OPFOR is Rising

OPFOR

Either Way We Will Kill You

Who We Are

We are a group of war gamers and friends. We play because we have an interest in the military, military history and/or military art and/or science. We try to play in a reasonable fashion. The members are a mature group with a sense of humor (often times warped).

We play with Eastern and Western equipment.

What We Expect

1. Follow orders, if you can't then we won't deal with you.

2. Basic proficiency. We don't expect people to be Mansteins or Michael Wittmanns, but we expect some basic proficiency or otherwise have a desire to get it. If you don't have it we will help you with it but you must be willing.

3. Communications discipline. We don't need to hear about a 5.56 flying over your head. Nor do we need shitty or grossly inaccurate information. Try to be accurate and concise with information.

4. Last (but not least) a good attitude. At the end of the day we play this and whatever else we might play to have fun, not to piss people off or stroke our epeen.

Code of Conduct

1. Don't be a dick. Most of us have to deal with enough of them as is, we don't need to deal with them in our hobby.

2. Cheating is a deadly sin, or at least it should be. If you are a cheater/exploiter, or otherwise knowingly enabled cheaters/exploiters then we have no interest in dealing with you. This is a zero tolerance policy. If another unit wants to play with us and they have someone in it that fits that description then expect us to politely decline the offer.

3. Dramas and traumas. We have no interest in them. See "1." We deal with enough drama during the week, we don't need more. If you don't "get" that then we have no interest in dealing with you.

Entrance Process

1. A prospective member who wants to join the group must receive permission to play with the group (this is a one time thing, the prospect does not have to continually ask to join in), a quick vote can be made in which a majority agree, or otherwise a general sensing of the group's desire can be engaged in as regards this. The vote can be called by any full member.

2. Prospects will go through a probationary process in which it will be seen if they will fit into the group. As a probationary member the probie can be prevented from playing with the group if a pair of members have an issue with the probie's actions (I.E., the probie does not follow expectations or the CoC or there are major personality clashes).

3. Probies if they are a good match will become regular members after a vote by the regular members. If a super majority is achieved (80% or more) by the active members in favor of the probie being a regular member the probie will become a regular member. A vote on this can be called by the leader only.

If a regular member turns out to be a bad match a vote can be requested. If the vote obtains a simple majority (51% or more) that finds that he is harmful to the group as a whole then he will no longer be a regular member. The member can go through the entrance process again if he so wishes at a later date. The vote can be called by any two or more regular members and for the vote to be legitimate a quorum of the entire active membership must be achieved. An active member is defined as someone who has played 50% of the month or more with the group.

Membership In Other Groups, Etc.

We have no policy against membership in other VUs, groups, etc. Just as long as the other groups are compatible with the CoC.

We do not require people to show up X times a week, month, etc. We get that people get burnt out, go on vacation, have families and so on.

Tie Votes

If a vote comes up as a tie the group leader will be given a second vote for the sake of tie breaking.

Group Leadership

The Group Leader is chosen by a vote every six (6) months. Consecutive terms are unlimited. If the Leader resigns a new vote takes place to find his replacement.

The Leader's responsibilities include

1. Initiating membership votes.

2. Diplomacy with other groups (setting up matches, etc).

3. Organizing group events.

Amendments

Amendments to the group charter can be made after a vote in favor attains a 2/3rds majority with a quorum of the entire active membership.

Playing Time

Saturdays, 3:30PM EST is the join up time, 4pm EST is the jump off time.

Edited by TankHunter

Playing Time

Saturdays, 3:30PM EST is the join up time, 4pm EST is the jump off time.

OK so "US EST" rather than Australian and other EST, i.e. GMT - 5 hours? :)

Also will it remain at EST or move to EDT as and when you adopt that?

i.e. 1530 EST regardless or 1530 EST, then 1530 EDT, then back to 1530 EST?

Edited by Gibsonm

I've posted a link to this on the BG ANZAC site for those interested. :)

While the initial post details the "newbie" approval process, how do people actually apply:

Post here?

PM TankHunter?

Turn up on TS and ask?

Just so I can add some detail to my internal BG ANZAC post.

As of the moment a member will bring up the subject of a prospect becoming a probie (the prospect asks a regular member to join), and the group will vote on it. If the vote passes the prospect will become a probationary member. As of right now we aren't accepting new members but that will probably change in the near term. I want to be sure that everything works out as things are now and iron out anything that doesn't quite perform up to standard organizationally.

The entrance process may be one of those things that change.

Basically we aren't looking to be the next "big dog" in the community. We are just looking to have a stable group that works out and plays together without drama.

As of right now we aren't accepting new members but that will probably change in the near term. I want to be sure that everything works out as things are now and iron out anything that doesn't quite perform up to standard organizationally.

OK, thanks for the update/clarification.

I'll amend the BG ANZAC thread to reflect the "initial stage/no new members - yet" part.

Basically we aren't looking to be the next "big dog" in the community. We are just looking to have a stable group that works out and plays together without drama.

I agree with TH on us not trying to be the "BigDog" in the community nor will our members act as elitist power hungry dictators.

Nor our members will cheat or use exploits in game.

There are good people out there who we would love to play with but at the moment we are still getting things started.

So may i request you'll to please standby, As things are sorted out we will welcome other members.

So, who is the "we" and "the group"? Did they get voted in? Im just sayin it seems like a lot of rules for a bunch of guys to play a game. Probies, prospects, quorum, super majority... Good Grief.

Good luck with that,

Mog

Well I can understand the desire to get the framework right before you open it up.

Otherwise you have a group that you then need to try and retroactively apply rules to.

At least this way prospective members know what they are signing up to.

Edited by Gibsonm

Well I can understand the desire to get the framework right before you open it up.

Otherwise you have a group that you then need to try and retroactively apply rules to.

At least this way prospective member's know what they are signing up to.

Exactly !

The charter was created by me and agreed upon (after a few changes) by the guys that I invited to the group and who showed up for the meet (Profevil, Dark, Ash, Vaq and Kiljoy). The charter pretty much delineates the basic functions within the group so that there are no questions among the membership.

The point of the charter is to keep necessary functions going even if there is an absentee CO. If there are dramas within the group and these need to get sorted out, there is a method to dealing with them without needing the CO to be around. Essentially everything is put to a vote, all major changes need a consensus to varying degrees. The operating idea is that it is hard to get into the VU, but easy to get out of it. If one of the new guys don't work out there is a way to deal with that too. Essentially the only thing that the CO does is organize matches with other groups and hold votes on converting probies into full members.

Perhaps the entire thing is a bad idea, we will find out and invariably changes will probably be needed as we see things actually function. However organizing things such that one guy does it all has had its own problems and I sought to avoid those as much as is possible. For example UKA splintered in large part due to a CO being busy with his family (a very understandable thing) and dramas between members festering until the group itself split as a result of those personality differences. The goal with this is to avoid a similar situation. Hence the prospects, probationary members, the votes, etc. The hope being that if there is expansion in the size of the group that the new members will be thoroughly vetted for being compatible with the group. If they are not, then they won't become full members. In other words I want to have a group of people who want to play with each other a year from now, as opposed to hating each other a year from now. If that means that it is going to be a small group, then it will be a small group.