blazer05

Contoller question

Good luck with the conversion to USB. Perhaps you could share the experience so that others could do the same if they came across similar 'military surplus' kit?

AFAIK the control handle delivers -5V ... +5V signals whereas USB/Game controller port works in the 0...+5V range.

I'm looking to "simply" remove all the original electronics and replace it with new one

I also have an Commander handle so for now it's at my office

Well, I just know that the Danish Army, back in the days, did with a simple signal converter, leaving the handles fully intact. So, maybe the creation of a signal converter has two advantages,

1) being faster and cheaper to accomplish

2) leaving the gear intact for a possibly higher resale value

Remember, the thing that you have in your possession cost the taxpayer nearly 20,000 bucks back in the day.

Well...it's quite easier than it appears!!! Actually...I have already done it for a controller such as this! Should you require any assistance, please feel free to pm me!

I got this few month ago after the end of Belgian Leopard

I have to turn it to USB

pTHCk.jpg

aIsFw.jpg

FdvBt.jpg

LyWlK.jpg

We've converted a few of those Leopard 1 gunners control handles to USB and have recently started to develop our own desktop gunnery training version.

https://www.facebook.com/afvsim/

Oh, i'm green with envy...

+1 (I keep dropping suggestions that I'd be available for safekeeping for one of ours, but no dice - seems they count all as 'war material')

Why would I possibly want an A10 ground attack jet pilot's stick to control my tanks?

cause it's build in the original tank (Leo2A5) - the attachment...

;-)

warthog.jpg.fb4d022e8886439471389c17dae5

warthog.jpg.fb4d022e8886439471389c17dae5

Well,

The TC's control stick that you see in that screenshot is fixed. It only has a thumbswitch to control the turret. So now "stick-moving" :-P

I have also asked on another thread but now found this one - how do you actually map any joystick axis ? Buttons I can do but not the axis?

Thanks for any pointers.

I have also asked on another thread but now found this one - how do you actually map any joystick axis ? Buttons I can do but not the axis?

Thanks for any pointers.

Xpadder has made the Saitek Farming Simulator Vehicle Side Panel work in SB and other games I play. Without Xpadder all of the games I play are blind to it, even though it is shown in the Window's game controller panel.

Alt+J (I think, maybe it's Shift+J or Ctrl+J) inverts the Y axis. That's it. Some of the reasoning behind it is explained in the other thread.