No TrackIR in 64-bit version

MDF

I have a TrackIR 4. I have tried running it with both the version 4 and version 5.1/5.2 TrackIR front-end software.

I can get TrackIR to work in SB only when running TrackIR version 4 front end and the SB 3.027 32-bit version. TrackIR will not work with any other combination of TrackIR software version and SB version.

I assume this is an issue with the 64-bit driver for TrackIR, but I downloaded the most recent version of TrackIR (v 5.2). Plus, FWIW, TrackIR runs fine with Arma3, which I assume is a 64-bit application.

I have tried uninstalling/reinstalling both TrackIR and SB v. 3.027. I have made sure that TrackIR is selected in the SB controls dialog.

Anyone else having these issues?

Did you update the definitions in the TIR software?

Aha! Thanks.

Now I've found another issue. In the TC position, F9 no longer gets you to the driver position. Instead, it seems to temporarily disable TrackIR. Further, once I'm in the Gunner position, the F7 key no longer gets me back to the TC position. To do so, I have to use the Position menu. Anyone else experiencing this?

Also, I'm not having any luck getting SB to recognize Y-axis movement (which I understand to translate to the 'q' and 'z' keys in SB). I did set my Y-axis response curve fairly high, but no luck.

• Members

One other user reports that his TrackIR started working once that he switched into fullscreen mode. Since then it also works in Windowed mode for him. I don't know if that is still of relevance for your case (since it seems to be the F9 thing), but I wanted to let other readers know about this.

DarkAngel hit the nail on the head. I needed to update the list of games recognized by TrackIR. Now it works fine...

...except that it appears the F7 and F9 keys no longer work to change position to TC and driver, respectively, even though the Controls (Alt+C) dialog still shows F7 and F9 as the relevant position commands. I can still use the drop-down menu to move to these positions, If I remap these commands to different keys, the new keys do work.

Curiously, at least when I am in-game, when I open the Controls dialog, I cannot remap the TC and Driver position keys back to F7 or F9. Also, it appears that the F9 key functions to enable/disable TrackIR (meaning that if TrackIR is on and I press F9, the program no longer responds to head movement. If I press F9 again, TrackIR starts working again. So, it seems like the F7 and F9 key commands have been reserved by the program, at least when TrackIR is running.

Yeah you need to make an SB profile in TIR. I would offer mine but I have a logitech gaming KB and have mapped them to Gkeys.

Thanks, yes, I did create a new profile for SB

The Q-Z behavior was removed. It wasn't exactly intuitive and kept messing up with the lean in and out(sensor height change causing Y movement).

:( I liked the idea of using the Y axis to button/unbutton. Oh well.

A suggestion for future versions: using the zoom in function (Z axis) while looking directly at an optic (GPS, GAS, peri) activates the optic view (F2/F3). Zooming out (leaning back) pulls you back into eye view (F1). I think that would really add to the immersion factor of the 3D interiors.

• Members
You need to change the hotkeys in TrackIR as it by default it uses those function keys and does not pass them along to SB.

Correct. Ideally we'll (or somebody will) submit a 'SB' trackIR profile to naturalpoint to push out with their game updates, so these problems will be a thing of the past. There just has not been time to do that before the release, and IMO it was not worth delaying..

I found using 'scroll lock' for pause/unpause and 'print screen' key for recentering a good alternative

Here's a 1 minute video I made to show how to make a profile and change those keys:

ItBcaRY0VxI

I had already figured it out before my last post, but I'm sure the vid will come in handy for some other TrackIR newbies. (Maybe I shouldn't call myself a newbie, since I've had TrackIR for probably 6-7 years now. I just don't do much simming anymore except for SB and the occasional foray in to ArmA).