Wittmann's headstone stolen

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm talking about a real thing, really believed in and put into real action by real people in a really big war with really big consequences. And it even cost Germany really big- big time.

I don't have the wiring that it requires to admire these kinds of people, the enemies of open societies, and I'll be glad to point out where it's uncalibrated. Again, people admire Wittman but not so much an Imperial Japanese officer they may have heard about. And somewhere in all of this is even a bit of sympathy- not so nearly the amount of sympathy for others that these people and massacred and subjugated, again, not just city after city in Europe, but even what they did to their own people.

And out of all of this the thing that's really outrageous is that they stole Wittman's tombstone. Kind of funny, actually. Good play.

So you clearly vote for the 'keep banging away regardless of the fact that it isn't going to change anyone's opinion' option. You are entitled do do so - at least until the moderators wake up - but isn't it all a bit self-indulgent? :heu:

We have just been through an unfortunate period of public animosity between two 'factions' on the forum. I was hoping for a bit more than a few days of peace.

Be annoyed all you want. Or don't watch. Simple.

Don't try and make this about an impasse because it is an equivalent discussion about equal but opposite points of view. If people are going to continue to make equivalencies here and continue to say that there is something wrong for criticizing this, I will be point out why they're wrong or misinformed.

And if people need to have respect and hold esteem for someone, why not respect and admire resistance movements in Poland or France or Spain or Holland, or what have you. They are far more admirable- people without the same kind of support and certainly not a Tiger tank like Wittman. Shows where priorities are, though.

That's one down.

So the Nazis had certain goals, some of the most noted and important were that they intended to clean parts of Europe out and establish it as a state for the Germans and everyone caught in this plan were either to be exterminated or live under its boot. Furthermore, they applied this thinking on their country and of course we know that they consciously practiced in euphemistic terms improving the stock by killing or putting in prison or subjugating people that had handicaps or certain ethnic or political backgrounds.

These are goals of what the Nazis aimed to do. This is what they attempted. If someone is a member of the Nazi party, that's a kind of evidence of what they're on about. Those people would tell you that they are Nazis. It's not a hidden society, it's not merely guilt by implication or association, it's a very deliberate, conscious consideration.

So let´s stay at the 007 File from History Channel.

If possible,can anybody tell me why 007 lost both Tracks due to Firefly AP Fire ?

Possibly a secondary detonation when the ammo went up, knocked the tracks off.

What do you think happened to wittmanns tank do you think it was a typhoon strike

the firefly was in a pretty good ambush position.

Theirs also a good documentary about who took down the red baron as well

It was credited to a Canadian pilot officer but the program reckons it was ground fire that got him.

Edited by Marko

Who knows the intentions of the person that stole German soldiers headstones. Perhaps a political statement, perhaps a cool piece to add to a collection. Here In New England We have a problem of the same sort. People are stealing Bronze, Copper, and Brass, badges and markers from veteran headstones to scrap for drug money. Graves Going Back to the 1670's desecrated by Opioid addicts for a quick fix. The only burial ground safe from desecration Here in the United States is Arlington.

So you clearly vote for the 'keep banging away regardless of the fact that it isn't going to change anyone's opinion' option. You are entitled do do so - at least until the moderators wake up - but isn't it all a bit self-indulgent? :heu:

We have just been through an unfortunate period of public animosity between two 'factions' on the forum. I was hoping for a bit more than a few days of peace.

Obviously, the whole don't be a bully don't be a sissy advice did not register

with some people.

Well, Gentlemen, you are obviously determined to continue this regardless of the fact that it breaks forum rules and that it can only end in tears. But in view of the fact that eSim are apparently happy to let it run, I will now withdraw and leave you to it.

In leaving I will just say that I have never in my life seen more blatant examples of the egotistical and immature attitude, 'Your opinion is an opinion; my opinion is fact and if you disagree with me you are simply wrong'. Pathetic. :icon_frown:

Edited by Tjay

My guess would be a private collector in the background. People are getting to new low levels nowadays. Hope they put a replacement back - I would want to visit it someday. I dont think about the political sides - hero or villain, but I have certain level of respect for him.

Who knows the intentions of the person that stole German soldiers headstones. Perhaps a political statement, perhaps a cool piece to add to a collection. Here In New England We have a problem of the same sort. People are stealing Bronze, Copper, and Brass, badges and markers from veteran headstones to scrap for drug money. Graves Going Back to the 1670's desecrated by Opioid addicts for a quick fix. The only burial ground safe from desecration Here in the United States is Arlington.

We are currently suffering the steal process in many cemterries, bronze of the WWI and WWII memorials are cut down for money by some eastern parasites...

The bronze of Mémorial des Chars de Combats have been stolen

BERRYAUBACMTDESCHARS.png.

Even the massive Craonne memorial ( 4m heigh and 1,5T) has been stolen.

OK!!!!!

As I have been handed new powers to ban PPL, and I've been waiting to do so, I am asking for this to end, and move on to the Sherman. Views can be shared via PM if required, lets keep the topic about missing headstones and leave out the political views.

I won't ask again:mad3:

We are currently suffering the steal process in many cemterries, bronze of the WWI and WWII memorials are cut down for money by some eastern parasites...

The bronze of Mémorial des Chars de Combats have been stolen

BERRYAUBACMTDESCHARS.png.

Even the massive Craonne memorial ( 4m heigh and 1,5T) has been stolen.

no guards?

OK!!!!!

As I have been handed new powers to ban PPL, and I've been waiting to do so, I am asking for this to end, and move on to the Sherman. Views can be shared via PM if required, lets keep the topic about missing headstones and leave out the political views.

Hooray! :luxhello:

I swear you guys have a psychic radar. My daughter whom I haven't seen in over a year is in town for a visit. Can I please enjoy my time with her without having to worry about this place imploding?

For going political, Captain_Colossus has earned a ban until the next time I log in a day or three.

When starting threads like this please take a moment and consider where it might lead. If you can't or won't get along with each, I will create a new penalty box that will restrict all access to sb.com and stick you in it for a month (current bans only restricts posting on the forum).

OK!!!!!

I'm pretty sure we are only allowed to Moderate Teamspeak.

All war Graves/cemetaries (ww2) and others in India are guarded by Indian military personnel.

Is it because of financial reason they are not guarded in other countries?

Here where I live this has never been a problem until recently. Graves going back to The King Philips war, American Revolutionary war, War of 1812, American civil war to the present day have been untouched for centuries. This is a new phenomenon brought on by economic collapse, The collapse of the family unit and traditional morality. Also I live in the NE of America which is the liberal headquarters of the United States. Not a lot of emphasis put on respecting the Military here, dead or alive.