T-14 ARMATA new russian tank

kotplus

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Looking at the large number of AFV losses in Ukraine due to flank/rear ATGM and close range RPG strikes, I think a reliance on sensors over the good 'ol Mk. 1 eyeball will come back to bite them with this design, but given the Russian propensity for fighting buttoned-up I guess it's par for the course.

look at the spacing of the road wheels... And then at the M1A1..

Doesent look that tall, the tarp makes it look tall, but it looks like that is just covering instruments. Maybe metrology instruments for the gun or similar.

I used the person standing in the hatch as a reference point (above pic).

From what we can see of him, measures around 40 pixels. It's about 100 pixels from the ground to top of the hull. He would have to have an abnormally small head to measure 100 pixels in height.

The upper covered part is probably a remote gun station/optronics.

look at the spacing of the road wheels... And then at the M1A1..

Doesent look that tall, the tarp makes it look tall, but it looks like that is just covering instruments. Maybe metrology instruments for the gun or similar.

Tank-net is down right mow, but there was a nice overlay comparison posted yesterday. The Armata is a big tank, at least as large hull wise as a Leo 2 or Abrams, and with out the tarp I doubt it'll be much (~.25m at best) shorter.

according to this pamphlet, the BMO-2, (flame thrower IFV from what i've gathered) based on the Armata chassis, is

9.19m long, and 2.86m tall, fitted with a 1500hp engine,

and weighs 49 tons.

xQd2tZS.jpg

so apparently the new russian IFV is going to be an IFV armoured like a tank.

Heavy IFV T-15 in N.Tagil:

https://youtu.be/4Bk-wgWOTiA

Great pics Jartsev

Cant wait to see the new kit in detail though, Roll on may day parade I reckon every AFV Enthusiast will be watching the parade to see the new Tank IFV and SPG

I wonder will they circle the new vehicles to make the west think they have more of them Then they really have, like the good old days. LoL

Engine front and turret rear. Poor infantry.

Did anyone notice the 4 tubes mounted in different directions on top of the hull, right of the TC?

probably APS of some sort. they look too hefty to be smoke grenades.

something like Drozd:

Sorry, image flagged as malicious

Engine front and turret rear. Poor infantry.

Its not a turret, but a remote-controlled weapon station in fact, and virtually does not protrudes to the troop compartament.

Did anyone notice the 4 tubes mounted in different directions on top of the hull, right of the TC?

Its a hard-kill APS(probably "Drozd-2" derrivative). There are also a somekind of sensors visible.

Its not a turret, but a remote-controlled weapon station in fact, and virtually does not protrudes to the troop compartament.

I thought they would bend the infantry into a new shape to make them fit like they have in the past.

For a nation that needs large numbers, they chose the most expensive route for IFV/APC. Any info on procurement plans?

There are also a somekind of sensors visible.

I would guess viewing optics because the front face is too large for a detection sensor.

Well the Russian MOD has progressively slashed its order from ~166 for the production aircraft that would eventually come of the PAK-FA T-50 program down to as of this post 12 airframes as a result of the recent sanctions. I think it quite likely for the foreseeable future that the biggest customer for the latest and greatest of Russian conventional military tech will continue to be India.

For a nation that needs large numbers, they chose the most expensive route for IFV/APC. Any info on procurement plans?

I have no idea. T-15 is a dedicated assault vehicle for high-threat environment(concept is somewhat close to Israely "Achzarit") and it can not be a primary vehicle of mechanized infantry units. The role of cheap mass-produced tracked IFV probably should be filled with BMP-3(its procurement was restarted recently) or new "Kurganetc-25"(development is far from completion, presumably), if russians will be able to fund such massive rearmament program.

I would guess viewing optics because the front face is too large for a detection sensor.

May be... Its too early to make any assumptions, IMHO.

it's as freakishly ugly as it's tall.

i'm guessing the large box above the gun is the primary sight, with missile guidance device to it's side.

Hard to guess. May be a pano sight on top with radar antenna near it, and GPS is on the turret`s left...