Signed today

12Alfa

It is bad, but frankly the only way forward right now.

The downside is that GE stupidly wants to stick to EU laws and rules(competition, free market and stuff)...while in france defence- is a state industry. Heavily shielded by the government.

In this way it will be a very one sided union :-(

edit:from the technological aspect, KMW will not gain much. The Only benefit for them would be Nexters customers base which might open more marked segments...

• Members

...you got to say though that pretty much everywhere in Europe where defense industry was/is under heavy state influence, it has either perished or is in steady decline. Privately owned defense corporations have been under pressure from shrinking budgets, but they are largely still there, and still profitable.

...you got to say though that pretty much everywhere in Europe where defense industry was/is under heavy state influence, it has either perished or is in steady decline. ...

And thats exactly why I see Nexters entry with a critical eye.

...but if the Bode family wants to enter a pact with the devil (aside from those that they must have entered a while ago), they are welcome, as far as I am concerned.

Of course it is. And given the current market situation, "consolidation" is the way to go to survive.

But as "customer", and with experience with other french or french-dominated companies...I hope that not to much changes in the workings with what was KMW.