) to be cut off.

SABOW, Has many features I would like to see in SB

It has nowhere near the fidelity of SB, most of the features could be considered eye candy

Like crew bailing out if the tanks is on fire, visible crew members in the tank etc.

But from a gamers point of view they do add the game immersion.

On the down side SABOW has no MP, needs more maps and playable vehicle types.

The Graviteam approach to UI is highly frustrating, and takes a minute to adapt to.

However, I enjoy the operational, turn-based layer. Reminds me of Close Combat.

That playable M-60 is tempting. I'll add it to my Steam wishlist and wait for the next sale

Hi SB'ers!

Yes, SABOW's UI has a scary learning curve for newbies and for anyone who wants to jump into a game without reading the manual. The good news is that there is a QuickStart guide that is neither too skimpy nor too detailed. It's just nice and covers most of the aspects of the game so that you can quickly enjoy it from start to finish. The Quick Start guide is well-written and can be found here:

http://graviteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=11215.0

A comparison to Steel Beasts can be found here (a 2014 post on Graviteam's website):

http://graviteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=11731.0

For me personally, I find SABOW to be very immersive. What with very good graphics, atmospheric foreign voices, tank crew, lighting effects (sunlight glints of the view ports, shimmering water, sky effects), attention to detail in the area of physics, ballistics, armour penetration, 'realistic' tree collision effects, sound and voice effects, tactical gameplay, smoke effects. The list goes on. Plus there are frequent patches by Graviteam. It's also on offer on Steam and for less that USD10 which is value for money for impoverished gamers like me. There also more joy to be found with the just-released DLC - Basra 1986 simulating the Iran-Iraq conflict.

New DLC - Basra 1986 Tran Vs Iraq war (29th September 2015)

ox6d4Gpr3tw

As an gamer who has played great tank sims like Tank Platoon I(!), Tank Platoon II, Tiger vs T-34, T72 balkans on fire, Steel Fury Kharkov 1942, Steel Beasts1, and Beast Pro PE which I bought from eSimGames in February 2015, I am lovin' SABOW and am happy to have it in my tank simulation collection.

Dawn Attack using Termal sights in the midst of rain (September 2015)

ruJ4QlNglsE

SABOW simulates the tanks and conflict of the cold-war era and the 1980s whilst SB simulates, primarily, modern and current tanks. As the proud owner of both eSimGames' SteelBeasts Pro PE 3.028 and Steel Armor Blaze of War (Gamersgate), I am loving both tank simulations. IMHO, no tank sim come close to Steel Beasts' multiplayer-multicrew heaven. SABOW and Graviteam can certainly take a leaf out of SB's book in the area of multiplayer and network play. In fact, Graviteam, please put in multiplayer!

Having said that, with an eye of learning by comparing notes, and with the intention of looking towards continuous improvement and enjoyment of 15 years of SteelBeasts, I have a suggestion for eSimGames.

IMHO, eSimGames can, and should, take a leaf out of SABOW's book in the area immersive single-player gameplay. Specifically animated (and very vocal!) tank crewmen, immersive interior tank graphics (everything moves), lighting and reflection effects, attention to detailed tank-physics (threads get shot off and affects the tank movement), environmental physics (a tank tilts when it rolls over a knocked-down tree), and frequent patches releases.

Afghan Ambush (April 2015)

zGxi9EXUfcs

Sam Walton built the biggest Hypermarket in the world because he had an eye for improvement and he spent hours studying his competitors' stores, taking notes of their success factors, and then incorporating those factors and lessons into his own stores. Graviteam could do the same and vice-versa for eSimGames. Steelbeasts excels in giving me an immersive multicrew environment. There is nothing in the world that compares to the experience of playing live against and with other humans over the Internet. I look forward to each release of SB and wish eSimGames all the best in the evolution of SteelBeasts!

Cheers

Frankie Kam, Malaysia

The new DLC "Basra -86" has a very nice, though a bit small, new map with a lot of variety in it. Operating your tank across the pontoon bridges and around the berms and ditches is challenging. As a minus the OOB of the campaigns is a bit underwhelming, with only a few playable tanks per side.

A lot of good improvements have been added since the re-release. I do enjoy the game, though the UI and AI are not that great. And there is no editor...

Havant played Steel Armour it in a while it has many good features but SB it will never be. LoL

But its good to see some healthy competition for us armour sim fans in the milsim market.

DCS, have upped there game with the 1.5 release but has done little or nothing about Combined arms. still the future is bright the future is armour. LoL

We still have to see what Esim will pull out of the bag for the next big update.

Havant played Steel Armour it in a while it has many good features but SB it will never be. LoL

But its good to see some healthy competition for us armour sim fans in the milsim market.

DCS, have upped there game with the 1.5 release but has done little or nothing about Combined arms. still the future is bright the future is armour. LoL

We still have to see what Esim will pull out of the bag for the next big update.

Indeed. SABOW and SB are two totally different beasts, both with pros and cons, and both fun to play. I don't even see them competing, as they have their own thing. The more the merrier.

Indeed. SABOW and SB are two totally different beasts, both with pros and cons, and both fun to play. I don't even see them competing, as they have their own thing. The more the merrier.

+1

That's not a thermal sight being used in the previous video, but it's a very good representation of a primitive Gen 0 night vision device. The bright parts of the screen is actually the cone of the IR searchlight of the tank shining the light out into the distance, you can even see in the heavy rain the reflection of the light off the rain.

Pretty neat effect.

That's not a thermal sight being used in the previous video, but it's a very good representation of a primitive Gen 0 night vision device. The bright parts of the screen is actually the cone of the IR searchlight of the tank shining the light out into the distance, you can even see in the heavy rain the reflection of the light off the rain.

Pretty neat effect.

Ahh, but that's one of my gripes: you shouldn't be able to see the rain in a Gen 0/1 image intensifier sight. If it showed up at all, it would be as additional noise, rendering an already poor sight near useless. Also, under the conditions pictured, the rain would act as a curtain for the searchlights, reflecting most of their energy back at the sight, and everything would just be muddled fuzzy blobs. Additionally, based on personal experience with real life TNK-3 and TPN1–41–11 IR sights, I believe those sights are a bit too good in SABoW, otherwise I like the overall package,

Note that a thermal sight would be just as useless under those conditions, as the sheeting rain creates a thermal - rather than visual - curtain between you and the target, and Germanium windows don't play well when wet.

Note that a thermal sight would be just as useless under those conditions, as the sheeting rain creates a thermal - rather than visual - curtain between you and the target, and Germanium windows don't play well when wet.

...fog is also a real bummer IRL :-/

Check out these lighting effects. The attention to visual detail in this sim is astounding.

22156072742_1a306ea3be_b.jpg

An M60 with its searchlights switched on.

22156068512_63b2def123_b.jpg

Kaboom! Soviet tank T-62 lets loose a SABOT round in the night.

The area around the muzzle flash illuminates, revealing the ground details. Superb.

22142538076_39cf8c7db7_b.jpg

Same view, but this time from the front. Notice the multi-coloured beams of lights.

21980904378_f4870a19fd_b.jpg

Driver's unbuttoned view with the lights on.

These screenshots don't even capture half of the lighting experience in SABOW. Best viewed in-game. Seeing these lighting effects reminds me of the first time I played Jane's Longbow II where I fired a pair of Hellfire missiles at night. Like this...

air_437a_007.jpg

Cheers! :-)

Frankie Kam, Malaysia