Scenario suggestions

Kingtiger

Ok, jocking aside.

Generaly a few engineer centric scenarios might be nice.

-the sce mentioned above

-crossing of a mechanized unit over a river...with staging areas, security, crossing site commander etc etc. Then a subsequent attack of that unit IOT to expand the bridgehead once crossing is complete.

-assault breaches

-use of minesfields in defence

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow... that film is awesome :)

I even know which map to use....

Buut, It will have to be CR2s and Warriors instead of Cheiftans and whatever that APC was (not the 432, the other one with weird turret).

Thanks Gibsonm and Hedge!

That's a 432 with a peak engineering turret

cold-war-9-harvey-black-063.jpg

Wow... that film is awesome :)

I even know which map to use....

You do get the sense the Glorious Soviet Liberators are just over the horizon, don't you?

That's what I love about these old school training films, they don't pull any punches.

If this shit gets real, it'll hurt, bad.

Buut, It will have to be CR2s and Warriors instead of Cheiftans and whatever that APC was (not the 432, the other one with weird turret).

Thanks Gibsonm and Hedge!

We can always swap them in if/when they become available.

For the FV432:

I'd use either the M113DK G4 (with the M240) or the M113A2 with the MG3.

Although it would be nice to have an FV432 the M113 fills the same role.

Here's another one:

hrubDDcygb4

Funny looking PT-76s and T-72s though.

O-o

Oh yes, Already working on the demolition guard scenario.

its quite big, 3 Inf Platoon + 1 tk platoon plus other supports. But I think it can be playable as single player still as the battle follows one axle and only 1-2 units are in action at the same time.

But I also think of doing a COOP out of this first before releasing it as SP.

/KT

Soviets = *Cough* OPFOR *Cough*

Give us a some notice so we can build a plan, train, etc.

:)

No such luck, OPFOR will be scripted.

I) to make the scenarios easy for COOP and SP, not making two different scenarios.

II) the map ends in the east, so there is no ground for OPFOR to start in if it were human controlled. Kind of removing the mood that all units are spawning in same location with X mins interval ;)

III) /KT

Something you guys can help me with is units. I don't have much interest in Cold war so I am pretty useless on finding units etc.

So any help with finding what British unit (down in battalion level) that were in Celle Area in 1989 would be great. Something that helps give a unit name for Mech Inf battalion and tank Sqn with some attachments of engineers.

/KT

Squad leader checks of passing callsigns and reporting them as Soviet artillery pounds Eschede in the background.

Well in theory you should have an LO from the withdrawing unit there to say he has 11 vehicles (so when number 12 arrives they shoot at it).

The squad leader will have no idea as to how many vehicles should or should not be in the packet. :)

Well in theory you should have an LO from the withdrawing unit there to say he has 11 vehicles (so when number 12 arrives they shoot at it).

The squad leader will have no idea as to how many vehicles should or should not be in the packet. :)

Maybe you can simulate the LO by an event text saying: There are 9 vehicles comming...shoot at number 10 ;-)

Pretty much what I am doing already :)

But to make stuff easy in the OPORD it says the LO have a soldier out counting the units passing and an event with text message who says when the different platoons passes and when the entire Coys have passed.

Maybe you can simulate the LO by an event text saying: There are 9 vehicles comming...shoot at number 10 ;-)

Maybe a region, including the Squad Leader or representative of the Guard force, with the withdrawing LO vehicle routed to go into the region.

If the LO goes into the region you get a text saying X friendly units approaching.

If the LO doesn't (destroyed en route of something) you get a text saying "unknown" units approaching (triggered when units enter a region based on the road if the LO isn't in the region near the squad leader) and Blue makes a judgement call.

LO has an "embark if" statement so he doesn't leave the Squad Leader until the designated last unit arrives in the "region based on the road" above.

Then a Trigger (or an event) based on the bridge becoming "unsafe" puts everyone on the far bank on withdraw routes to get back to the near bank before its blown.

If the enemy penetrates before the friendly units on the far bank get back then a Trigger (Guard Commander's responsibility) to drop the bridge with friendly units still on the far bank, or civilians / friendlies still on the bridge, etc.

Well to keep it a bit simpler (there are already to many frictions in the scenario that can f*ck things up) I have it like this: (When it comes to LO / ID check of friendlies)

A Liaison Officer from A COY (wich is the unit who will fall back across bridge) are mounted in the OC's vehicle (simulated) and a soldier (not existing in SB world) are checking of units and reporting to LO who tells the OC via text message that certain units have passed (and this is happening through a marked area on western side of the bridge so when a unit enter the "Checkpoint" area it triggers the text message).

There will also be other not on the list units who shows up and will be checked off via text "German units identifying them self as members of XX Kompanie have now crossed the bridge".

The demolition part will be conducted by a RE detachment who needs to be on the bridge (or within 100m area from it) during 15min before the bridge can be detonated by trigger when the times comes for that.

/KT

I very much look forward to this as I enjoyed your previous mission (can't remember the name) which called for Blue forces to delay an OPFOR advanced while the engineers laid a minefield in front of a bridge. My only question on that mission is why do the engineers lay one minefield on one side of the approach road, allowing the eny to bypass it without going cross country?

I'm not familiar with the scenario but often the idea is the leave a "lane" for friendly troops to fall back through (or at some point advance through).

Then once the obstacle is finished to close the lane with a fascam mission or similar to fill the gaps with rapidly delivered mines.

Or you leave the lane open and set up a surprise for the enemy if they decide to exploit it (i.e. have the lane form the basis for an engagement area, etc.).

I very much look forward to this as I enjoyed your previous mission (can't remember the name) which called for Blue forces to delay an OPFOR advanced while the engineers laid a minefield in front of a bridge. My only question on that mission is why do the engineers lay one minefield on one side of the approach road, allowing the eny to bypass it without going cross country?

I don't even remember doing that scenario. Butty then I have been making scenarios since 2002 to and from so hard to remember them all.