Surprised no one mentioned yet...

MDF

Well, I've hinted a number of times in various places that there would be one more update for SB Pro PE 3.0, and it seems like we might be ready by next Thursday.

If it is ready and available by/on next Thursday, what effect (if any) will it have on the planning and playing of next week's TGIF? Or will this just be a decision to be made by the players as to which version (older, newer) will be used.

• Members

I expect 3.027 to be "minimally invasive" and fully compatible as far as file formats are concerned. Most of the more substantial changes are either vehicle fire control system behavior related bugfixes, or contained to the Mission and Map editors respectively.

The biggest UI related change is the TrackIR support.

But maybe the beta testers are more qualified to comment on this:

Your Gag Order is hereby lifted!

• Members

I'd just like to point out that it'll be a full installer (no small 'delta' update), so I'm not sure if all participants of the next TGIF will be able to download it in time. From this POV it might be better not to plan for its usage (even if it might be released before friday)

• Members
If there is going to be new content.

Not in a substantial way. This really is intended as "the final 3.0 release". It's bug fixes, and more bug fixes, and the additional goodie of TrackIR support.

There are some bug fixes that may be bordering on the verge of new content depending on how one looks at them. Still, if it weren't for the added TrackIR support I'd call it a patch, so it qualifies as an "update" by our definition: Vehicles without crew positions remain without them. Substantial new content is limited to upgrades, really.