Brave Rifles

mpow66m

Zipuli and I spoke about this quite some time ago and it will take a lot of work.

The new Infantry/APC model means he'd need to re-script most of the dismounted parts because Infantry passengers no longer automatically move with their APCs in the assault.

One the plus side the Infantry would look better. :)

If you play the missions in sequence you effectively have an Operation already, just with one predetermined path.

Its probably arguable that the mission is too big for a single player Operation anyway and if you are going to say the human plays unit X and everything else on Blue is scripted then you have a whole bunch of extra work to do.

Then you also need to think about the Crazyhorse part that was run independently of most of what you see in the video series.

I think a Operations pack or contest would be good for the SB community.If its gonna be awhile until the next upgrade,why not release an Operations pack?I just got .25 and a comp that will run it but i dont see anything about Operations in the Docs folder,ill have to look again.One thing in Ops if you start out say w/ x tanks and x are destroyed will the surviving tanks carry over or do you do this manually?Or any vehicle for that matter?

• Members

I think we just have to be realistic here. The Operations feature isn't yet completed. It could only be said to be complete if it supported multiplayer (which it currently doesn't; solving this means to identify a million dependencies which simply costs time, and we ran out of it as the release date of 3.0 kept coming closer).

Arguably, some visual representation of the mission tree and the conditions leading from one scenario to the next would also be great (but can't be done with the current GUI code, so we'll have to work on that first).

At this point, the ideal size for a single player Operation would encompass one or two platoons under the player's control, maybe some special vehicle assets in addition, depending on circumstances (bridgelayer, artillery observer, recovery vehicle, ...).

• 2 weeks later...