T-14 ARMATA new russian tank

kotplus

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

gray box on front hull is probably just a generic steel/alu storage box.

it's got straps all around it, and not there in other pics.

i'm suspecting the grayish looking box above the 2A42 is the same.

underneath the gray box on the turret however, there's something that looks like a sight shield.

sensors on front of turret might be laser warning receivers.

Heh, it's been photoshopped into a field.

Look at the mount for the 2A42 box. It looks like it is able to elevate/depress, almost looks like an mg mount (at least a western one).

There's might be another sensor type in between and above the 2nd and 3rd laser detectors.

Seems like the tanks design places a lot of emphasis on sensors

I wonder what system there using for the auto loader the basket system proved vulnerable

The system used on the Leclerc is far more survivable if the tank armour is penetrated

I still belive this a lot of hype over another failing russian tank design, sure some great options for the crew, but if this were great tech we in the west would have gone down that route.

I think with the poor showing of most T-XX tanks a rebranding or a NEW tank was the only way they were going to find new and return customers.

Just my 2 cents (wait, the loony is down :mad3:) , my 1cent.:clin:

I still belive this a lot of hype over another failing russian tank design, sure some great options for the crew, but if this were great tech we in the west would have gone down that route.

I think with the poor showing of most T-XX tanks a rebranding or a NEW tank was the only way they were going to find new and return customers.

I disagree Alfa.

I think the Russians have spent a long time and a lot of money to produce a Tank

Capable of taking on western designs. IMO they have made good use of all the data from How badly there designs faired in real combat, Also before they became the bad guys again They had Access to advanced western military tech. they have collaborated with the French On a number of upgrades for there older designs especially thermal sights.

Mostly for the UAE.

The reason the west hasn't produced anything new is simple they were to busy spending Billions fighting real wars. the Brits are the third biggest spender on defence in the world yet There only starting to get upgraded/better equipment now.

I disagree Alfa.

I think the Russians have spent a long time and a lot of money to produce a Tank

Capable of taking on western designs. IMO they have made good use of all the data from How badly there designs faired in real combat, Also before they became the bad guys again They had Access to advanced western military tech. they have collaborated with the French On a number of upgrades for there older designs especially thermal sights.

Mostly for the UAE.

The reason the west hasn't produced anything new is simple they were to busy spending Billions fighting real wars. the Brits are the third biggest spender on defence in the world yet There only starting to get upgraded/better equipment now.

We shall see. They had a long time and endless money to produce the T-72, and we all know how well that went.:c:

We will just have to wait till the first round makes contact.:clin:

We shall see. They had a long time and endless money to produce the T-72, and we all know how well that went.:c:

We will just have to wait till the first round makes contact.:clin:

I would speculate that Nato already knows the capabilities of the Armata.

I don't think the new proposed French/German tank design was a coincidence

I would also speculate a new version of the Abrams will be built they had a test bed Prototype that was cancelled I believe. National pride will not allow the Russians to have the Most advanced tank (if it is) in the world also there's the lucrative export market to think of.

One lesson learned since the Gulf war it doesn't mater how much equipment you have its the

Quality that counts.

we in the west were planning to go down that route. but then the cold war ended, and the abrams/leopard proved to be such a superior design it was seen as overkill and put on ice.

now look what the poster claims. a 48-ton tank with more than 900mm frontal protection.

sensible reload rate of 5 seconds per round. possibly even a decent reverse gear, if you look at the size of the engine compartment. and highly compartmentalized crew.

this tank has front armour protection equal to the M1A2 SEP, but weighs 14 tons less,

and because of this and that 1500hp engine, has a vastly higher power/weight ratio, with higher acceleration and top speed, as well as lower fuel consumption.

reload time can be slightly higher on the abrams, but 5 seconds is no longer an issue.

optics, who knows, the info panel makes pretty hefty claims.

The T-14 Armata, crewed by midgets.

Does this 900mm RHAe protection extend to protecting the gun and ammo areas?

If not it seems a bit fragile.

Hang on a second....

A four cycle gas turbine engine??!

Last I heard it was either one or the other.

Or are they trying to say it's a hyberbar engine like the Leclerc?

The T-14 Armata, crewed by midgets.

Does this 900mm RHAe protection extend to protecting the gun and ammo areas?

If not it seems a bit fragile.

Hang on a second....

A four cycle gas turbine engine??!

Last I heard it was either one or the other.

