TeamSpeak moderators needed

Ssnake

I think that most of we don't know problem behind, nor truly want to see it.

we just seem to want it quickly solved and to continue same way as before.

Thinking that there is someone or ones that are causing the trouble when problem... as I see it, is in behavior of community.

Since when we started to judge others by comments or how we feel of them? - That is what I feel is wrong here.

That we feel that there is something wrong and we point fingers at who ever we feel is doing things wrong, and that we get too easily annoyed and aren't willing to do "Sacrifices" from our own part, for others than our-self to be okay.

Sometimes this means watching own words and tongue using. Sometimes it means that we share pace with peoples that are different. And that we do it without pointing them with fingers and laughing at their color, or their mistakes.

In essence... if someone is different than we are he can still be vital part of our community and make lot good. Everyone has their good sides, those are just sometimes hard to see.

Thing is that no one is perfect. We will always find some problems from others... from everyone. Difference is, that someones are more similar to our-self while others are not. If we just accept those that we get along with and murk others this will be getting worse and worse.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

A lot of the problem, seems to stem from people getting offended by the people who are different. Some people can laugh and make jokes about life, others take it all entirely to seriously. Then they try to make everyone else conform, to their way of thinking and doing things. SB does not, for the most part, draw the softer sort. Like someone else said, there is a lot of ex-military around, and they can be pretty rough around the edges. I can say the same for myself. Political correctness is the bane of society, in my opinion, and I will not conform to it. That being said, I do not attack people or go out of my way to offend anyone. If anything I've ever said in the forums or on TS hurt somebody's feeling, my answer would be; get yourself a straw, so you can suck it up. There are some people that say things that I absolutely do not agree with, but they wouldn't know it, because I own several pair of big boy pants. And I feel that a larger majority of this community feel the same way. If anyone has to many problems with the community here at SB, leave. They make more sims and games, go play candy crush or the like. SB simulates war, and war is not pretty nor politically correct. You'll find no unicorns or rainbow sprinkles here.

Let me start with an apology for breaking my word about not posting anymore on the subject.

What transpired on Friday night had nothing to do with political correctness

What it had to do with was control. or in this case lack of it.

There's nothing more dishonourable then somebody using what is a great set of principles

(The concept of equality)

To try to control others for there own twisted agenda.

So I say Asid come and defend your so called set of principles

And why you deemed it necessary to interfere in a Game that was not in your channel

and In no way interfering with your unit.

When I look at your DOW web site all I see is a control freak and bully,

With what seems to be you will do it my way or the high way mentality

you weren't let away with it on this forum so you have some type of grudge against us

Be man enough to defend your position and stop hiding behind the rules.

there's nothing more cowardly then starting a fight and letting others finish it for you

I may well be a mouthpiece and a hot head but I am an honest one.

Edited by Marko

Let me start with an apology for breaking my word about not posting anymore on the subject.

There's nothing more dishonourable then somebody using what is a great set of principles

And why you deemed it necessary to interfere in a Game that was not in your channel

and I no way interfering with your unit.

you weren't let away with it on this forum so you have some type of grudge against us

there's nothing more cowardly then starting a fight and letting others finish it for you

Marko, you muppet.

Why did you mention names?

This investigation is still ongoing is it not?

Anyway, I agree with Vaquero, and Tank Hunter

Marko, you muppet.

Why did you mention names?

This investigation is still ongoing is it not?

Anyway, I agree with Vaquero, and Tank Hunter

Hedge before I even found out the details of what happened Friday night I new who it was That started the shit.

I dare say most of the online SB community did as well.

But you are correct it wasn't down to me to name and shame. I apologise to Ssnake and the community.

and I no way interfering with your unit.

I presumed you now have all the facts contrary to what you have already posted?

And you know us all personally.?

I presume that by your comment,

I don't know what happened neither do I want too.

But this is not good for the community if some members have broken the rules they should Be suspended till the investigation is complete. and normal service should resume ASAP.

Just my two cents worth.

It appears you are the one further dividing the community, what little there is. I for one will call you on this as DOW has been nothing of the sort of "Control" and Bullying". The entire reason why a lot of us got into Steel Beasts is because of Asid's help and continued contribution to the community, and your comments are both false and unwarranted. I have never experienced this while playing with DOW or any of its members. I am speaking for my own personal experience and through my experience of playing and communicating nor have I heard any other complaints from the group. The Group does hold everyone to a code of conduct, but that is not bullying and all who play with the group are expected to read and accept the rules before joining, so by joining you agree to the rules.

