Modding the interior

Haferja

*dont replace the original files! there are no files on these directories, got to your my documents folder as i typed earlier

ok i'm trying too :) , as Gibsonm said : (say US = Blue, AU = Green and Blue and Green are allies)

try to make a new mission with mission editor and put a leo 2a5 in there and choose Blue team , after you have copied the 2 files into : autumn/us,desert/us,winter/us,woodland/us

i'm doing it now ...

okay. But it should be that any of the existing missions (including tutorials) would use the modded files, too? Am i right?

yes i think so for all blue team vehicles if you copied the files on every /us directory , if you want on Green and Blue teams you must put the files on AU sub directories of epochs too,and for red on the other dirs if it works that way

*dont replace the original files! there are no files on these directories, go to your my documents folder as i typed earlier : c:\Users\Administrator\Documents\eSim Games\Steel Beasts\mods\textures\

, as Gibsonm said : (say US = Blue, AU = Green and Blue and Green are allies)

try to make a new mission with mission editor and put a leo 2a5 in there and choose Blue team , after you have copied the 2 files into : autumn/us/,desert/us/,winter/us/,woodland/us/

it works :)

Shit. It worked :-) so now i have to try to get the existing scenarios/missions to work with those files...

hi thanks for this conversion and the original maker of this mod , i hope we see more hires interiors cause some are very low res like the drivers position,

i believe you put the files into your windows users/yourusername/ dir like (i have win7) : c:\Users\Administrator\Documents\eSim Games\Steel Beasts\mods\textures\woodland\

woodland\DE? or GE?

woodland\DE? or GE?

If you look here you'll find the relevant 2 digit code.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ISO_3166-1_alpha-2

DE = Germany.

GE = Georgia (not the Gone with the Wind town, but the country). :)

If you want the tanks to be German, make the camo for Blue DE and put the mod in the DE folder.

If you want the Leos to be Georgian (due to some back story about an export deal or something) then make the camo for Blue GE and put the mod in the GE folder.

If you want German Leos and Georgian Leos on the map at the same time but looking different:

1. Make Blue and say Green allied

2. If you want the BLUE tanks to be German, make the camo for Blue DE and put the mod in the DE folder.

3. If you want the GREEN tanks to be Georgian, make the camo for Green GE and put the relevant mod in the GE folder.

i've got major alpha problems with that... they must be rerendered with correct alpha channel settings. the working one can be downloaded form the dogs of war teamspeak channel file browser their name will be

leo2a5_HI1

leo2a5_HI2

alpha channel is how transparences are dealt with picture images

56e83d1c15a56_alphaerror.png.71872d875d2

56e83d1c15a56_alphaerror.png.71872d875d2

i've got major alpha problems with that... they must be rerendered with correct alpha channel settings.

That's strange. I saved the files as "DXT3" (explicit alpha). The originals were bitmaps with alpha channels, however there was no information in the alpha. So, I guess it was discarded. (?)

Even stranger is, I do not have the same problem using the textures I uploaded. I wonder what could be causing that on your end, but not mine.

hi LtDefault... it's not just my problem, three of us seen this yesterday, since we reconverted them. maybe compression could have done something.

anyway, have you tried to backup your copy, re download the one from this thread and see if you find the issue also? very good mod, anyway. i wish those could be found for 2E and DK versions also.

putting them in the woodland folder should do the trick, no need to put them in all the other folders, since when textures are missing from those, SB will read from the default woodland one.

I think it should be clarified here that while the above is true of the main root game folders (which Ssnake will admonish you to leave the hell alone) ... it is NOT true of the mod folders.

I wish it was. It would make using mods common to multiple nationalities sooo much easier (and take up less drive space if that's an issue).

But as the mod folders work now, and have since introduced, you must place a copy of your .dds in each and every nationality subfolder where you want it to appear. Files placed outside those mod subfolders but in, for example, the mod woodland folder, will not be seen in-game.

I just tried it again with these supercool hi-rez interior files to make sure.