Scenario suggestions

Kingtiger

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It will be singleplayer/Coop. HtH we are talking about right now is just to get the scenario playable tomorrow as I haven't scripted soviet forces yet.

The Youtube prelude is not something I have done or will do, its a British army instruction movie from the 80s who was the inspiration for this scenario. :)

/KT

SP: great !

Instruction movie: excellent idea as well, like you wrote, to set the mood right.

Grtz

Impossible.... I haven't even touched Blue side since we played the scenario (except adding a Bty of arty).

I will dig into it...

*Edit*

I have tested and it works for me. Check your message at 15.00 time, it should be there.

I think I need to repeat that message a few more times, seems people loose it in the text flow.

/KT

Well not what I can see. As long as the vehicles stays within the grey "bridge area" zone it works.

I tried only having infantry in the zone but that didnt work. but just 1 ENG vehicle is enough to trigger it. So why it wasn't working I dont know.

/KT

Well not what I can see. As long as the vehicles stays within the grey "bridge area" zone it works.

I tried only having infantry in the zone but that didnt work. but just 1 ENG vehicle is enough to trigger it. So why it wasn't working I dont know.

/KT

So does an Engineer track have to stay inside the region or do dismounted Engineers count too?

Something else we can check on Thursday night, perhaps.

Dismounted engineers are not counted. (I tried only having dismounts in the area and it didnt work).

So Minimum force you need in the area are 1 E10 ENG vehicle, with or without dismounts (makes no difference in my testing).

I can't for the life of me understand how Duke can fail twice on same scenario I have and from the AAR it looks like the units are in the area. I am clueless.

We will see thursday how it goes, I have taken the precaution of adding to new messages that the bridge is ready to blow with 2 sec delay so you have in total 3 messages in a row saying its ready to blow so it is not missed amongst the contact reports.

/KT

We will see thursday how it goes, I have taken the precaution of adding to new messages that the bridge is ready to blow with 2 sec delay so you have in total 3 messages in a row saying its ready to blow so it is not missed amongst the contact reports.

/KT

Maybe if the Engr units withdrew once the bridge is "unsafe"?

That would give you the messages and a visual cue?

Then I had to script them as ai unit? I don't like that plan, you have seen how it looks around the bridge, the last thing I need is another ai unit doing what it feels like.

/KT

Well you could set them up to be under computer control if they entered the region (I'm assuming the player can see the region).

Then they stay long enough to satisfy the event.

Then the message.

Then they move

Then they revert to human/player control

?

The plan shows up as invalid on my end. think it has to do with that I have updated (and therefore changed) the scenario already.

But I do find it weird that a plan file should interrupt with a simple logic like this.

I will have to do some testing myself with plans and see if they break something.

/KT

Servus,

I tested it with our Server and my machine.

Same result, If I use my plan it`s not working.

If I don`t use a plan it`s working.

Maybe it has something to do, that we use prepared battle position.

I will test this today.

cheers

D u k e

Servus,

last test of today.

I made a new plan without moving the battle positions and saved the plan.

I closed steelbeasts, started again, load the mission and the plan file.

There was no message to blow up the bridge.:confused:

cheers

D u k e