At the end of this issue will come to light and there is no alternative motive behind it. I am not here to add fire to the flames, however this is unwarranted and completely false and I feel that the other side of this needs to be heard.

Let the process take its do course and let the facts present themselves.

PE

I presumed you now have all the facts contrary to what you have already posted?

It appears you are the one further dividing the community, what little there is. I for one will call you on this as DOW has been nothing of the sort of "Control" and Bullying". The entire reason why a lot of us got into Steel Beasts is because of Asid's help and continued contribution to the community, and your comments are both false and unwarranted. I have never experienced this while playing with DOW or any of its members. I am speaking for my own personal experience and through my experience of playing and communicating nor have I heard any other complaints from the group. The Group does hold everyone to a code of conduct, but that is not bullying and all who play with the group are expected to read and accept the rules before joining, so by joining you agree to the rules.

At the end of this issue will come to light and there is no alternative motive behind it. I am not here to add fire to the flames, however this is unwarranted and completely false and I feel that the other side of this needs to be heard.

Let the process take its do course and let the facts present themselves.

PE

I got my information from somebody who was there on the night where did you get yours,

Which is probably your intention. once bitten.

I see the DOW forum has closed ranks and restricted access to members only on the subject.

just to clarify I have nothing against dogs of War or the majority of its members

But we are a free thinking bunch of guys who will not be dictated to by a guy with a napoleon complex.

If some guy chooses a avatar that's his business nobody else's

who the hell does he think he is.

sms-2339.jpg.98d3acd16d3d232ae23b81e51d7

sms-2339.jpg.98d3acd16d3d232ae23b81e51d7

That's funny. It is always so easy to point fingers at someone who is different to others.

It begins to see that what ever this kind of person does it is all turned against one. No matter how humble and modest the actual act might been. In the ears of group pointing fingers it sounds just another good excuse to hate even more as it somehow magically is turned as act against community - by community that has closed this one out and socially continues bullying and harassing.

That kind of behavior is called bullying. Look at the mirror dudes.

And even worse, by what I have followed for some time already this bullying in here has started to have many racist features.

Would it not be time to stop and think of what we could do better as our self's instead of thinking and pointing fingers at someone who we don't like cause of insignificant reasons?

Perhaps we all should reserve more big boys pants at close range while at teamspeak or these forums? Peoples are different, they have different backgrounds, cultures, history, language and so on. The hell, there might be even some girls here without you knowing about it.

All these different peoples make the community more rich, and can make it a lot more successful. One who thinks otherwise lacks ability to have success in life and keeps going on same old dirt trails without understanding potential that there is at the outside of small circles.

Truth is that people are different, and world changes. If these people want everything to stay as it has "always" been they are wrong, it is not possible. If it has been so this far, that is nearly miracle, but it is not going to last forever.

Learning something new. Of how to be friends, how to live and get along with those who bring difference is scary but there is unquestionable potential. If we keep looking back at how things have been, thinking that it is how things should be we are going to be doomed. We have to look forward! Face the new challenges learn of these potentials of unknown. Try new things.

- - -

That word "control" is said on such bad tune makes me think that some of us feel that they should be free to do what ever they want, when ever they want, and others should accept that. - Perhaps so, but to certain point. For example if I'm at work, I'm expected to follow guidance of my employer. If I'm in VU, I will follow rules of my VU. This should be clear to us all, isn't it? So is that control? Sometimes I feel my boss at work is strict and demands a lot, and it always doesn't make sense to me. The thing is, that there are good reason's for these rules to exist, and these ways of doing things. So, I do not understand what is so bad in "control".

Other example - Freedom at community, even if there are no rules and no expected political correctness. It still should not reach to point where things I do or others do reach limit where someone get's offended - or gets feeling that I'm with purpose trying to annoy or harass him / her. Is this correct? Would you keep looking from side if someone, with purpose starts to irritate another. Bringing up something from where that other one get's offended? Is that okay? No, it's not. Thing is, that if we respect each others, no matter of differences, life is and gets more easier and community will have more success in future. It doesn't always mean that if I want to do something that other's might not like, would be out of question. I have many times seen that as long as I respect others around me, I can do a lot. So can you.

We don't have to be politically correct always and all the time, as long as we respect others and their views. Sometimes it prevents us from doing something while with them but is that so bad thing?

If we feel too outraged of something perhaps, instead of answering even louder tune than before - we should close computer. Turn to our loved one, give a loving hug and have some good time releasing pressures. Or to take manly equipment at hand that moves back and forth. - or some other non PC / non violent version of releasing pressures.

Sincerely to all here ~ Lumi

That's funny. It is always so easy to point fingers at someone who is different to others.

