T-64

Captain_Colossus

That's weird.

I paint to the skin directly. I don't use the stock decals, since they don't permit me to add the details I would like. I include a blank decal file which just prevents Steel Beasts from drawing the decals. That would likely be the culprit. If it works with the T-64A, it should work with the T-64B at the same time.

Maybe the blank file I included with the T-64B got messed up, just go with the decal file I included with the T-64A and it ought to work with both. If not, I'll just post it here in this thread.

Hmm. Apologies then. It does sound like the decal file, assuming that everything is installed in the same mod folder (both T-64 skins and the sovietdecal file in the woodland mod folder, for example). I just can't figure out what's changed.

When I get home this evening, I'll have a look at it.

I wonder if it may be possible to do the same thing if you copy and paste any thermal skin file and rename it 'sovietdecal', since it shouldn't have alpha channel with the decal in it.

• 5 weeks later...

Okay Captain, I did a fresh install of SB3.025, installed your T64A and T64B .dds files in my woodland mods folder, renamed original sovietdecals and replaced with your sovietdecals, and still exhibiting the same issue as before. T64B is glorious. T64A is also beautiful but has black boxes with decal mod, and gray boxes with non-decal mod. Would you happen to have an alternate T64A .dds file I can try out?

I am sorry this has been troublesome. I am quite perplexed by what's happening here. Both T-64 skins are in the same mod folder with the sovietdecals, but the T-64A has these boxes and the T-64B doesn't, correct? That's very strange for me to contemplate and get my head around.

There are two ways that these boxes would appear- if I painted them to the skin directly , or the decals have them. The first option is impossible, I never painted boxes directly to the skins.

The second option is possible if the decals file got corrupted, but that is confusing because it sounds like you're saying that it works ok with the T-64B but not the T-64A, if I read you correctly. They both use the same file. The file I included is blank- it should not affect each differently like that.

Per your request- the T-64A skin without tactical insignia.

T64A-75_zip.33b0b5daee82b07b242ee11628f4

T64A-75.zip

Success at last! Instead of replacing the original sovietdecals.dds with the altered sovietdecals file in the woodland directory, I left the original one alone and in addition I placed the altered sovietdecals.dds in the woodland/ru directory. Nothing wrong with your files, Captain, just me not installing the decals in the correct directory. It was just hard to wrap my head around it since the B-model skin was working correctly from the start. Thanks for resending the blank skin Captain, and thanks for chiming in Gibson.

Thanks again for these excellent T64 skins Captain! Five-star rating on the way...