Good scenarios for beginners?

speed150mph

So after a couple months sitting on the fence I finally forked out the cash for sb pro pe, and I am loving it. I've completed the tutorials on two tanks so far and am looking for scenarios or operations to play. I thought it would be a good first post on the forum.

The two tanks that I've been toying with so far is the T-72m1 and leopard 2A5. I was searching on the downloads page and didn't see much for these tanks but it's hard to tell since I don't see the tanks listed in descriptions. I was just wondering what scenarios you guys run and which are good. Thanks

Gary Owen Camp Hornfeld(?)(not sure on the exact sce name) scenarios are often recommended.

Go there: http://www.steelbeasts.com/Downloads

Check for single player or multiplayer scenarios and seach for authors name "GaryOwen"

Other then that; I can only advice going into mutly-player a.s.a.p.

There are a good many of seasoned players that are glad to help :-)

depending on the time zone you live in, contact a virtual unit(VU) or join in for the TGIF games here at SB.com

We are playing at the weekends ot times between 18:00 to 20:00 GMT/UTC (1800Z-2000Z). Main language used is german, but we can try to speak english as well ;-)

http://www.steelbeasts.org/forum.php

Here on site you can find a link lit to other VUs that may suit your game time/language/playstyle better:

http://www.steelbeasts.com/links/p16_sectionid/6

You can download any scenario that looks interesting and, if it isn't password protected, open it in the mission editor and change the player's tank(s) to T-72s or Leos. That also goes for most of the included scenarios. And who knows...after trying them out, you might find that you like the M1 or Challenger or whatever just as much, if not more.

As for which scenarios to choose, opinions vary based on what one is looking for: assaulting a city, defending a ridge line, recon, the list goes on. Luckily, everything's free. It only costs you a little time to find the scenarios you like. Even that can be fun. But generally, I'd start off with anything that involves controlling a platoon or two. Once you're confident doing that, you can move on to company size+ scenarios. Also, don't be afraid to get online and play with others. You'll learn a lot and be able to ask questions and get help on the spot.

Personally, I've enjoyed just about every scenario I've tried. They all have something to teach you about the most effective way to deploy and use the forces at your disposal. And remember to use the planning phase to your fullest advantage. More time spent there can save you a lot of grief when the rounds start flying.

Anyway, welcome to the community...good luck, and happy tanking! ;)

"Steinbach Ambush" and "Section Attack" are good starters, and they're in your "SB Scenarios Section Easy" folder that came with the Sim. You control two tanks in "Section" and four tanks in "Steinbach." Good Luck! Have fun! Welcome to SB! :luxhello:

Hi,

I must admit I'm a bit stunned that you haven't looked here:

http://www.steelbeasts.com/sbforums/showthread.php?t=21923

or directly:

http://www.steelbeasts.com/sbwiki/index.php?title=Starter_Pack

The whole purpose of that is to help new players out with scenarios, etc.

"Why did I bother" comes to mind.

Probably didnt see it up there in all his excitement.Maybe big bold orange or red letters,lol.

Well maybe he just overlooked it.

However it would help if those responding to such posts (who do know its there) could refer them back to it.

Might save everyone a bunch of typing (which was one of the reasons for its creation)?!

Will do,but remember its still new and most of us probably didnt think about it,as it being new and all.im no spring chicken anymore and sometimes I need things beatin into my cranium,lol.:wink2:

I would suggest increasing the font size, giving it a distinctive colour and adding a GIF. Finally, you should change the message to: Valuable information not to be read by newbies under any circumstances.

That should do it. :1:

...which is often my thoughts exactly about the entire SBwiki in general. But give it time and people will use it. :)

Thanks for the time and effort. :drink:

I can only speak for my self but I find it invaluable as a reference guide.

I particularly enjoy reading about the armour values.

Sure. And there's a famous 1973 film called The Wiki Man, starring Edward Woodward, Christopher Lee, Diane Cilento, and Britt Ekland. Not much - well, nothing actually - about armour protection values or the cross country mobility of AFVS, but considerably sexier. :)