Server Link Problem

Tango29

Hi, Everyone,

I joined Teamspeak last Friday night in good time for the game, got my SB Beta up and running, punched in the IP when it was posted, and got to the Assembly Area with no problem. Then came the dialogue box: "Can't find the scenario. Do you want to download from the server?" As I have done many times before, I hit "Yes." Then the fun began.

The download counter got as far as 10%, then stopped. I waited for a while: no continuation with the download. I exited the AA, rejoined, and tried again. Same thing happened. Subsequently I tried rejoins with and without the port (2300) entered, with my Antivirus turned on and off, all with no download at all. The host (Sean: thanks again for your help that night!) sent me the scenario via email, but I didn't handle that well (inexperience showing here). All to say that it was holding up the game, so I finally gave it up, backed out and let the players carry on.

So now I'd like to know if anyone else has had this happen, and what their fix was. I'm on a new, and much better, gaming system, and there have been a few tweaks required for it, but I have been able to access SB for a Friday night game on it (with the Norton Antivirus running) prior to last Friday's problem. I've got about 5.5 days left to the next Friday session, and I'd like to get this resolved by then. Any guidance will be most gratefully received!

Edited by Tango29

As an immediate expedient, you could open the path to the downloaded scenario files and then just drop the manually transfered file straight in there.

Are you running in windowed mode? I ask because you may have a

'this program is trying to download a file, this may be harmful to your computer, only download the file if you trust the source... (yada, yada, yada)' message being popped up by Windoze security.

In my experience this only pops up when the file *is* requested by a legitimate source. Unwanted files usually bypass this type of 'protection'.

It might be useful to get on line during the week to test both hosting and joining hosted games.

Hi, GH,

Yes, I am in Windows mode, and have been as a standard setup. I received no warning message at all last week: the "per cent counter" for want of a better term, just stopped at about 10% and disappeared off the screen. And I waited and waited, all to no avail.

The first time I used my new system, I DID get a note from Norton to the effect that it thought that something was not right, but I got into the Norton system and allowed the server download to pass. After that, no worries until last Friday.

I'll try to join a hosted game over the next few days and see if the system works, as you suggest. Thanks for your response.

Hello, All,

Same problem last night, but we got around it quickly by having the scenario emailed to me: saved into my SB folders, then quickly accessed and called up.

I'm running Norton Antivirus. This AM, I went into the progrem, got to "Settings - Auto Protect - Exclusions." I've now excluded "*.sce" files from being scanned/assessed by NAV, so I am hoping that this might be the Golden Bullet I've been looking for. Any thoughts from anyone on this approach will be welcome.