SB Pro PE 3.028 HotFix!

Gibsonm

No.

There are two executables.

One is 32Bit, the other is 64Bit.

If your OS is running 64Bit you only need the 64Bit one.

The reason why the baseline full install comes with both is so eSim doesn't have to make two multi Gb images to specifically cater for 32Bit or 64Bit users.

The baseline install gives you a 32Bit and 64Bit version.

If you are only ever going to use 64Bit, you can delete the 32Bit executable from the baseline and only replace the 64Bit executable when you apply the hotfix from 3.027 to 3.038.

The only other reason why you might want to retain the 32Bit version is to play with someone else who can only run 32Bit (all the machines in a given session need to be running the same version [3.025 vs 3.027 vs 3.028, etc.] and the same 32Bit or 64Bit configuration).

Ok I'm running a fever right now and my brain is running slow. If I'm reading the release notes correctly , since I'm running Win 10 64bit I need to extract both executable files into the game folder. Right?

I think the key word is "NEED". As Gibsonm described above you don't NEED to do both if you're just using 64 bit, but there is no reason NOT to just dump them both into the game folder. Just as easy to dump them both and carry on.

• Members
No.

No!

...you wrote it yourself:

The [...] reason why you might want to retain the 32Bit version is to play with someone else who can only run 32Bit (all the machines in a given session need to be running the same version [3.025 vs 3.027 vs 3.028, etc.] and the same 32Bit or 64Bit configuration).

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...