Dongle interfering with the Recycle Bin in Windows 7

ontos

Has anyone had a problem with deleted items not showing in the recycle bin, the bin shows full but no items listed? I didn't have this problem until I plugged my Dongle into the rear USB port.

I did some research on the problem with the Recycle Bin and found this solution, I haven't tried it yet, I wanted to see if anyone here had the same problem. I don't want to try something that might mess up my Dongle now I got it working great:

I ran into this same problem and contacted CodeMeter directly. Here is the solution and it worked on my Windows 7 Ultimate system:

And we got a solution.

You should switch the state of your CmStick from local disk to removable disk.

You can change this with our tool “Code Meter Disc Configuration”.

Start->All Programs->CodeMeter->Tools->Disc Configuration, then go to the rider “Option” and change the value “Disk Type”.

Last step is to unplug the CodeMeter and replug it in and it should work.

Thanks Homer, I'll give it a go.

My luck Code Meter dropped the "Code Meter Tool" with Ver. 4.30. I'll have to try and figure out how to do it in the Command Prompt. I think I might have to leave it the way it is.

Yeah, looks like the CM Tool is history and has been replaced with this:

CodeMeter User Help > Manual > CMU - CodeMeter Universal Support Tool > near end of the commandline options list

Syntax: cmu32 /s ******** --set-config-disk RemovableDisk (replace **** with your stick's serial number, note spaces)

You can also change the stick to HID mode so that it doesn't show up as a drive at all, which is how I've got mine set up. The instructions are in the "HID Support" section of the manual. Your CmStick has to be new enough that it can run at least the 2.02 firmware, so some of the very old sticks may not support this.

I got my recycle bin working again, not being tech savvy I could't figure out how to get into the cmd files to change the set up. I'm guessing you have to do it in "note pad" I removed the Dongle from the back of my tower to the front, now I can see my trash bin.

• Members

cmd refers to the command line (DOS Box). Press the Windows button for the start menu, type "cmd" into the search field, then select the "cmd.exe" in the list of applications that will appear. This opens a black window where you can type in direct instructions to the operating system.

1. Backup your license info and read all relevant info on how to recover in case of a worst case scenario. If you are not confident that you can deal with a worst case then stop right here and leave things as they are since it's working.

2. Start > Run > type cmd then press enter

3. Type cd \ then enter

4. Type cd "Program Files (x86)\CodeMeter\Runtime\bin" then enter

5. Type the command from my previous post.

EDIT: Doh!