UK Armour resumes operations

Tjay

Now that the evenings are drawing in, UK Armour will recommence operations on Sunday 27 September. Assembly time will be 18:00 GMT (currently 19:00 British Summer Time). When the clocks go back one hour in October, we will move to 19:00GMT.

We have moved the assembly time forward from the previous 20:00 in an attempt to attract players from Western Europe in the GMT+1/2/3 time zones for whom 20:00 often resulted in an uncomfortably late finish for a Sunday night. But of course, we are happy to see anyone from anywhere in the world for whom that time slot is practical.

Please note that 19:00 is the assembly time; game start time will be no later than 19:30. Initially, scenarios will be decided during that half hour period, depending on numbers.

UKA is no longer a 'membership' V.U. All are welcome to drop in. Newbies are particularly welcome and will be treated considerately and not 'dropped in the deep end'. Every effort will be make to provide personalised training sessions at other times if requested.

I hope to see you there.

Newbies are particularly welcome and will be treated considerately and not 'dropped in the deep end'. Every effort will be make to provide personalised training sessions at other times if requested.

I hope to see you there.

Yep I'm a newbie, never tried multiplayer but with UK timings I would like to give it a bash.

Herbs

Yep I'm a newbie, never tried multiplayer but with UK timings I would like to give it a bash.

Herbs

Great Herbs. We look forward to seeing you. Steel Beasts can be a steep learning curve, but you are bound to learn a lot faster with people around to help. And most people find multiplayer more fun and more satisfying than solo, offline play by about a factor of 100. :)

UKA has always had a policy when it come to asking questions, that the only stupid question is the one you don't ask for fear of looking foolish. I'll chose a fairly simple scenario for this first session and put you under the protective wing of Crusty as his No 2.

Sounds fun, I'll see if I have time to drop by.

Hope you can make it.

It would be helpful if anyone planning to attend who is new to UKA could send Crusty and myself a brief (just a few lines) PM about your experience/expertise in SB. Could save a bit of time on the night.

New to UKA unit or its members? Think I do not need to send a PM, my reputation precedes me :cool3:

Yes it does KT (you come with impeccable references) :)

New guys only need to get on contact, it's just so we can gauge what equipment they're used to so we can try to run something that'll make their experience of getting online for the first time a bit easier, no use running CR2's if they've only done the Leo1 tutorials.

Spot on Mark; thanks for doing that. May I be cheeky and ask you to add this bit (or words to the same effect):

We have moved the assembly time forward from the previous 20:00 in an attempt to attract players from Western Europe in the GMT+1/2/3 time zones for whom 20:00 often resulted in an uncomfortably late finish for a Sunday night. But of course, we are happy to see anyone from anywhere in the world for whom that time slot is practical.

as I'm keen to emphasize that despite the name we are not on overly UK-centric V.U and very much welcome players from Western Europe.

Many thanks.