• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Servus,

so the 2nd VOWOPANZ is finished.

1 player from down under, 3 players from spain (good to see you guys back) and 4 germans.

Thank you to Ronin for COing and to Gladiator for the mission.

In two weeks it`s H2H time. I will see which mission I will choose.

cheers

D u k e

The main problem was, that till I had run the AAR, I had no f...ing idea of the enemy situation.

SITREPS and real situation differed quite a lot :-(

It also did not help that from my position I was not able to get eyes towards the enemy. I totaly not predicted them comming from there, so the force disposition I ordered was "less then perfect".

Well, one for the lessons learned book.

And for all participants: Thanks for joining.

But also keep practicing! An important ability is to translate what you see in the 3D world into a graphic on the map!!

Servus,

I made the translation for the mission and the callsign template and tested the mission a lot of times.

It was also a surprisefor me that red was attacking with BMP-3. In my test rounds I had only BTRs (and thats hard enough for a Stryker).

Buts its a mission made by Gladiator and he always script different variants.

I will look with him over the mission and then I will publish the mission with different options (with enemy map updates, without...).

If someone has a nice company size H2H please sent it to me.

I have a good old one here, but no passwords, damn.

Maybe we try the new manteuffel H2H. You never played a mission like this one.

cheers

D u k e

Thanks for the mission. Was exciting and intense.

The lesson learned was that the enemy can surprise you whenever he can and in K11 we were so focused on covering the supposed enemy axis of advance that the sudden appearance of a reinforced company of BMP 3 on our rear right flank was a rude awakening.

The fact that the enemy formation spawned almost in engagement range instead that they had to travel to that possition made previous detection and redirection of defences almost impossible, so out of the blue we got them just in our rear right flank.

That is no much of an excuse since on a real war this kind of a surprise is what any decent enemy would try to achieve and I must have considered that possibility. I guess if the enemy would have been human I would have surely expected a flanking maneuver but since it was IA, that caught me completely by surprise

For K11 our supposed covered possitions on the reverse slope become a very exposed possition to the new enemy. That force of a reinforced company of BMP 3 outgunned our 3 Centauros and while we managed to hit several fo them, we had no cover possition for an enemy attack from that axis so we where quite exposed.

I recall transmiting on the radio, we are engaging enemies to our East but initially it was the other two elements of K11 who had a visual on them but just after receiving a volley of missiles and being hit and damaged so it is true that comms and reporting were not very precise and clear. Sorry :c:

Our "escape route" back to our lines was on a slope completely exposed to the enemy attack axis so the whole K11 was wiped our while trying to retreat.

If the enemy would have been human, I would have complimented him for a "brilliant textbook flanking maneuver".

For the next mission we will try to be sharper on reporting and comms.

Anyway I always say that defeats teach you much more than victories.

Thanks for the mission. Was great to be back on a multi player session with you guys :cool3:

Edited by Furia

T

Anyway I always say that defeats teach you much more than victories.

And the great thing about simulation, is that you survive and are able to learn from it.

And as you said, me as the CO...I didN't have that area on my list. So I ordered noone to have eyes there.

Bad mistake by me(with hindsight)

An important ability is to translate what you see in the 3D world into a graphic on the map!!

+1. It's a rare skill to be able to easily correlate what you see in the 3D view (especially when using thermals) to the map.

Servus Duke.

I will not be able to attend today. :( Sorry.

Actually I will not be able to attend anything until mid June because I have several courses and exams to finish (Funny that I have to study more now at 49 than when I was 20 :c:)

Have fun and good hunt. I will be looking forward to the next combats after mid June.

Servus,

if I saw the mission the first time, I thought what the f... is this.

What was he (manteuffel -> mission designer) smoking.:c:

In the end of the day I´m happy to play with my 911 buddies and with my comrades from down under and north america. Where are the comrades from europe? Is the start time to early or to late? suggestions are welcome!

In two weeks we can also play the "Duke ultimate hardcore version" (an australien tank squadron LeoAS1 against a reinforced T-90 btn) if some one wants to lead it:gun:.

cheers

D u k e

Servus,

if I saw the mission the first time, I thought what the f... is this.

What was he (manteuffel -> mission designer) smoking.:c:

In the end of the day I´m happy to play with my 911 buddies and with my comrades from down under and north america. Where are the comrades from europe? Is the start time to early or to late? suggestions are welcome!

In two weeks we can also play the "Duke ultimate hardcore version" (an australien tank squadron LeoAS1 against a reinforced T-90 btn) if some one wants to lead it:gun:.

cheers

D u k e

It will take time to build the event Duke.

RL commitments stop me from participating

I would run a poll on start times.

More promotion for the event on other forums mite help.

• 2 weeks later...

Too easy tonight. ;)

Next time me and my pistol! :)

Serious thanks again for a great session and thanks to Falli for commanding.

I died because I was an idiot and didn't control my driver properly.

Good curtain raiser for Rolling Thunder!

Elements of 12 resupply:

18315713240_7724100ecd_o.png

Where are the comrades from europe? Is the start time to early or to late? suggestions are welcome!

Sadely I works every friday night, but it will change soon (contract lost) and I will be free most of those nights, hopefully I will drag some other frenchs too.