Scenario suggestions

Kingtiger

So, I am now having 5 weeks of vacation and nothing to do really besides Åben hede, so I decided to make a SB scenario.

However I roam around the maps, pick something up and "yeah" and a few minutes later "nah", I'm pretty dead on ideas for scenarios or maps to use.

So I thought I would collect some wishes/ideas from you good folks, what kind of scenario do you want seen?

Platoon - Coy? Attack,defend- delay-something else? Map? Desert-Europe or sumething?

Just hit me with suggestions untill I get the spark :)

/KT

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Make a sce. Where danish unit liberate Scania from Swedish oppression ;-)

Been pondering that for a long time but I can't seem to find enough intel regarding danish forces to actually do something plausible. (Been thinking of Danish scenarios overall, despite having many Danish vehicles in SB we hardly have any DK scenarios odly enough).

Swordsmandk: No clue, mostly western equipment could be both cold war and contemporary.

/KT

An SB version of "We Were Soldiers". No T-xx crap in that one. ;)

There is no tanks or APCs in that one, just a bunch of "stupid" infantry and a few hueys....?

Not sure it will be a good SB scenario? (feels more like something I would do in CM?).

/KT

Danish campaign. Landjut (danish/ger) defense of north Germany. You can use the improved 1a5dk.

From initial engagement to a week.

Defence. Counterattack. Recon.

I love everything from company and upwards like some of the old complex single/multiple map with Boodenstel and so on.

Maybe not a campaign (thats a huge undertaking) but danish scenarios would be interesting. You dont happen to sit on allot of nice info how Danish Brigades-Battalion-Coys-Platoons are set up?

Googling in english gives no good answers and my danish is not enough to sort out what I find googling in "danish".

/KT

Me and a guy I normally play with have tons of stuff. He was in artillery in those days and even remember locations they went to train on down there.

We are doing a number of missions ourselves with that but my editing skills is not to good.

Edit: And where is my m/92 wildcat (m113 with turret )

LAV-25 I can dig... Recce... screening?... flanking? Getting stuck in a swamp?

Desert, woodland? background? Ideas...?

Oh oh oh!

I know!

How about a mission based on the role of the SpahPanzer Luchs?

A lot of penetration on that one.

Which I know you love ;)

Long Range recon into Eastern Germany/Poland

Recce, screening or maybe even something more COIN centric.

Desert or woodland. Hell theres just so many possible ideas.

For the COIN idea it could be a route clearance mission. I have been thinking about making one for a while but just haven't been arsed to do it. Perhaps have an MRAP or other relatively light vehicle which would be used to simulate a radio jammer vehicle (if the MRAP/HMMWV is within a certain distance of an IED the IED would fail to pass the logic checks to detonate).

Recon could be something where you are doing recce for say a USMC force against a modern/semi-modern Eastern opponent with the goal of finding a weak point in the enemy defense for a larger force to attack later. That would probably be something akin to one of the exercises in the Maneuver Warfare Handbook.

Screening could be something where you are to identify the main thrust of a RusFed BTG on the attack and try to delay it somewhat while a reserve force sets up behind you. The last two would definitely be woodland terrain.

God damn it, I'm giving myself too many ideas! :bigsmile:

How about a Reserve Demolition?

Demolition Guard has to protect the Engineer party for X period while they do their work.

Meanwhile Blue stragglers are coming through (need to keep the bridge "up" for as long as possible).

Red recon / Forward Detachment (ground and or air) tries to seize the crossing before its blown ...

Read about Remagen Bridge to get a better idea. ;)

How about a Reserve Demolition?

Demolition Guard has to protect the Engineer party for X period while they do their work.

Meanwhile Blue stragglers are coming through (need to keep the bridge "up" for as long as possible).

Red recon / Forward Detachment (ground and or air) tries to seize the crossing before its blown ...

Read about Remagen Bridge to get a better idea. ;)

Inspiration:

kspwZdqqCjg

Oh and Can I request lots of immersion, such as OPFOR moving onto the map and advancing on the bridge.

Civvies, lost units etc etc etc.

:)

Oh and Can I request lots of immersion, such as OPFOR moving onto the map and advancing on the bridge.

Civvies, lost units etc etc etc.

Did you not read ....