Puzzled: Where did the mouse pointer go?

PaleRider

I'm wanting to play SB in full screen mode. When I go through the Options menu to the Display sub menu and choose Full Screen mode I lose the availability to see the mouse pointer. I know its there because if I cross over a selection in the menu area it will highlight that selection. What do I need to do to see the mouse pointer, or am I stuck using the Windowed mode? I'm running Windows 7.

• Members

Sometimes it helps to switch back to windowed mode (Alt+W, may take a few seconds), and then to resize the window. Afterwards try and see if switching back to fullscreen mode (in the Options|Display menu) still makes the mouse pointer disappear.

It may be a graphics driver issue, as a possible other source of trouble.

Sometimes it helps to switch back to windowed mode (Alt+W, may take a few seconds), and then to resize the window. Afterwards try and see if switching back to fullscreen mode (in the Options|Display menu) still makes the mouse pointer disappear.

It may be a graphics driver issue, as a possible other source of trouble.

Okay, I'll see what happens! Thanks Ssnake!

Well I figured out what the problem is/was. I have a BenQ XL2720Z monitor and to make everything on the internet fit the screen full sized, I have to use the magnifier at 150%. So when I want to play SB I have to decrease the size to 125%. Kind of a pain in the butt, but at least I know what to do so I can now play SB on full screen!

• Members

Okay, good to know that this can happen.

We know that Steel Beasts can't handle dpi scaling but I never thought it would do THAT. In any case, this part of the code is scheduled for replacement, but it's one of these other "major plumbing" jobs that I described in other posts and threads - important, difficult to do, therefore slow, and in the end not very noticeable to the end-uder (except for cases lik this).

The good news is we have already started to work on this. The bad, it won't be ready for the next PE release.

• 2 weeks later...
I'm wanting to play SB in full screen mode. When I go through the Options menu to the Display sub menu and choose Full Screen mode I lose the availability to see the mouse pointer. I know its there because if I cross over a selection in the menu area it will highlight that selection. What do I need to do to see the mouse pointer, or am I stuck using the Windowed mode? I'm running Windows 7.

Windows 10 has problems with a lot of games in FULL screen mode.. I have quite a few titles with this problem.. If you run in WINDOWED mode OR can change the mouse option to hardware mouse in the game options, it works fine..

The devs will need to update the way they handle the mouse cursor but for now, changing to windowed mode will solve it..