New Guy Saying Hello

Barkhorn1x

Hello everyone. I took the plunge and just ordered yesterday.

I played the original Steel Beasts so I am not a total noob and I've been simming for close to 20 years now.

I've already d/l'd a bunch of skins and read thru the FNG thread and collected those links.

Just wanted to say hello and I'll be asking a bunch of questions when they arise so stay tuned. :bigsmile:

Hello everyone. I took the plunge and just ordered yesterday.

I played the original Steel Beasts so I am not a total noob and I've been simming for close to 20 years now.

I've already d/l'd a bunch of skins and read thru the FNG thread and collected those links.

Just wanted to say hello and I'll be asking a bunch of questions when they arise so stay tuned. :bigsmile:

Welcome,:luxhello: questions from new guys are normal, don't be shy to ask, we all did at some time.

Thanks for the hearty welcome from such an august group of vets.

And I do have some questions as I went the whole hog; DVD, printed manual, basic license - and the $40 upgrade.

So what does one get for $40? (I had no idea but I knew I wanted it :luxhello:)

Does the shipped disc contain the latest version?

Or will I need to patch?

Welcome!

If you have no previous version of Pro PE, the options are the $115 new permanent license, or any of the timed licenses. One year is $39.50.

Hmm...I did buy the $40 "Upgrade License" on top of the $115 base license. I guess I can just wait to use it then?

• Administrators
Hmm...I did buy the $40 "Upgrade License" on top of the $115 base license. I guess I can just wait to use it then?

It's not needed - its intended for people that purchased older versions of pro pe in the past and want to upgrade to the latest. I'll see about crediting the $40 back to you.

OK. NP. Thanks for the info.

In my experience you don't really need it either

In SB you tend to be doing one specific task at a time

Where as in DCS you need to keep the plane in the air as well as juggle target acquisition and aiming of weapons and situational awareness, all at the same time.

In SB you can delegate "moving around" to the AI/Autopilot with out risk of crashing into the ground. (Just into trees and rivers.)

Er, shouldn't need to purchase the upgrade license when you buy the base license. You only need to pick up the upgrade license when a 'major' patch comes out. The base license for $115 gives you access to the latest version of the sim. For instance, say you pick up SB Pro PE version 3.xxx. Then there is a minor patch for 3.xxy that is free, just download and follow the install instructions. Later comes a major patch for version 3.yyk that you are informed costs $40. You then have the option to not pay and keep the old license, or upgrade by paying the $40.

Anyway, I would like to welcome you to our community and say hello in return.

Er, shouldn't need to purchase the upgrade license when you buy the base license.

Indeed, which is why Sean said:

It's not needed - its intended for people that purchased older versions of pro pe in the past and want to upgrade to the latest. I'll see about crediting the $40 back to you.