It begins to see that what ever this kind of person does it is all turned against one. No matter how humble and modest the actual act might been. In the ears of group pointing fingers it sounds just another good excuse to hate even more as it somehow magically is turned as act against community - by community that has closed this one out and socially continues bullying and harassing.

That kind of behavior is called bullying. Look at the mirror dudes.

And even worse, by what I have followed for some time already this bullying in here has started to have many racist features.

Would it not be time to stop and think of what we could do better as our self's instead of thinking and pointing fingers at someone who we don't like cause of insignificant reasons?

Perhaps we all should reserve more big boys pants at close range while at teamspeak or these forums? Peoples are different, they have different backgrounds, cultures, history, language and so on. The hell, there might be even some girls here without you knowing about it.

All these different peoples make the community more rich, and can make it a lot more successful. One who thinks otherwise lacks ability to have success in life and keeps going on same old dirt trails without understanding potential that there is at the outside of small circles.

Truth is that people are different, and world changes. If these people want everything to stay as it has "always" been they are wrong, it is not possible. If it has been so this far, that is nearly miracle, but it is not going to last forever.

Learning something new. Of how to be friends, how to live and get along with those who bring difference is scary but there is unquestionable potential. If we keep looking back at how things have been, thinking that it is how things should be we are going to be doomed. We have to look forward! Face the new challenges learn of these potentials of unknown. Try new things.

- - -

That word "control" is said on such bad tune makes me think that some of us feel that they should be free to do what ever they want, when ever they want, and others should accept that. - Perhaps so, but to certain point. For example if I'm at work, I'm expected to follow guidance of my employer. If I'm in VU, I will follow rules of my VU. This should be clear to us all, isn't it? So is that control? Sometimes I feel my boss at work is strict and demands a lot, and it always doesn't make sense to me. The thing is, that there are good reason's for these rules to exist, and these ways of doing things. So, I do not understand what is so bad in "control".

Other example - Freedom at community, even if there are no rules and no expected political correctness. It still should not reach to point where things I do or others do reach limit where someone get's offended - or gets feeling that I'm with purpose trying to annoy or harass him / her. Is this correct? Would you keep looking from side if someone, with purpose starts to irritate another. Bringing up something from where that other one get's offended? Is that okay? No, it's not. Thing is, that if we respect each others, no matter of differences, life is and gets more easier and community will have more success in future. It doesn't always mean that if I want to do something that other's might not like, would be out of question. I have many times seen that as long as I respect others around me, I can do a lot. So can you.

We don't have to be politically correct always and all the time, as long as we respect others and their views. Sometimes it prevents us from doing something while with them but is that so bad thing?

If we feel too outraged of something perhaps, instead of answering even louder tune than before - we should close computer. Turn to our loved one, give a loving hug and have some good time releasing pressures. Or to take manly equipment at hand that moves back and forth. - or some other non PC / non violent version of releasing pressures.

Sincerely to all here ~ Lumi

Is this the same Lumi

That made a derogatory comment about esim on the DOW forum before

He who shall be obeyed restricted access to the thread

Is this the same Lumi

That made a derogatory comment about esim on the DOW forum before

He who shall be obeyed restricted access to the thread

??? Pardon. I have no idea what you talk about.

wait... ahh there must be person whose username is Lumi here / there Correct? That is probably why I could not have nickname Lumi at the time when I signed.

-------------

Ahh now I understand you. Had to ask from others of what you mean, or so I think at least if you refer to discussion of why TS is down in DOW forum. Then yes I'm same person, but I do not understand how any of my post would be considered as Derogatory. - I as well asked that discussion to be opened to public.

I respectfully request that this thread be closed, deleted, or both. Future posts about this topic should be deleted or locked until all persons have been contacted in relation to said incident, and the investigation is finished.

Post at the end that moderators are needed, and to send an e-mail if interested to desired address of your choosing.

Allowing this thread to continue to IMO is adding to the problem, and never should have gone on this long.

It is unfortunate that the community is affected by certain actions, and hopefully TS will be back up in the near future.

IMO those not involved directly (not a party to the incident i.e. offender, offended, suspect, witness, moderator, etc.), with the incident should keep their thoughts, drama, or anything else to themselves until this is resolved.

It is easy to not have this happen in the future. Be respectful to others in speech, the things you post in the forum and or avatars, and do not be bigoted, offensive, racist, or just plain rude to others actively or passively. It is not that hard to do.

I think that most of we don't know problem behind, nor truly want to see it.

we just seem to want it quickly solved and to continue same way as before.

