Welcome, new player! Find your first hints & tips here

Ssnake

• Members

Congratulations on buying Steel Beasts - thank you for your business - and welcome to the community!

The community went at length to set up this dedicated Wiki page for newcomers:

http://www.steelbeasts.com/sbwiki/index.php?title=Starter_Pack

Also, keep in mind the Wiki itself is a great reference tool to supplement the User Manual:

http://www.steelbeasts.com/sbwiki/index.php?title=Main_Page

After that, have a look around here and feel free to introduce yourself to the group.

Welcome! :)

(Also, considerate suggestions how to improve that wiki page (or this announcement) are always welcome in this forum.

• Homer featured and unfeatured this topic
  • 2 months later...
  • Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

21 minutes ago, MudslideSlim said:

Hello,

I haven't made the purchase yet. Not sure if this is what I am looking for. I was a beta tester for wot and aw, tired of the arcade style and looking for more of a battle sim.

thx,

Muddy

Best way to find out, is to try s short time bases licence (1 or 3 month) and test the game yourself.

We'll be happy to help if you got questions.

4 hours ago, MudslideSlim said:

Hello,

I haven't made the purchase yet. Not sure if this is what I am looking for. I was a beta tester for wot and aw, tired of the arcade style and looking for more of a battle sim.

thx,

Muddy

In addition to the short time-limited license option, there are hundreds of YouTube videos of Steel beasts gameplay.  You could try that to get a better feel for what the sim offers.

• Members
5 hours ago, MudslideSlim said:

Can't comment on either, but here at eSim Games we're trying to make up shit as little as possible. That's the standard disclaimer for many game companies that are promoting their games.

Well. We're not promoting Steel Beasts as a game. It's a training application. But you can still have fun with it.

On 6/30/2017 at 2:55 PM, Nike-Ajax said:

Seriously and without sounding like a slightly demented actor:

Just do it.

Nothing to regret

Is that the Nike part of you talking? :D

Edited by Zaphod
my fingers don't dance like Fred Astaire on the keyboard

7 minutes ago, Nike-Ajax said:

You mean the gentle and politically correct part ... ? 

No , the commercial name to running shoes...
I am sure the Ajax part is due to cleaning up after all the correcting :D

• 2 months later...

Hello everyone!  Found Steel Beasts on youtube of all places.  Watched videos and I'm hooked.  Just signed up for the 1yr subscription.  Will upgrade to the thumbdrive later.

I can't tell you how informative your fan site is.  Every question I've had is answered using the search engine. Thanks!

Will test the waters this weekend using keyboard and mouse.  Might upgrade later to the Thrustmaster 1600M & HOTAS per some recomendations based on my financial status.

Looking forward to graduatiing and joining you online eventually.

myStickyrack.jpg.554b6e2023fb82211778d363be604880.jpg

10 hours ago, strtrekbuf said:

Hello everyone!  Found Steel Beasts on youtube of all places.  Watched videos and I'm hooked.  Just signed up for the 1yr subscription.  Will upgrade to the thumbdrive later.

I can't tell you how informative your fan site is.  Every question I've had is answered using the search engine. Thanks!

Will test the waters this weekend using keyboard and mouse.  Might upgrade later to the Thrustmaster 1600M & HOTAS per some recomendations based on my financial status.

Looking forward to graduatiing and joining you online eventually.

myStickyrack.jpg.554b6e2023fb82211778d363be604880.jpg

Greetings, and welcome to the lair of tank-nuts.

Depending on the time zone you're in, I'd recommend joining a VU(virtual units). We have some competent people that can help you to get up to speed with steelbeasts and it works best with an online game sasseion and Q/A via Teamspeak.

You'll find links here:

http://www.steelbeasts.com/online_play.html/

Of course I'd recommend joining here, if sunday 18:00 GMT/UTC is doable for you ;-)

http://www.kanium.eu/

On ‎09‎-‎09‎-‎2017 at 2:43 AM, Ssnake said:

Using a joystick is a matter of taste, not necessity. :)

Indeed

and buying the most expensive one isn't necessarily necessary - I have no problem with my Logitech Extreme 3D Pro which isn't high end.

better to use time in mp sessions and Tank range

I can recommend Gibson sessions (BGANZAC), TGIF, Kanium Sundays and the ADHOC games.

you get what you bring: as in that all are nice to you if you treat them nicely

and maybe join an VU when and if you think its good for you

Edited by Nike-Ajax

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

Hi, 

I'm new to the game, and still a lot to learn. I've almost completed the tutorials for the Leopard 2A4, but one thing I can't do is putting my head outside the hatch and using the bino's. I've unbuttoned and pressed N but nothing happens. I even point to the sky from the commanders position and press N and it just goes half way out.

Am I missing something or is it just because I'm a total noob:/

Hi, I've just got this sim on the lifetime licence, although the CodeMeter stick has yet to arrive, I am using the included 30 day at the moment. I'm in to the hardcore sim genre of combat vehicles and systems so this is right up my street!. I'm starting to learn the gunnery tutorials and have a long way to go yet before I'm competent enough to participate online, although I do aim to do that eventually! I'm looking forward to maybe fighting alongside some of you on a virtual battlefield in the future. 

Aloha Y’all, I’ve just downloaded the game and also the online for my license. It has been successfully installed in my laptop computer to include my TeamSpeak Client. All of these is up and runbing.

Now do I put the “Camp Hornfelt” folder in my eSim Games folder?..

Edited by Opihi1