SB TS Server

Tjay

Ok I apologise for the oversight.

But the fact remains rule 14 is in place so abide by it.

And you DOW Guys need to stop bitching about it, for a unit that prides its self on following the rules you guys need to start following other peoples rules as well.

You don't get to pick and choose on this forum

May I ask the mods to remove this post, as its only purpose appears to be to prolong and continue the public spat that was the cause of the SB TS server being taken down. I really don't understand how anyone can do this at a time when the important thing is to heal the rift in the community that is seriously pissing off the majority and just providing those who claim that this forum is a battleground with ammunition.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

May I ask the mods to remove this post, as its only purpose appears to be to prolong and continue the public spat that was the cause of the SB TS server being taken down. I really don't understand how anyone can do this at a time when the important thing is to heal the rift in the community that is seriously pissing off the majority and just providing those who claim that this forum is a battleground with ammunition.

The spat that lead to the SB TS server being taken down was a different spat between DoW members and someone/s outside the unit.

• Members
May I ask the mods to remove this post, ...

Let me get that straight: Moderators on this forum will NOT alter other users' posts. We may ask them to do so, or we may lock threads, and we may ban users if they are in violation of a forum rule (which one, in this case?) ... but the one thing that we don't is to censor statements, particularly not if the sole basis for that is the submission of a Hurt Feelings form sheet.

The "tolerance" thing goes both ways: Don't be an asshole, and don't be a sissy.

Absolutely not true.

Volcano has explained why rule 14 is in place, the vast majority of the forum accept that.

But some people seem to want to drag the issue on and on.

Now if a moderator asks me to remove said post I will do so.

Edited by Marko

Absolutely not true.

Volcano has explained why rule 14 is in place, the vast majority of the forum accept that.

But some people seem to want to drag the issue on and on.

Now if a moderator asks me to remove said post I will do so.

I wish people would spend all this energy working on scenarios or mods to make the community as a whole better. Ruck up and move out, and lose the chip on your shoulder, its computer software.

Let me get that straight: Moderators on this forum will NOT alter other users' posts. We may ask them to do so, or we may lock threads, and we may ban users if they are in violation of a forum rule (which one, in this case?) ... but the one thing that we don't is to censor statements, particularly not if the sole basis for that is the submission of a Hurt Feelings form sheet.

The "tolerance" thing goes both ways: Don't be an asshole, and don't be a sissy.

I am totally amazed that you are happy to let the disruptors continue their puerile 'he said, she said' arguments on this forum to the further detriment of the community, Steel Beasts in general and probably the company. But I won't be reading them.Why the company? Because this type of post simply makes SB look bad - which can't possibly be good for sales . My feelings have not been hurt. I am not in either 'camp'; I'm quite happy to play with VUs like BGANZAC and with DoW. My ONLY interest is overall good of the community. I find the suggestion that by asking for Marko's post to be removed I must be either an asshole or a sissy or possibly both, insulting and extremely discouraging

I wish people would spend all this energy working on scenarios or mods to make the community as a whole better. Ruck up and move out, and lose the chip on your shoulder, its computer software.

Well said:luxhello:, time to move on to the next drama:c::c:.

I am totally amazed that you are happy to let the disruptors continue their puerile 'he said, she said' arguments on this forum to the further detriment of the community, Steel Beasts in general and probably the company. But I won't be reading them.Why the company? Because this type of post simply makes SB look bad - which can't possibly be good for sales . My feelings have not been hurt. I am not in either 'camp'; I'm quite happy to play with VUs like BGANZAC and with DoW. My ONLY interest is overall good of the community. I find the suggestion that by asking for Marko's post to be removed I must be either an asshole or a sissy or possibly both, insulting and extremely discouraging

Its simple I did not break forum rules.

It always amuses me when certain people think they have a god given right to say what They want when they want,

But expect others the shut up simply because they don't like What They post.

They funny thing is I believed I was acting in good faith trying to stop a potential flame war.

Its simple I did not break forum rules.

It always amuses me when certain people think they have a god given right to say what They want when they want,

But expect others the shut up simply because they don't like What They post.

They funny thing is I believed I was acting in good faith trying to stop a potential flame war.

Marko, do us a favor and take your own advice and be quiet.

As a reminder, this forum has an "ignore list" function. Use it. You won't have to put up with someone, and the rest of us won't have to read about your complaining about him. Win-Win.

Good point. Done.

Everyone take a moment and relax. Shit happens, we adjust and tomorrow is a new day. If you got some final thoughts, get it in. It's time we close this.

+1. Hooray. I doubt others will though, so I hope the mods will in future take appropriate action to prevent (not censor) posts that are blatantly aggressive and clearly designed simply to heap coals onto the row that has broken out between two small groups within the community. Note the words 'small' and 'within'. Both factions seem to think that they ARE the community but they are not. Never was the old saying 'A penny in a tin makes the most noise' truer.

I'm now done. And when I say that I mean it and will stick to it.

+1. Hooray. I doubt others will though, so I hope the mods will in future take appropriate action to prevent (not censor) posts that are blatantly aggressive and clearly designed simply to heap coals onto the row that has broken out between two small groups within the community. Note the words 'small' and 'within'. Both factions seem to think that they ARE the community but they are not. Never was the old saying 'A penny in a tin makes the most noise' truer.

I'm now done. And when I say that I mean it and will stick to it.

Moderation is not proactive. It's unrealistic to expect us to "prevent (not censor) posts that are blatantly aggressive" unless we find someone who has some form of psychic ability that can accurately predict what someone will do in the future. Until that person shows up, I don't think prevention is even possible. What we do have are rules. While some people think we do a piss poor job on enforcement, I don't think we would serve the community's best interest if we began operating like a Draconian police state. Everyone has bad days or allows someone to push his buttons. Swinging the ban hammer should not be our first and only method we employ to resolve a flare up. Our ranks would be a lot thinner if I had banned everyone I yelled at in the past. However, tolerance does have limits. Unhappy people will continue to do unhappy things. When someone does get banned, there will be no question that he deserved it. Things sort themselves in the long run.