Tech Advice.

Marko

I suggested to a friend of mine he try the one month licence option.

He has a three year old laptop it has a intel graphics card I thought it mite run if he turned All The settings down, it all loaded no problem but even with all the setting down to Minimum He just gets a black screen with sound, the only position viewable is the drivers station but The out side view is black. any suggestions or is it his machine is not up to it.

Not sure of all the specs I think its a Pentium chip set.

Edited by Marko

• Members

It should at the very least be a processor with integrated 3D graphics. Not every processor has them, or has them powerful enough. I suppose your friend's notebook is one of those cases, I'm afraid. He could still use that notebook as a license server for a different PC to squeeze some use out of the license - but that may be about it.

It should at the very least be a processor with integrated 3D graphics. Not every processor has them, or has them powerful enough. I suppose your friend's notebook is one of those cases, I'm afraid. He could still use that notebook as a license server for a different PC to squeeze some use out of the license - but that may be about it.

It has got integrated graphics card a Intel HD R chip set

I had a look today down loaded drivers etc. still no joy

Lucky he didn't go for the full product.

Now I just have to convince him SB is worth buying a new machine for.

Hmm, try reinstalling the DirectX 9.0c

( I know it usually throws up an error dialog, but it might be worth a try.)

Or it could be a windows "Control Panel" setting.

(Be Careful here)

I know my Integrated Graphics works.

I recommend installing a program called Speccy by Piriform.

It interrogates all the hardware on your machine for its specifications and presents them as one easy to read page. (Run as Admin, for full effect)

Might give us a better idea of what he has to work with.

• 1 month later...
  • Members

If his license was activated but never used, it's still good. Otherwise it may be expired, in which case a new license is necessary.

To configure a computer as a license server, please consult page 13f. in the user's manual; while the text refers to a CM stick, the described settings for creating a license server apply to time-based licenses on virtual CM containers just the same.

If his license was activated but never used, it's still good. Otherwise it may be expired, in which case a new license is necessary.

To configure a computer as a license server, please consult page 13f. in the user's manual; while the text refers to a CM stick, the described settings for creating a license server apply to time-based licenses on virtual CM containers just the same.

My Bad the licence ran out how time fly's

anyway I have talked him to getting a three month licence

Thanks for the speedy reply.

Now lets talk about sales commission LoL

I am having difficulties getting a temp licence to install

I have read the post on troubleshooting installs have turned off the virus protection and protection mode. tried a reinstall. its a new PC running windows 8.1 bing

Here is the error message I am getting.

Error: The license cannot be transferred into the selected CmContainer. Please use a different CmContainer and try again. Error Code = 0x18080005

Any advice welcome.

• Members

Yeah, I have currently two similar support requests. I THINK that it is a server issue and of course we're working on getting this resolved, but right now I can only ask for your patience (and, if you like, send me your CmDUST results log file (see user' manual, page 15)).

Yeah, I have currently two similar support requests. I THINK that it is a server issue and of course we're working on getting this resolved, but right now I can only ask for your patience (and, if you like, send me your CmDUST results log file (see user' manual, page 15)).

No problem.

Has it got anything to do with the windows bing 8.1 operating system.

it uses the Xbox 1 menu, I found the Gm Dust file no problem it stores them in the app section along with all the other files

I will attempt to send you on the CmDust file.

File sent to the Esim shipping address.

Marked licence issue.

We had similar reports coming from Win 10 and Win 7; I don't think that it's a matter of the choice of operating system. Also, Win 7 and Win 8 have been in use for years without creating trouble with license activations. It must be something else.

Up and running

thanks for the speedy resolution.