New Leopard Update coming 2018

Xambrium

Excellent find.

But I will wait a couple of years before I add it to the SB wish list.LoL

The new variant seems to have a extensive active defence system.

Here's hoping the new active defence systems in service or development will increase both survivability and longevity of armour. I have read numerous articles over the years proclaiming the end of the heavy tank because of the proliferation of deadly ATGM's/RPG's even the Israelis after there last big incursion in to Lebanon were reconsidering if investing so much in expensive high tech tanks like the merkava was worth it, when a relatively simple and inexpensive RPG could take it out.

I think they developed the trophy active protection system after there experiences in Lebanon.

And "they" are turning out to be right, it just took a few decades.

True,

But there still fitting cannon to the latest airframes F35/f22 /Eurofighter as are the Russians.

Who's to say in the future some type of advanced jamming system wont come in to play and fighter pilots will have to revert back to dog fighting

And "they" are turning out to be right, it just took a few decades.

in Korea and VN the US didnt fare to well w/o the nose cannon,once put back on,they tables were turned an the US gained a lopsided advantage.Bayonets,H2H and AFVs will always be part of war,no amnt of tech will ever erase it.

Sorry "Auto Bild" this is the Leopard 2 Revolution Demonstrator, over 5 Years old ....

AMAP-ADS could be also integrated in Leo 2A6/A7 without any Problems.

I don´t aspect the Budeswehr to downgrade the Leo 2 A6/A7 fleet to upgrade them to this

or upgrade some 113 Leo 2A4 due to Spareparts- and Maintenance Problems.

If true, shows who had the upper hand in the air :luxhello:, guess the history channel got it wrong.......AGAIN:c:

Indeed 12Alfa

Discovery and history channels shows are entertaining but they use a lot of artistic licence with historical facts my favour example of this was when they aired top ten tanks

IN The US version The M1A2 came first in the European version the leo-2 did. LoL

The thing that annoys me is they hire eminent historians senior retied officers

Sandhurst and west point lecturer's to give the shows validity.

I suppose what the hell, I would take the consulting fee and go with the flow as well. LoL

so when are we gonna see the new version of the Leo in SB?:clin:

Well the only two versions I can think of not already in game are 2A7 and the Revolution upgrade. cant see the revolution being implemented it has a APS that would be hard to simulate the 2A7 mite be a good prospect though.

Leopard 1

Leopard 1A1, 1A1A2.1A1A3 (just radios), 1A1A4 (improvements to the image intensifier)

Leopard 1A2, 1A2A1 (receivedPZB 200),1A2A3

Leopard 1A3, 1A3A1, 1A3A3

Leopard 1A4

Leopard 1A5

Leopard 1A6

Leopard C1 MEXAS

Leopard C2 MEXAS

So, ya a few more to add to the stables:luxhello::luxhello:

Leopard 1

Leopard 1A1, 1A1A2.1A1A3 (just radios), 1A1A4 (improvements to the image intensifier)

Leopard 1A2, 1A2A1 (receivedPZB 200),1A2A3

Leopard 1A3, 1A3A1, 1A3A3

Leopard 1A4

Leopard 1A5

Leopard 1A6

Leopard C1 MEXAS

Leopard C2 MEXAS

So, ya a few more to add to the stables:luxhello::luxhello:

I was referring to the Leo-2 only

but +1 for a C2 MEXAS