What tank would you pick to be playable

Marko

Just to clarify not trying to influence Esims future development in any way.

Or start any disagreement about which MBT should be chosen.

Generally interested to see what is the most popular choice for a new playable tank would Be. the list is in no particular order I just listed as many options as I could think of.

CR-1

Chieftain

Centurion

M-60

M48

AMX-30

Leclerc

c1 ariete

T-64

T-80

T-90

T-55/54

Merkava 1/2/3 pick one

Strv 103

Feel free to add to the list. I tried to make a poll but it did work for some reason.

Plus what do you think your choice would add to the sim.

The playable T-72 was a game changer IMO, it allowed players to see how difficult it was for soviet/ Warsaw pact crews To Take on modern western tanks.

I think a playable centurion or M-60 would open up many middle eastern.

Campaigns.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We already have a whislist thread...

But none of those.

I would want the Jaguar-1 tank hunter :-P

The wish list covers a multitude of things.

I am interested in what is the most sort after MBT currently not implemented

If I remember correctly wasn't there a none playable jaguar-1 in the original SB.

Are you looking for the version with the cannon or the milan ATGM.

This right here.

If I'm not looking down the gunners site, then im outside of the hatch or in the map. Besides, theres not much going on inside the tank anyway.

+2

I remember posting a thread a long time ago about the same subject.

As much as I marvel at some of the well modelled turret interiors currently in game.

If I was asked what would I prefer, that level of detail or more playable types I would chose The latter. Take the CR-2 still one of my favourites models in game even with out a detailed interior as others have posted most of the time your looking through your sights or are looking through binoculars trying to spot the opfor shooting at you.

This right here.

If I'm not looking down the gunners site, then im outside of the hatch or in the map. Besides, theres not much going on inside the tank anyway.

+1

3D insides are nice and for the profesonal user have some (very limited) training value. For us "gamers" there are "only" eye candy or an immersion factor.

Leclerc. Because its different from all other western tanks. It has autoloader that is not fragile. It has 12,7 coax! Its also very high tech tank, and it has cool primary sight for gunner.

M1A2 SEP could get improvements. Start procedure cannot be done for it in SB. Many switches and buttons lacking functionality. In other vehicles like Centauro almost all switches works.

M1A2 SEP could get a CROWS2, but its a lot of work. Giving it optional ERA would be nice (let the mission editor chose if the ERA is enabled). Also giving it STAFF ammo would be nice, even when this ammo is not in use.

CR2 could get a fully functional interior.

Would be nice to see some playable T-72 variants with ATGM! Also i'd like to see variants with SOSNA-U sight.

Merkava 4, because its also different, and it can carry troops! No more ducky bush crossing, those guys will protect you!

with or without 3D interiors.

I don't find that 2D or sight/vision block only views detract that much from my experience.

Oh men, you are funny. In SB systems modelling is important. You have to look at the switches, buttons and indicators inside vehicles. You can usually press buttons by keyboard but its hard to remember all keys. And without 3D view you cannot verify state of the switches and indicators.

Also 3D interior adds a lot of immersion.

Oh men, you are funny. In SB systems modelling is important. You have to look at the switches, buttons and indicators inside vehicles. You can usually press buttons by keyboard but its hard to remember all keys. And without 3D view you cannot verify state of the switches and indicators.

Also 3D interior adds a lot of immersion.

You do not look a switches in real life. So to me this is not an important factor in SB.

Everyone has his likes..."switchologie" is not one of mine.

What is so different in the Leclerc other than the auto loader/3 man crew?:confused:

Well, nowadays there is no big differences between the differents tanks. The only big difference only resides in the condition of the fire-on-the-move function and the refinement of the FCS.

-The Leclerc had been built around the concept of firing on the move.

This function is nominal by balancing the gun, the turret and minimizing the vibration of the hull.

Each time the armor packages have been changed or each time a heavy component has been installed the balance of the turret has been re-evaluated and counter balanced to minimize inertia.

-The FCS itself maximise the chances to get a first round hit. The handlebars inputs are filtered not to take into account the jitters induced by the gunner being shaken or just jerky aim.

