VOWOPANZ 2015

D u k e

Yep, we lacked some training for coordination.

French Cavalery platoon, either on AMX10RC or AMX Leclerc, has the same organisation: 3 guns and 3 Light armoured.

Possibility of articulation are numerous.

3G-3L ( what I wanted for PL2)

3x 1G+1L

2G+2L-1G+1L ( what I choose for the beginning)

2G-2L-1G+1L

2G-1G+3L

2G+1L-1G+2L

Current French organisation is complicated, but next ( 4G + 4L) will be even more!

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

Greetings.

This Friday 1945 UTC, we jump back to 1987 for a COOP mission.

Teamspeak IP: steelbeasts.org

TS PW: Kettenpolster

Scenario is named "Panzerketten" and was designed by Gladiator. I just changed the location names and OPROD a bit so they a readadble for non-german speakers.

The OPORD:

Situation:

ENEMY: attack has been stopped at Line OHE-HÖFER. Enemy switched to hasty defence. Probable enemy intent is to hold favourable terrain until reenforcments arive IOT resume attack.

Overall ENY strenght is one Mech-rifle BN at 65%. In the area of ALVERN and OHE , one enemy Mech company at about 70% strenght. We expect enemy reserve in company strenght in the area of GLOCKENHOLZ.

OWN: Vaguard of own BN (=we, one tank company (+/-) at 100% strenght) has arrived in HABIGHORST. The rest of the BN will arrive in about one hour.

Mission: Own BN is to attack at the enemy's left wing and flank and move on to take BEEDENBOSTEL in order to cut of and destroy enemy forces on the line OHE-HÖFER before enemy reeforcements arrive.

Task:

Your company has to attack immediantly to the south, take and hold ALVERN. In order to break up the enemy defence and to enable further attack toward BEEDENBOSTEL

Fire support.: 1 Battery (2 platoon, 4 guns each) HE / smoke

Own left flank secures by FASCAM FM until 1700Z

CSS: one supply platoon will move in as soon as the OBJ has been taken

ORBAT: 2xplt Leopard 1A5

1x plt Ulan

1x CO tank (Leo1a5)

1 ARV

1 Medic

View distance: 18-2400m

Maptrace posted at Simhq:

http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/4144676#Post4144676

So these are no longer fortnightly/ every two weeks?

Previously they were on:

05 Jun

19 Jun

03 Jul

Not complaining, just I need to adjust the calendar entry on BG ANZAC if they have no moved to a weekly sequence.

We went on to alternate between H2H and COOP, aim is to have something every friday.

But I'd wait with changing calendars ;-)

I think we may anounce a "summerbreak" soon. Many of us will be on vacation during the next weeks...

Not anything finished enough, I am looking at 1-2 more weeks before I feel it should be shown in public again.

/KT

Aha! I thought MG was being a bit optimistic when he described the changes we discussed after the mission as 'a bit of tweaking'. :wink2: This is a light-hearted remark btw, not a criticism of anyone's judgement. One has to be so careful these days....:heu:

Aha! I thought MG was being a bit optimistic when he described the changes we discussed after the mission as 'a bit of tweaking'. :wink2: This is a light-hearted remark btw, not a criticism of anyone's judgement. One has to be so careful these days....:heu:

Well he is on holidays for 3 more weeks with supposedly "nothing else to do". :)

Anyway I'll try and make this too.