Or are they trying to say it's a hyberbar engine like the Leclerc?

the 900mm would extend to protecting the ammunition area, but the gun would be as well protected as on a western tank. E.G highly vulnerable.

they said gas turbine supercharger, so it's probably hyperbar.

the whole idea is to make the turret remote-controlled from this "bunker" in the hull.

so you have a small well-protected area around the crew, with less protection elsewhere.

turret is made low-profile to make it harder to hit at long range.

the 900mm would be on the hull front. i would guess the turret is at most 30mm proof.

so in essence, the tank is unkillable, at least with conventional ammunition but you can take it out of action with a well-placed shot to the turret.

it should also be vulnerable to top-attack ammunition, like TOW-2B and javelin. the hatches doesn't look thick enough to withstand it.

the 900mm would extend to protecting the ammunition area, but

conventional ammunition but you can take it out of action with a well-placed shot to the turret.

it should also be vulnerable to top-attack ammunition, like TOW-2B and javelin. the hatches doesn't look thick enough to withstand it.

I thought it had some type of advanced active protection system.

To protect it from RPG/ATGM's it would make sense for the Russian to give such a system high priority

Due to there heavy losses in Chechnya form such weapons.

I thought it had some type of advanced active protection system.

To protect it from RPG/ATGM's it would make sense for the Russian to give such a system high priority

Due to there heavy losses in Chechnya form such weapons.

it's got APS, but dunno how effective that would be against top-attack rounds.

• Members
Thanks for posting

Looking forward to the Russian mayday parade we should get a good look at the Armata Tank.

Rehearsal (no armata but lots of other kit):

0nz_zY0rXyg

I see

• T34
  • SU-100 (???)
  • Iveco LMV (and/or GAZ-2975 Tigr)
  • BTR-82A
  • KamAZ 63968 Typhoon (??)
  • Ural Typhoon
  • Kurganets-25
  • T-90 (I guess)
  • BMP-3
  • BTR-MD Shell
  • 2S19 I guess (can't be Coalition-SV I think?)
  • 9K720 Iskander-M / SS-26
  • 9K331M Tor-M1
  • 9K37M1 Buk
  • Pantsir-S
  • S-400
  • Topol-M
  • BTR Boomerang

Edited by Retro

Thanks for sharing Retro. I'm obviously not current on vehicle ID. Several of those wheeled vehicles I am unfamiliar with. So thanks for your ID list too.

+1

So the Russian army is getting a new Tank, Tracked IFV, SP artillery system, and a wheeled IFV, not bad.

http://rt.com/news/234363-armata-tracked-armored-platform/

I think this is the turret that's going to be mounted on the new BTR Boomerang as well as the armata IFV

Looks Very sophisticated. I wonder why they have stayed with the 2A42 cannon a good Cannon but Most western

IFV's are proof frontally against it. Unless they have developed new types of Ammo for it.

Not sure if the Amarta IFV and boomerang will also have unmanned turrets

IMO,The jury's still out on the whole unmanned turret concept though.

armata_heavy_ifv_l6.jpg.64253a87cd89119d

armata_heavy_ifv_l6.jpg.64253a87cd89119d

Edited by Marko

+1

So the Russian army is getting a new Tank, Tracked IFV, SP artillery system, and a wheeled IFV, not bad.

http://rt.com/news/234363-armata-tracked-armored-platform/

I think this is the turret that's going to be mounted on the new BTR Boomerang as well as the armata IFV

Looks Very sophisticated. I wonder why they have stayed with the 2A42 cannon a good Cannon but Most western

IFV's are proof frontally against it. Unless they have developed new types of Ammo for it.

Not sure if the Amarta IFV and boomerang will also have unmanned turrets

IMO,The jury's still out on the whole unmanned turret concept though.

the 30mm is mostly for dealing with infantry and lightly armoured trucks. those missiles would be for dealing with IFVs and tanks.

Looking forward to reading the specs for the Amarta IFV.

I wonder how it will compare with the new German Puma and the warrior update.

Also does anybody know are the US Military going ahead with the Bradley replacement

There was a pic of a prototype posted a while ago.

While the crew arrangement is one way to offer them better protection but doesn't this setup isolate them a little too much? What can they do from their fortified box that doesn't require some kind of device to do it for them, or require the vehicle to stop and remain stopped?

Remember the ergonomic problems they had with the commander's location on the BMP1? Could this generation be making a similar design choice?

Hm, me wonders where they get this 2000hp engine.(of this size)

http://survincity.com/2010/09/the-engine-near-future/