I am here at last

pi_cubed

Hello. Would like to introduce myself. Firstly, I am not a seasoned gamer. I remember being immersed for weekends on the old M1 Tank Platoon on a 386, but back then noone I knew even looked twice at computers so I was out of step. Well, nowadays it seems because I dont stare at a Pc, laptop, tablet, or mobile for half the day I am out of step once again. So I decided I should indulge and allocate some time for the only tactical simulation worthy. I have tried the original steel beasts demo many years ago and have finally purchased a year license now. Thankyou to Esim for introducing the monthly license as this gave me the confidence to trial on my very basic laptop. As it turns out I can get good frame rates with the right settings. For the last month trial I have been playing the included tutorials and several individual scenarios. Now I am addicted. So I hope you do not mind a few newbie questions as needed. I would like to join some multiplayer sessions once I have completed some more training. Any suggestions for scenarios to download would be appreciated. I would especially like to thank the contributors to this forum as it has been such a helpful knowledge base already.

Mate,

Welcome!

Sorry don't have a lot of time at the moment (small lull between ANZAC Day activities).

You are more than welcome to join us at:

http://www.bganzac.org.

Its focused on people from Aust/NZ and new people are looked after (has a "Starter Pack" page, etc.).

More details here:

http://www.steelbeasts.com/sbforums/showthread.php?p=271930#post271930

and have finally purchased a year license now. Thankyou to Esim for introducing the monthly license as this gave me the confidence to trial on my very basic laptop. As it turns out I can get good frame rates with the right settings. For the last month trial I have been playing the included tutorials and several individual scenarios. Now I am addicted. So I hope you do not mind a few newbie questions as needed. I would like to join some multiplayer sessions once I have completed some more training. Any suggestions for scenarios to download would be appreciated. I would especially like to thank the contributors to this forum as it has been such a helpful knowledge base already.

LoL.

Welcome to the rather strange world of the armour enthusiast.

Some free advice, don't talk armour to your mates.

They just get a blank look and there eyes roll.

Welcome! After the tutorials, I'd suggest Mark Gibson's guides (although these aren't scenarios, but they're very informative) and maybe Gary Owen's Camp Hornfelt Series. There are also some great scenarios in the included "scenarios>single player" and "classics" folders.

Just remember: the AAR is your friend and can teach you a lot about what you did wrong...and right. After you get comfortable with the basic controls, I'd jump online ASAP! It's the best way to experience SB; and this community is very patient and eager to help.

Welcome! After the tutorials, I'd suggest Mark Gibson's guides (although these aren't scenarios, but they're very informative) and maybe Gary Owen's Camp Hornfelt Series. There are also some great scenarios in the included "scenarios>single player" and "classics" folders.

Just remember: the AAR is your friend and can teach you a lot about what you did wrong...and right. After you get comfortable with the basic controls, I'd jump online ASAP! It's the best way to experience SB; and this community is very patient and eager to help.

Mate,

Are you quoting our "Starter Pack" page? :)

http://www.bganzac.org/support/starter-pack.html

Hmmm...I don't see any content in the main frame on that page. I'm registering now to see if that changes anything.

So...no, I'm technically not quoting. Must be great minds and all. :cool3:

EDIT: Yes, that did the trick. (Thank you, administrator X, for the speedy activation.)

EDIT (again): Ha! You're right, maybe I should join. If I only had the time...

Thankyou for all the welcomes.

Thankyou to Lt Default for the scenario suggestions and to Gibsonm for the time to create the guides. I have more reading to do now. :luxhello:

Thankyou also to all the members who take the time to post videos. I have watched several TGIF from Rotareneg so far.

Hi 31.0062766803 (Pi cubed = 3.14^3 !)

Welcome to SB Pro PE. Whatever you do, besides the several great online multiplayer sites given to you, please, please don't check out www.dogsofwarvu.com. Because if you ever did, you would be Steelbeasts Addicted cubed.

LOL.

regards

Frankie Kam

A die-hard flight sim enthusiasts since the early 1990s, now totally awe-struck and won-over to tank sims. Tanks to SteelBeasts and eSimGames.