Challenger 2 Commanders peri

wilso845

• Moderators
Spent my entire(extended) lunch break to research this.

Jane's Armoured vehilces and Jane's optical systems (2014) state that the cdr sight has the option to inject the thermal image of the TOGS II. in addition to that and observation monitor to view(again the TOGS II) thermal image is included in the commanders position...as well as the gunners.

cdr peri is stated to include a SAGEM day sight and a LRF.(Do we have a TC LRF in steelbeasts?)

None of the usual culprits (Thales, BAE, SAGEM, Elbit and so on...) have an CR2 contract in their reference section.

So based on findings of the public and semi public domain, there is a Thermal sigh-"extension", but all input comes from the TOGS II.

So no indipendent TIS for the commander in any reference.

Yes, this is what we saw too, along with the information we gathered from our sources. So, I am scratching my head if it is now said that they have thermals on the peri. :confused:

Maybe it was added very recently? If true, and I am not convinced that it is, then it just means we are not modeling the very latest version (which is fine until the MoD ever purchases SB).

Edited by Volcano
clarification

• Moderators
I wonder with all the talented people with have on this site

If somebody with the knowhow could not mod it for esim.

Well, #1 that isn't even possible, and #2 we do have the information to make the sight it is just that it is the most complex GAS sight ever on any tank, at least in IMO (go figure).

The idea is that if the MoD is interested then one day they will pay for it and the somewhat complicated long range HESH engagement routine, otherwise we have plenty other work to do on other vehicles. Otherwise they both must wait until the day that we have nothing better to do, given that they are both complex and would take valuable development time, with minor benefits in comparison to other work that can be done.

Well, #1 that isn't even possible, and #2 we do have the information to make the sight it is just that it is the most complex GAS sight ever on any tank, at least in IMO (go figure).

The idea is that if the MoD is interested then one day they will pay for it and the somewhat complicated long range HESH engagement routine, otherwise we have plenty other work to do on other vehicles. Otherwise they both must wait until the day that we have nothing better to do, given that they are both complex and would take valuable development time, with minor benefits in comparison to other work that can be done.

My Bad.

Thought it was worth a try. LoL

I remember speaking to a serving British officer on teamspeak.

He was a fan of SB and even considered purchasing it for training purposes

For his regiment. IE buying some licences himself.

If what I have read/ heard is correct the Brits are in the process revitalising the armoured Regiments. and so are the French. the whole Ukraine situation was a wake up call.

My Bad.

Thought it was worth a try. LoL

I remember speaking to a serving British officer on teamspeak.

He was a fan of SB and even considered purchasing it for training purposes

For his regiment. IE buying some licences himself.

If what I have read/ heard is correct the Brits are in the process revitalising the armoured Regiments. and so are the French. the whole Ukraine situation was a wake up call.

Yeah, Charlie B.