Haferja

Modding the interior

Is it possible to mod the knobs and look of the interior of a tank? Especially the commander position (TIS-view). This look very very low res :(

Maybe we can get some high-res-looks?

Hm.. I'm not a talented modder :(

Yes it is possible. You would need a program that can handle .dds files (like Photoshop or Gimp) or a kind-hearted individual to do them for you.

Which vehicle did you have in mind?

Yes it is possible. You would need a program that can handle .dds files (like Photoshop or Gimp) or a kind-hearted individual to do them for you.

Which vehicle did you have in mind?

The commanders interior of a Leo2A5... ;-)

There is an old (ca. 2007) hi-res interior in the downloads section. I can't try it out right now, but I will later. If it doesn't work, or isn't any better than what is currently stock, I might be able to make a new one.

These work, but they apparently need to be converted to .dds. I'll have to see if I can get in touch with Hase, the author of these files, and get his permission to upload the .dds conversions.

I hope he says "yes", because man, these look good. :cool2:

Edit: PM sent.

I'm also looking forward for using those files.

I'm playing SB on a 3440x1440 res and it's looking good,

but i'm always in for visual upgrading. :)

There is an old (ca. 2007) hi-res interior in the downloads section. I can't try it out right now, but I will later. If it doesn't work, or isn't any better than what is currently stock, I might be able to make a new one.

Well that EXACTLY what i need :-) It would be nice to get the dds-files...

Wow, this is a very good mod.No more blurred letters!:luxhello:

Can you do something like this for other Leo2 models?

Then it is also possible to increase the resolution of the gunners position?

Then it is also possible to increase the resolution of the gunners position?

If you mean the actual sighting systems, I don't think that will happen as what you see know is what the real Gunner sees AFAIK.

No, I mean the interior, the buttons, the panels and things like that. And answeing myself, seems that yes!, its possible,Not only that, also it seems that there is no limit in resolution

Here some tests i have made:

Here the original Leo2 textures(Strv 112):

SS_20_31_34.jpg

share image

Here the same moddified on a Leo2 E:

SS_20_37_47.jpg

sube imagenes

SS_20_38_02.jpg

imagen

What is the limit on resolution?.Because the original files were 512x512 pixels, i tested up to 4096x4096 and seems working

Good news, everyone!

prof-farnsworth.jpg

Hase gave me permission to upload the .dds files. So, here they are:

Thank you! I know the mod folder. It has a few subfolders. I dunno where to put those 2 files into? Sorry... :(

hi thanks for this conversion and the original maker of this mod , i hope we see more hires interiors cause some are very low res like the drivers position,

i believe you put the files into your windows users/yourusername/ dir like (i have win7) : c:\Users\Administrator\Documents\eSim Games\Steel Beasts\mods\textures\woodland\

hi thanks for this conversion and the original maker of this mod , i hope we see more hires interiors cause some are very low res like the drivers position,

i believe you put the files into your windows users/yourusername/ dir like (i have win7) : c:\Users\Administrator\Documents\eSim Games\Steel Beasts\mods\textures\woodland\

Thank you very much! :-)

Well it depends which "climate" you want to use them in.

Putting them in "Woodland" doesn't help if its a winter scenario with snow. :)

Well it depends which "climate" you want to use them in.

Putting them in "Woodland" doesn't help if its a winter scenario with snow. :)

..the next problem i have: the folder woodland (eg) has a lot of subfolders with 2 letters each...uffff...

sorry i'm new to the game :) thanks for info, so you have to put the files on all epoch dirs then : autumn,desert,winter,woodland

Haferja dont put the 2 files on the subdirectories just into the main one autumn,desert,winter,woodland

edit : it doesnt seems to work

Haferja dont put the 2 files on the subdirectories just into the main one autumn,desert,winter,woodland

Thanx! I did so but didn't get the hires graphics ingame... :-(

..the next problem i have: the folder woodland (eg) has a lot of subfolders with 2 letters each...uffff...

The two letter codes are for various countries.

Want a US M1 to look a certain way put the files in the US folder.

Want Aust M1s to look different, put those files in the AU folder.

You can even have AU and US M1s in the same scenario with the different paint schemes - but they need to be on different sides (say US = Blue, AU = Green and Blue and Green are allies).

You do know that all of this is in the manual ....

You do know that all of this is in the manual ....

Thanx. I ve read the manual but only found a small section describing the main folders..

Thanx! I did so but didn't get the hires graphics ingame... :-(

Sorry, but wtf?! I put those 2 dds in every f** folder but ingame i ve the same low res graphics as before. Am i so dumb?

..the strange thing is: when i replace the original files (sure did backup) the commanders view ingame is broken (lot of textures missing). So maybe the (converted) files are broken?

*dont replace the original files! there are no files on these directories, go to your my documents folder as i typed earlier : c:\Users\Administrator\Documents\eSim Games\Steel Beasts\mods\textures\

, as Gibsonm said : (say US = Blue, AU = Green and Blue and Green are allies)

try to make a new mission with mission editor and put a leo 2a5 in there and choose Blue team , after you have copied the 2 files into : autumn/us/,desert/us/,winter/us/,woodland/us/

it works :)