battle times

Boner

in response to some sage advice here are the FULLMETAL times of battle keep in mind we remain very flexible and of course TGIF takes the first priority spot

monday to friday 18;00 to 22;00

6 pm to 10 pm eastern

sat & sun 10;00 to 22;00

10 am to10 pm eastern

in response to some sage advice here are the FULLMETAL times of battle keep in mind we remain very flexible and of course TGIF takes the first priority spot

monday to friday 18;00 to 22;00

6 pm to 10 pm eastern

sat & sun 10;00 to 22;00

10 am to10 pm eastern

what is eastern?

let me shed some light tacbat this the first time i ever heard of UTC once i learn the standard here at SB ill certainly adjust until then i have to use wut i know

Does not have much to do with an "SB standard".

But "eastern" is a bit confusing.

eastern-australia?

eastern-europe?

east-asia?

You get the point?

let me shed some light tacbat this the first time i ever heard of UTC once i learn the standard here at SB ill certainly adjust until then i have to use wut i know

Sounds good. My initial comment wasn't directed at you, just the community in general. I think by using UTC or "Zulu" time, it will help answer questions before they are asked. Of course, then you'll get the odd person asking, "What's UTC/Zulu?" ;)

Boner,

UTC or Greenwich Mean Time is the global time reference point. Everywhere on the planet is X hours (where X is a number between 1 and 23) ahead or behind UTC/GMT.

Its also referred to a Zulu time (or just Z) so 1800Z = 1800 GMT = 1800 UTC.

Can I suggest (I share Tacbat's frustration) that you go to this web site:

http://www.timeanddate.com

Where you can set up a global conversion table.

You put in your local time and date and it generates a conversion table.

You then post the link here.

Others just click on the link and scroll down to find your "local" equivalent.

We at BG ANZAC use it so people in the various time zones in Aust/NZ know the equivalent of "0800 GMT on a Thursday":

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20150312T0800

Of course many can't be bothered and just post their local time and don't explain it, expecting potential visitors to do the math. As a result most don't.

If you use this tool to do the math for them, they have one less reason not to attend.

Edited by Gibsonm

Eastern Standard Time. [...] it's a north American time zone, but with the change in daylight savings time I think it's UTC-4 now.

Actually, it's "Eastern Daylight Time". :men_ani: But yes, we are UTC-4 now, or "Quebec" time instead of our usual "Romeo".

But I agree with Tacbat and the Colonel. We should forget all this nonsense and use UTC everywhere. It would prevent ambiguity and save a lot of time, IMHO.

PS

There seems to be increasing support for the discontinuation of daylight savings in the U.S. At least that would remove one layer of complication.

[/hijack]

PS

There seems to be increasing support for the discontinuation of daylight savings in the U.S. At least that would remove one layer of complication.

[/hijack]

Interesting. In the UK we have a pressure group who want us to move permanently to BST (GMT+1) so the evenings are lighter for longer.