Thinking that there is someone or ones that are causing the trouble when problem... as I see it, is in behavior of community.

Since when we started to judge others by comments or how we feel of them? - That is what I feel is wrong here.

That we feel that there is something wrong and we point fingers at who ever we feel is doing things wrong, and that we get too easily annoyed and aren't willing to do "Sacrifices" from our own part, for others than our-self to be okay.

Sometimes this means watching own words and tongue using. Sometimes it means that we share pace with peoples that are different. And that we do it without pointing them with fingers and laughing at their color, or their mistakes.

In essence... if someone is different than we are he can still be vital part of our community and make lot good. Everyone has their good sides, those are just sometimes hard to see.

Thing is that no one is perfect. We will always find some problems from others... from everyone. Difference is, that someones are more similar to our-self while others are not. If we just accept those that we get along with and murk others this will be getting worse and worse.

It is easy to not have this happen in the future. Be respectful to others in speech, the things you post in the forum and or avatars, and do not be bigoted, offensive, racist, or just plain rude to others actively or passively. It is not that hard to do.

I spent alot of time thinking about whether I should post this, the last hours have convinced me that I should. It is apparent that certain narratives need to be countered.

It is not the community, and it is not that we do not accept all sorts of people. When I started here we had a Wahabi from Saudi Arabia (a few years after 9-11), we had Israelis, we had Swedes, Germans, and a Filipino (who is the one who started TGIF in the first place) among others.

The issue is that there are some who cannot accept that others may dislike them and they believe that they are morally superior and want to impose their morality on others. And there are others who have made mistakes in the past and in order to hide the memory of these mistakes are apparently willing to destroy those who have issues with them or with whom they have issues with. That is what is going on. I have dealt with both sides of this drama, I have spoken with both sides of this drama. Only one side do I consider myself to still have friends on after the events of Friday.

I have been in this community for over a decade and there has been nothing like this. I have spoken with one of the individuals in this conflict and he made threats to tarnish the reputation of this community, all because some dislike him and he perceives things that are not there (which is probably why some dislike him). I have received belligerent and ignorant messages from another individual involved in this conflict (with whom previously I have done all I could to be civil with), one who I believe speaks with a poisoned tongue to the first as regards others that are on his shit list. This was over another drama and when I responded in kind he sent a message to Nils, complaining about me, and others, including those who were not involved in that drama in any way, shape or form. At the same time I spoke with the first individual who threatened to tarnish the community on other fora unless I dealt with a member of my group who antagonized him on another forum (the threat was unnecessary for that) and to effectively police the thoughts of the members of my group. I will not do that. I believe I told them later to not antagonize him purposely, but if someone asks about him or his that they are to be honest as to their own views. That is a community problem? No. That is a problem of individuals and the interactions between individual personalities.

Are there assholes on the other side? Yes, I can think of one but he has not engaged in anything provocative since last year, yet they keep finding problems with him, for to some an avatar making fun of rednecks is apparently racist.

http://www.mandatory.com/2014/10/22/the-redneck-retriever-meme-is-here-to-speak-his-mind/

This latest thing is about people looking for a drama and getting it while disrupting an event that has been going on for nearly a decade and a half. The result is that a service that has been going on for nearly as long as that has been ended, temporarily, hopefully. Does anyone think this is beneficial to the community?

I have tried to get one of the individuals involved in this conflict to speak with one of the people whose name I believe has been slandered by the one with a poison tongue. The intent was to get the two to understand each other so that misunderstandings do not happen then or in the future and so that propaganda would be less effective. The effort failed because the one in your group was unwilling to speak with the slandered and because he wanted to shift the conversation to other things. Unwilling to even speak with the guy, I still don't know why, I can only reason that his mind was already poisoned by that point. This was just a couple weeks ago. This failure on his part is I believe a direct cause of this most recent drama. So here we are.

I believe that I ended the conversation with "I do not know about you, but I'm here just to have fun." The dramas over the past couple months has done everything to ruin that for me. Instead of looking forward to the weekend I ask "what drama is going to happen this week?" Some might enjoy that, I don't. This isn't a community issue, this is an issue involving individuals. I don't know if you might consider what I said to be falsehoods, you might, but it doesn't matter. I am tired of the bullshit and I want to speak my mind of it. I think the truths that I have written and which I have experienced personally needed to be known as regards this.

I spent alot of time thinking about whether I should post this, the last hours have convinced me that I should. It is apparent that certain narratives need to be countered.

It is not the community, and it is not that we do not accept all sorts of people. When I started here we had a Wahabi from Saudi Arabia (a few years after 9-11), we had Israelis, we had Swedes, Germans, and a Filipino (who is the one who started TGIF in the first place) among others.