The battlesight range is reduced to maximise the hit probability (the value used in the tank is called "hausse forfaitaire" and is inferior to the battlesight range which is calculated from the V0 and the ballistic behaviour of the ammunition)

The FCS includes different firing modes depending if the tank is on the move or not, if the target is on the move or not, etc.

There is also a "TRP" function that allows you to punctuate the landscape while you are stationnary. Once you've lased the different points of interest aiming in those areas introduce automatically the range without lasing.

Other than that, the other tanks pretty much catch up: electric turret drive, BMS, power management, etc.

And just what autoloader is fragile?

Just the one in the mind of the self proclamed tank experts...

Autoloaders, just like any other mechanical components are as reliable as the amount of maintenance put into it. In other words, if you let it rust in place don't expect it to be 100% reliable.

What is so different in the Leclerc other than the auto loader/3 man crew?:confused:

And just what autoloader is fragile?

I mean that in Russian tanks autoloader ammo magazine is not protected. Ammo often burns up and sometimes even explodes. Leclerc has protected autoloader magazine so it do not turn whole tank into oven.

You probably love to be burnt like a turkey in oven, maybe you just are from Turkey??? Just a joke anyway ;-)

Its the only Western tank with autoloader. And it also has unusual 12,7 coax.

You do not look a switches in real life. So to me this is not an important factor in SB.

So you probably never know if you use last or first return for a LRF while in Abrams (its not displayed in GPS if its last or first, you have to look at switch). Also you probably never know if your turret drive is in emergency or normal mode (at least until you move and see lack of stab). Also there are much more examples i could give.

I remember a story of an Abrams tanker. AFAIK it was in IRAQ. He fired a gun at a guy with RPG, he do not looked at the switch and he fired main gun instead of COAX. Real tankers MUST look at the switches, they MUST know what kind of weapon and ammo is selected. Otherwise all the ammo would miss (wrong type of round indexed) and they would fire COAX on enemy tanks.

Tanks like all complicated machines have switches. And we are here to use them. If somebody do not like using those switches and buttons he probably will like arcade tank games without any switches, fire control systems and knowledge requirements :D

It takes time to learn all those things, but its fun, is better then using only one button, the fire button... ...Just like it is in arcade games.

Switches the bitches ;-) Yes thats what makes SB PRO PE different from WOT, you will not find any switches in WOT.

We also desperately need (from OPFOR perspective) a BMP-1 and/or BMP-2.

NO! Please first give us BMP-3!

I can't wait to use the only IFV in the world that has both, a gun, and an autocannon. It also has a normal coax + 2 additional MGs for troops in forward compartment.

And first of all it has ATGM launched from cannon! AFAIK it has 5 clicks range.

And this bitch has a thermal, unlike earlier BMPs.

So you probably never know if you use last or first return for a LRF while in Abrams (its not displayed in GPS if its last or first, you have to look at switch). Also you probably never know if your turret drive is in emergency or normal mode (at least until you move and see lack of stab). Also there are much more examples i could give.

I remember a story of an Abrams tanker. AFAIK it was in IRAQ. He fired a gun at a guy with RPG, he do not looked at the switch and he fired main gun instead of COAX.

Tanks like all complicated machines have switches. And we are here to use them. If somebody do not like using those switches and buttons he probably will like arcade tank games without any switches, fire control systems and knowledge requirements :D

It takes time to learn all those things, but its fun, is better then using only one button, the fire button... ...Just like it is in arcade games.

Switches the bitches ;-) Yes thats what makes SB PRO PE different from WOT, you will not find any switches in WOT.

Those switches are "3D" objects IRL. When you are propperly trained you know where they are and in what position they must be. You do not take you eyes of the gunners sight to operate them.

You can not learn the "coordinatetes" of switch and position from a computer simulation. Only training in a real turret(or a replica) can do that. So appart from a quick introduction of: where is what or how looks what, the 3D interior is a very limited value in my p.o.v.

Those things you need to do with eyes on, are in most cases not part of SB (at least not the PE version)

And what happens is the story of a main gun fired instead of COAX i told you one post before.

Look at the switch or you're bitch :bigsmile: Just a joke anyway...

Nobody is perfect, when u forget what is position of the switch bad things happens. So you have to look at it when u are not sure about its position.