T-14 ARMATA new russian tank

kotplus

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You can't say that they aren't innovative with their tanks, more so than the west at least. However, they did it with incremental and more frequent steps, not with giant leaps like this.

they are def.innovative in their tank designs,but it seems there is always one or two glaring weaknesses that renders the vehicle totally useless in areas that other AFVs would just shrug off and keep on trucking.plus the T90,while an step foward,lets be honest doesnt compare to the SEP or LEO.not to underestimate it.

they are def.innovative in their tank designs,but it seems there is always one or two glaring weaknesses that renders the vehicle totally useless in areas that other AFVs would just shrug off and keep on trucking.plus the T90,while an step foward,lets be honest doesnt compare to the SEP or LEO.not to underestimate it.

the Armata seems to adress a lot of issues that existed in the old tanks.

namely protection of ammunition, rate of fire, armour, and possibly even the crappy reverse gear. now whether the optics are comparable to western tanks, and the reverse gear is fixed. remains to be seen.

the Armata seems to adress a lot of issues that existed in the old tanks.

namely protection of ammunition, rate of fire, armour, and possibly even the crappy reverse gear. now whether the optics are comparable to western tanks, and the reverse gear is fixed. remains to be seen.

what i find interesting is that the crew is totally cut off from the auto loader(if true)if the auto goes down how do you get to it to repair it,esp. in a NBC enviro.nobody can be that dumb ?can they?.......ok,short straw loses.

what i find interesting is that the crew is totally cut off from the auto loader(if true)if the auto goes down how do you get to it to repair it,esp. in a NBC enviro.nobody can be that dumb ?can they?.......ok,short straw loses.

Nothing more complicated than the previous T-tanks...

In NRBC conditions, you depolute the exterior of the tank then proceed to the repairs.

Nothing more complicated than the previous T-tanks...

In NRBC conditions, you depolute the exterior of the tank then proceed to the repairs.

yes,but if its an active threat with the persistant ooze still oozing how do you take care of the repairs to the interior if you cant getto them?

yes,but if its an active threat with the persistant ooze still oozing how do you take care of the repairs to the interior if you cant getto them?

You just don't.

If the threat is still oozing, you have nothing to do but pull back and go to the maintenance team to perform it with the appropriated apparatus.

Having access to the autoloader is anything but totally appropriate. If the autoloader has a failure, the crew hasn't necessarily the appropriated tools/spare parts to fix it.

If you mean : "Can the ammunition be handloaded in the breach from the autoloader?"

I dunno. It depends, I guess.

Well given that the basic premise of this design is to reclaim the space normally occupied by the crew in the turret, I suspect that even if it were possible, that there is no space/limited access for a person to actually do it.

in the T-72/90/80 you cannot perform combat repairs either.

and loading the gun manually takes literally forever, in the area of 13-15 minutes.

by then you might as well just retreat from battle.

i guess you can clear gun jams and misfires more easily in a T-72 though.

ok,thnx.ive asked enough questions for this decade.:)

Its good to see some enthusiasm from the SB/Armour community.

Its a very niche hobby unlike the car enthusiast's, new models every year

Where's we have to wait a Decade or two for something new.

I think we will have to wait a while for brand new western tank design.

The Turks have the Altay and theirs some excellent new IFV wheeled and tracked designs.

To study

It ll be interesting to see the replacement of the Abrams,but I think that ll be a while.

The Americans started work on a new concept tank a good few years ago they even built a Mock Up But the project got cancelled. (have heard there going to refund the project)

The Germans and French have agreed to a joint collaboration For a new Tank,

At least ten years before we see it if it ever gets built.

I would speculate the Brits will buy of the shelf if they replace the CR-2

The Chinese will continue to build and improve there designs.

I would not be surprised if India starts licenced Production Of the Armata there own Design has many issues and major Cost over runs.

The south Koreans and Japanese have relatively new deigns but the Armata will be the new kid on the block for a good while I think. new western designs may be accelerated if the Russians export the Armata.

Tank building was a cottage industry in the UK

I guess Me, Crusty and Hoggy could between us knock a decent design up & project manage the development of it.

but.

We'd have to sub con out the actual manufacture.

So they'd probably end up being built in a shipyard or something. :)