Top Tank Platoon 2012-2015 interest

Volcano

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, I believe that you can have backups if you need to use them.

Actually, it would probably be a good idea for the team Captains to identify one or two spares in case someone from the original roster can't make it for a game.

Is this allowed? I didn't see anything in the rules about something like this. But wouldn't this defeat the purpose of the points being taken away from missing a member for a match? It would be nice to have backup members so hopefully we can.

Edited by dta delta

• Moderators

Ok got it Duke and LAN, I updated the wiki page (TTP 2016 page). Please let me know if I made a mistake with your teams.

As for "alternate players", the way it works is this:

You pick a team to start with. You MUST play with those players, because only those players are officially recognized and technically there are no alternate players per se, but there are replacements because real life does happen. It works like this: after the tournament begins, if one or more team mates can no longer participate then let me know who it is and who you want to replace them with. Once the roster is updated on the wiki page, THEN that new person can participate (the old person is wiped from the roster along with their score). Once someone is replaced, then they cannot return to the team later. It sort of defeats the purpose.

So, in other words, once the tournament starts then you keep who you have, but you CAN replace people during the tournament as long as you notify me before doing so and as long as they are officially recognized on the roster. Simply put: if they aren't on the TTP 2016 wiki page, then they are not officially recognized and cannot participate. You cannot just scrape together a team right before playing the match, the emphasis being that you are a actual team and not a patchwork of whoever is hanging around.

Also, FYI, if some team members do not show up then you play with the people who you have (you can play with just one person if you have to, but that means you will only have one tank to play with also -- there is an event text at start of mission that asks how many players have shown up). If you select that you have more players than actually showed up then it will be a forfeit loss when I see it.

Probably more than you wanted to know, but I wanted to be thorough. If there are any questions then please let me know (but please read the rules page as most, if not all, is stated there).

Also, it sure would like it if a few more teams can be thrown together. It seems like we have several teams missing people or are incomplete, it doesn't make sense to me why we can't patch some teams together, playground style. ;)

Six days remaining before jousting commences... :drink:

Sounds good :luxhello:, Tango29 might also be interested.
Hi 12A

You are very welcome to join the UKA team if you'd like as two of the original players seem to have been abducted by aliens - or something similar. Please let me know as soon as you can.

Tjay,

If you've got a slot available I'd be glad to join UKA. Happy as well to be a backup if you already have enough players.:bigsmile:

Tjay,

If you've got a slot available I'd be glad to join UKA. Happy as well to be a backup if you already have enough players.:bigsmile:

You are confirmed in the No 3 slot Sir! Now alll I have to do is get one of the Crazy Danes to step up to the 4th slot.

• Moderators

FYI, two changes made:

1. I am going to be disabling the GPS system on the Leopard 2A5 (actually all tanks). We wouldn't want an unfair no map update advantage now would we?

2. I had the wrong KE ammo on the Leopard 2A5, fixed now. Minor difference, the ammo types were slightly adjusted (not much different, 40mm less, was supposed to be KEW not KEW-A1 - being identical to CR2 ammo). TTP 2016 page updated.

If anyone wants to re-select your tank type then you have a full week to do so. I may make other changes before we start, but nothing else yet. All during this week I will be evaluating the the tanks and maps for fairness. There shouldn't be any complaints regarding the changes since I am giving everyone a chance to change your choices.

Edited by Volcano

• Moderators

OK, but remember that he cannot participate unless you let me know that he is replacing someone else before a match, and then he will replace that person for the rest of the tournament. What I mean is, he isn't on standby to hang around if someone doesn't show up (as a "reserve" implies) but he can be your first go-to person when someone on you team throws in the towel. Other than that, I do not keep a list of people who aren't on the teams.

Anyway, I just wanted explain in order to avoid any potential confusion that may exist there. ;)

OK, but remember that he cannot participate unless you let me know that he is replacing someone else before a match, and then he will replace that person for the rest of the tournament.

Is there any reason why, if a team member just can't make it on one particular date, that the reserve can't stand in for him on a 'one off' basis?

• Moderators
Is there any reason why, if a team member just can't make it on one particular date, that the reserve can't stand in for him on a 'one off' basis?

I described this in post #79. But basically, it is because it is based on an idea of set teams, not alternates, not gathering up who is available at the time. If someone needs to be replaced, then that can happen, but it is permanent. Otherwise why not have a group of 8 guys just hanging around as needed? It isn't fair to the other teams.