Interesting Event...

TankHunter

FWIW, the AAR for the mission was messed up a bit too.

The units were marked with incorrect symbols for the unit type, and were displayed before and after kill as the incorrect type in the 3d world, only being correctly presented at the time of hit.

I also fired at two vehicles which caught fire, yet was credited with 0 out of 11 hits. From the AAR it does seem they had already been hit by fire from another direction, but that normally doesn't prevent subsequent hits registering.

• Administrators

Was TH the host? If he locked up for 20 seconds, its safe to assume that the network clocks could have got out of sync and messed everything up. What TH is posting about is a seperate problem from what you are describing.

GeForce8800 gt super clocked edition. Temperature at the time was 69C

This sounds like your problem. Those pics (artifacts and weird crap) are most likely caused by high temperatures and memory clock issues. The temp may have been higher since the freeze up was most likely a safety feature where the GPU was throttled down to keep itself from melting.

• Administrators

No, that temp is in normal range for the 8800 series. I found the driver version under the nvidia control panel... Display properties-> advanced, and then theres a tab or button to launch the nvidia panel. YMMV depending on who made the card.....

I have an EVGA 8800 GT and it often runs @ 70c, it should be safe up to 80c (as per the manufactures notes). I ran in to heat issues with it when I first got it but I replaced the stock fan with a zelman vf1000 heat sink and fan, now it runs real nice, maxing out @ 70 on a full load. GPU's have a higher heat tolerance than CPU's, I would be more worried if your cpu was running @ 69c, Try updating the drivers and if it happens again return it for a new one or replace the heat sink with one with bigger balls. Some times the thermal pad/paste seal can be broken if its not installed correctly leading to heat problems even with a small load.

How would I check to see if the CPU is running hot? Anyway, this is the first time I had anything like this happen to me with any game besides ArmA. But with ArmA that was solved with a new version of the program for the most part. I had some weird shit a week ago in that, but it went away with a restart of the computer. After that things went dandy.

Of course the heat-faulting component could also be something like a memory module of controller.

I can only use 2 of the 3 memory slots since the failure of an old Ti4200 card which lost it's fan altogether. The memory module, and the slot it was mounted it that was nearest the graphics card both were rendered U/S

How would I check to see if the CPU is running hot? Anyway, this is the first time I had anything like this happen to me with any game besides ArmA. But with ArmA that was solved with a new version of the program for the most part. I had some weird shit a week ago in that, but it went away with a restart of the computer. After that things went dandy.

Nvidia drivers have tools with them for this, if not look for "NVIDIA Monitor" it displays the temp of the gpu in a nice graph