TeamSpeak moderators needed

Ssnake

...no longer moderate ... degenerating more and more ... constant strife ...until we can find volunteers to maintain a reliable presence ...shut it down. ... no other choice. It was fun while it lasted.

Sounds very serious. What, may I ask, was the abuse? Who was the abuser? Abusers? If evidence is undeniable, then name and shame the guilty party(ies).

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

... As a moderator particularly in a voice chat you will be confronted with "he said, she said" type of arguments. Meaning, you get to hear two versions of the story where you typically have no clear evidence corroborating either side's claims. Then what do you do? Ban both? Just one, and whom? How do you make sure that your judgment isn't clouded by your prejudices?

TS has a built-in record function, I believe. Why not encourage people to use it if they feel they are being harassed? Avoid at least some of the "he said, she said" conundrum.

and here is my 2 cents, Please stop pointing fingers, you have no idea what happened. Its best that you and others just stop trying to guess.

I don't guess, I was there, You where not. Here is Your 2 cents back.

Anyone that want's the truth of the events of last TGIF shoot Me a PM.

As always,the whole must pay for the actions of the few.

Well, not always. I don't know the details of in the incident or who was involved, and I don't want to, but I would have thought it could be dealt with by banning the transgressors rather than shutting down the whole thing and making everyone suffer. Ssnake?

• Members
Well, not always. I don't know the details of in the incident or who was involved, but I would have thought it could be dealt with by banning the transgressors rather than shutting down the whole thing and making everyone suffer. Ssnake?

The investigation has not been completed, therefore I cannot comment.

You know, I've been around here for about 12 years now, and this is the first time anything like this has ever happened. Mainly because in the past people had thicker skins, and could deal with things like an adult. There have been many people offended by various things, and some of it was aired in the open, but in the end it was resolved and moved on from. It seems that now, the intense urge of some to be so PC, has in my opinion ruined things. The people who cause all the trouble, are the ones taking offense, to everything anybody says or does, and the rest of us suffer the penalties. I don't know for sure what happened, but I've got a good idea, and I find it to be totally ridiculous. It sounds like some serious school yard crap is going on, and instead of hashing things out like adults or ignoring it and going on about one's business, some people prefer running to mama and tattling. Why not get rid of said offended/er, and let the adults continue to conduct themselves in a manner befitting virtual warriors.

PS. All this back channel whining is going to fracture this already small community, and drive people away. Some people get offended by certain things, while others joke about them and take nothing much at all seriously. My thoughts have always been that if you don't like something, go away. If I didn't like something on the internet, so much that it affected me in my everyday life, I would go away. Here is my plea; To whomever caused this whole fiasco, please go away!

ca94caff54656da3ef43ac685f5c9f7c.jpg.fbe

ca94caff54656da3ef43ac685f5c9f7c.jpg.fbe

Edited by Vacquero
Had more to say.

You know, I've been around here for about 14 years now, and this is the first time anything like this has ever happened. Mainly because in the past people had thicker skins, and could deal with things like an adult. There have been many people offended by various things, and some of it was aired in the open, but in the end it was resolved and moved on from. It seems that now, the intense urge of some to be so PC, has in my opinion ruined things. The people who cause all the trouble, are the ones taking offense, to everything anybody says or does, and the rest of us suffer the penalties. I don't know for sure what happened, but I've got a good idea, and I find it to be totally ridiculous. It sounds like some serious school yard crap is going on, and instead of hashing things out like adults or ignoring it and going on about one's business, some people prefer running to mama and tattling. Why not get rid of said offended/er, and let the adults continue to conduct themselves in a manner befitting virtual warriors.

Well said sir.

IMO, this has been blown waaaaaaaaaaaaaay out of proportion..

Why not get rid of said offended/er, and let the adults continue to conduct themselves in a manner befitting virtual warriors.

Are you comparing me to a Warrior? A person who kills others as his job?

Are you calling me a Murderer?

HOW DARE YOU!

IMO, this has been blown waaaaaaaaaaaaaay out of proportion..

Are you comparing me to a Warrior? A person who kills others as his job?

Are you calling me a Murderer?

HOW DARE YOU!

No, he's callling you a fake (=virtual )murderer. :-D

PS. All this back channel whining is going to fracture this already small community, and drive people away. Some people get offended by certain things, while others joke about them and take nothing much at all seriously. My thoughts have always been that if you don't like something, go away. If I didn't like something on the internet, so much that it affected me in my everyday life, I would go away. Here is my plea; To whomever caused this whole fiasco, please go away!

I think there intention is to divide are community.

Some people feed on Drama, or even worse have a ulterior motive for there actions

The person responsible could have just contacted the TeamSpeak admin and reported the Alleged violation. You wont find any details about what happened on there web site.

I am going to stay out of it I will post no more on this thread about the subject.

But if I see them attack the SB forum on other sites I will defend SB com with vigour as I Have in the past from cowardly unprovoked attacks.

Edited by Marko

Get rid of the trouble makers,problem solved.whats so hard.if someone is offended by something so simple as to what he/she was,well i guess its time for somebody to put on their big boy pants and ban the whole group or persons who constantly cause probs.goodness most on here were or are in the Mil.,fix it,and dont make the reputable players pay for a few imbeciles.

I understand that you're aggravated by the interruption of service but I still have a hard time understanding how your jokes about the matter are going to facilitate a peaceful resolution.

Please.

SB is bigger than a few children who wish to disrupt events,and will go on regardless.

I think there intention is to divide are community.

Some people feed on Drama, or even worse have Altera motives for there actions

Any attempt at dividing the community should be shut down harshly and those involved expelled. Faction will only weaken the community. I see this happening already and it is an existential threat to the community as a whole. I come here to play with friends, not get involved in political horseshit or seek to get offended at every opportunity. I deal with enough drama and stress in my life, I need no more. The politics, manichean horseshit, and the rest of it is making me not want to continue here. Get rid of the politicians and agitators once and for all or I will seriously consider leaving. I would not be shocked if others are of the same mind. It's a cancer that must be cut out.

You might lose some people? You might have some of the agitators stir the pot on off site forums and spread their mendacity there? Who cares. Letting it fester here leads to even worse outcomes. You do not let a suppurating sore or a gangrenous limb alone and hope it goes away, for it will not go away until after the patient is dead. What is going on here is nothing but sedition. It needs to be stomped out. How many are having their experience ruined by the drama queens at this point? Be done with it and get rid of them. Let what needs to be done get done and return the server to the status quo ante but without the rot.

Not an attack on Marko

Edited by TankHunter