"Battle of the Plains" expression of interesst.

Grenny

I'd like to fight in:  

30 members have voted

1. 1. I'd like to fight in:

• CT USA
    • CT SPAIN
    • CT United Kingdom
    • CT SWEDEN
    • CT AUSTRIA/GERMANY
    • CT NETHERLAND
    • CT CANDA
    • CT AUSTRALIA

Greetings Gentlemen.

I working on a BN size Scenario and I'd like to invite you to join the battle :-)

I plan to run that one some time after the next LNoT. Date for the "Battle of the Plains" would be 07nov15 or 14nov15.

Blue forces are a battle groups, with 4 company size combat teams.

(Plus combat support, CSS bells and whistles)

I want to gather what general interest would be there for the mission and also what type of combat team you would like to play in.

I have 8 options prepared (please check the attached scenario for force setups(line units only) and and the map of the scenario)

The 4 options with the most votes will be deployed in the scenario.

I hope people will not get grumpy if their choise does not make it, and are willing to join a a CT that get enought votes. I'll will make a consolidated-staffing list thread later.

So, again, check out the attached files and make your choice.

There is a compressed Sce file that contains the battle field and the Blue-force options.

Also there is a compressed *pdf with informations about our OPFOR.

Choises are:

USA: 2x4x M2A2(2xJavelin teams), 4xM1A4, 2xM2A2 Cmd Group

Spain: 2x4 Pizarro(2xSPIKE teams), 4x Leo2E, 2x Pizarro Cmd Group

UK: 2x4Warrior, 2x3 CR2, 2xWarrior+Javelin team, 2x Warrior Cmd Group

Sweden: 2x3 CV9040C, 2x3 Strv 122, 2xCV9040C Cmd Group

AT/GE: 2x4 ULAN( 2x Bill-1 team), 4x Leo2A5, 2x Ulan Cmd Group

NL: 2x4 CV9035NL (2x Spike team), 4x Leo2A5, 2x CV9035NL Cmd Group

CA: 2x4 NZLAV(LAV III lookalike) , 4x Leo2E, 2x NZLAV Cmd Group

AU: 2x6 ASLAV(8x ASLAV25, 4x ASLAVPC, 4x Javelin team), 4 M1A2 sans Comanders TIS, 1x ASLAV25/1xPC Cmd Group

The "bling" is still in the works. I planning on a ribbon, and extra ribbons for CT and BG commanders.

I also intent to establish a type of "battle honours" principle. As for this one, any VU that fields at least 4 players would be entiteled to the "Battle of the Plains" honour.

* edit, apologies for mistyping, esp. country names in the Poll :-(

56e83d2025639_BattleoftheplainsOPFOR_zip

56e83d202cabe_BattleofthePlains_MAP_BLUE

Battle of the plains OPFOR.zip

Battle of the Plains_MAP_BLUEFOR.zip

Edited by Grenny

I'm keen pending GOC Home Command's approval on date and time. I voted CT Australia naturally, as I'd expect any self-respecting member of BG ANZAC to do (assumes role of Chief Whip).

@Gibsonm, it'd be great if we could stand up a national contingent for this one, assuming Aussie gets through.

I'm keen pending GOC Home Command's approval on date and time. I voted CT Australia naturally, as I'd expect any self-respecting member of BG ANZAC to do (assumes role of Chief Whip).

@Gibsonm, it'd be great if we could stand up a national contingent for this one, assuming Aussie gets through.

Agreed,

I'm just not sure why we have a Cav / Tk mix while the others appear (I haven't loaded the files yet) to have Mech Inf / Tk.

Even by doubling the Javelin allocation the "infantry" can't hope to take a position (since the 8 guys in each troop are now humping 4 x Javelin CRUs).

No doubt looking at the files this weekend will shed some light. ;)

Agreed,

I'm just not sure why we have a Cav / Tk mix while the others appear (I haven't loaded the files yet) to have Mech Inf / Tk.

Even by doubling the Javelin allocation the "infantry" can't hope to take a position (since the 8 guys in each troop are now humping 4 x Javelin CRUs).

No doubt looking at the files this weekend will shed some light. ;)

The thinking behind that, given the Terrain and the enemy, the combat value of the MechInf platoons in their M113AS4 would be very limited as they are lacking some standoff.(In my p.o.v most of the fighting would be mounted)

The 25mm Bushmaster on the ASLAV delivers that.

The thinking behind that, given the Terrain and the enemy, the combat value of the MechInf platoons in their M113AS4 would be very limited as they are lacking some standoff.(In my p.o.v most of the fighting would be mounted)

The 25mm Bushmaster on the ASLAV delivers that.

Stand off, isn't that what the Tanks are for?

Saying that however, the squishy things in the back of M113AS4 would be invaluable in a hasty defence and offer more options tactically than a uber mobile 25mm.

Just my thoughts.

:)

Grenny,

Sorry I still can't make an informed choice until I know what the CT is meant to do?

Of course I could just go with the Nationalistic choice but that might be totally unsuited for the task you have in mind.

Also if these are meant to be realistic:

1. Damage the Commander's Sight on the AS tanks. We do not have CITV.

2. Cut the Australian Infantry in half. One ASLAV PC carries four people in a Recon Tp. You have given them a Javelin team so delete the rifle teams. In reality the guys have a Javelin in the vehicle and take it if required, so in SB terms it can alternate between a rifle team or a ATGM team, but not both.

So 4 dismounts per ASLAV PC, 8 dismounts per ASLAV Tp.

Grenny,

Sorry I still can't make an informed choice until I know what the CT is meant to do?

Of course I could just go with the Nationalistic choice but that might be totally unsuited for the task you have in mind.

Also if these are meant to be realistic:

1. Damage the Commander's Sight on the AS tanks. We do not have CITV.

2. Cut the Australian Infantry in half. One ASLAV PC carries four people in a Recon Tp. You have given them a Javelin team so delete the rifle teams. In reality the guys have a Javelin in the vehicle and take it if required, so in SB terms it can alternate between a rifle team or a ATGM team, but not both.

So 4 dismounts per ASLAV PC, 8 dismounts per ASLAV Tp.

No need to rush it...poll open for 2 more weeks ;-)

I'll hurry to push the situation/mission for the BG a.s.a.p. so you can better judge what the mission involves.

If the down-under-faction still believes that the M113 and it's enhanced dismount capability is better suited for the mission, have it your way.

All good, look forward to the detail, who knows CR2 maybe the way to go. ;)

Also I maybe able to help in terms of what to trim from the OPFOR to thin it out (for performance) but maintain the punch.

Again what is expendable depends on its mission (although from the nice red arrow I guess they are on the offensive)? :)

• 4 weeks later...

Ok, 30 Votes.

USA, AUT/GE and UK are set. Sweden and Spain are at the same level.

So lets see.

Spain:

+less frequent use in the MP games, lets try something new

+we get to use Spike ATGM

+More powerfull gun in the Leo2E

+Pizarro has ERA

-the Pizarro has this evil case-bag that you need to empty from time to time

-maybe less people have experience in driving the Pizzaro

Sweden:

+Good IFV with 40mm gun

+Strv 122 is also not used to often in MP games

+powerful RBS 56 AT teams

-low ammo loadout for the IFV

-less powerful sabot round in Strv 122 (ok, we could just use DM-53 or something)

-no ATGM , or maybe the Bill-1

Don't know. For me the Spanish are favourit for that mission.

Help :-D