The issue is that there are some who cannot accept that others may dislike them and they believe that they are morally superior and want to impose their morality on others. And there are others who have made mistakes in the past and in order to hide the memory of these mistakes are apparently willing to destroy those who have issues with them or with whom they have issues with. That is what is going on. I have dealt with both sides of this drama, I have spoken with both sides of this drama. Only one side do I consider myself to still have friends on after the events of Friday.

I have been in this community for over a decade and there has been nothing like this. I have spoken with one of the individuals in this conflict and he made threats to tarnish the reputation of this community, all because some dislike him and he perceives things that are not there (which is probably why some dislike him). I have received belligerent and ignorant messages from another individual involved in this conflict (with whom previously I have done all I could to be civil with), one who I believe speaks with a poisoned tongue to the first as regards others that are on his shit list. This was over another drama and when I responded in kind he sent a message to Nils, complaining about me, and others, including those who were not involved in that drama in any way, shape or form. At the same time I spoke with the first individual who threatened to tarnish the community on other fora unless I dealt with a member of my group who antagonized him on another forum (the threat was unnecessary for that) and to effectively police the thoughts of the members of my group. I will not do that. I believe I told them later to not antagonize him purposely, but if someone asks about him or his that they are to be honest as to their own views. That is a community problem? No. That is a problem of individuals and the interactions between individual personalities.

Are there assholes on the other side? Yes, I can think of one but he has not engaged in anything provocative since last year, yet they keep finding problems with him, for to some an avatar making fun of rednecks is apparently racist.

http://www.mandatory.com/2014/10/22/the-redneck-retriever-meme-is-here-to-speak-his-mind/

This latest thing is about people looking for a drama and getting it while disrupting an event that has been going on for nearly a decade and a half. The result is that a service that has been going on for nearly as long as that has been ended, temporarily, hopefully. Does anyone think this is beneficial to the community?

I have tried to get one of the individuals involved in this conflict to speak with one of the people whose name I believe has been slandered by the one with a poison tongue. The intent was to get the two to understand each other so that misunderstandings do not happen then or in the future and so that propaganda would be less effective. The effort failed because the one in your group was unwilling to speak with the slandered and because he wanted to shift the conversation to other things. Unwilling to even speak with the guy, I still don't know why, I can only reason that his mind was already poisoned by that point. This was just a couple weeks ago. This failure on his part is I believe a direct cause of this most recent drama. So here we are.

I believe that I ended the conversation with "I do not know about you, but I'm here just to have fun." The dramas over the past couple months has done everything to ruin that for me. Instead of looking forward to the weekend I ask "what drama is going to happen this week?" Some might enjoy that, I don't. This isn't a community issue, this is an issue involving individuals. I don't know if you might consider what I said to be falsehoods, you might, but it doesn't matter. I am tired of the bullshit and I want to speak my mind of it. I think the truths that I have written and which I have experienced personally needed to be known as regards this.

^ THIS.

I respectfully request that this thread be closed, deleted, or both. Future posts about this topic should be deleted or locked until all persons have been contacted in relation to said incident, and the investigation is finished.

Post at the end that moderators are needed, and to send an e-mail if interested to desired address of your choosing.

Allowing this thread to continue to IMO is adding to the problem, and never should have gone on this long.

It is unfortunate that the community is affected by certain actions, and hopefully TS will be back up in the near future.

IMO those not involved directly (not a party to the incident i.e. offender, offended, suspect, witness, moderator, etc.), with the incident should keep their thoughts, drama, or anything else to themselves until this is resolved.

+1. Snake has said it is being investigated. I suggest that everyone shuts up 'til that investigation is complete and he has decided what, if any, action is to be taken.

I am totally amazed - and somewhat depressed actually - that so many supposed adults don't realise that continued name calling just makes them look juvenile, ignorant and stupid in the eyes of the community, and have apparently failed to learn that once a debate becomes an argument, no one ever changes their mind - they simply dig in deeper.

That is a community problem? No. That is a problem of individuals and the interactions between individual personalities.

This isn't a community issue, this is an issue involving individuals.

Here we have the nub of the problem. Personally, I am pretty confident that eSim will deal with this matter on that basis by dismissing the disruptive individuals on both sides and avoiding action that would inconvenience or harm the community at large.

Well said tankhunter I think your post says it all.

I agree with the DOW guys who want to lock the thread.(I Wonder why)

The SB community is intelligent enough to make there own judgement on who started

This debacle and there motives.