Crewable vehicle mega poll

MDF

ok mister picky:clin:

cancel AAA and CEV

ill go for M60 varients

BTR 60

Marder 1a3

:)

Sorry to be a PITA, but please look closely at the list and make sure that you only pick the exact things on there (for example, there is no "Stryker variants" choice, because each Stryker vehicle has a distinctly different role), and that your total votes come to 10 or less. To that end, it helps to use the exact format I set forth in my original post (or, for example, Rotar's post immediately following your last).

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Holy shit people are retarded sometimes. You have 10 POINTS to SHARE in TOTAL of all the vehicles. so

etc is wrong.

and

=15 is wrong as well. If you do not fill it out correctly it will give paladin a headache to figure it out or your vote wont even be there. So do it the right way or not at all.

Here is my list:

[5] Marder 1A3

[5] BvS-10 (Its actually Bvs 10 Mk IIb config, in Sweden called Bandvagn 410)

"Would you accept crewable vehicles with low-resolution 3D interiors (similar to the Challenger 2 and Scimitar crew positions)?" YES

/KT

Edited by Kingtiger

KT, don't get wound up. Thats normal.

I was "election helper"(observing the vote and then counting the votes) for the city council election.

People had 14votes each and could spread or accumulate them on parly lists or individual council candidates they want to vote for.

Counting showed that quiete a great number of people didn't understand this system. Either they realy dont get it. .or they don't take the time to read the instructions.

Holy shit people are retarded sometimes.

Just sometimes? As for reading the instructions, you know the old saying, 'Want to keep something secret? Put it on a noticeboard. Want to spread some information as widely as possible? Tell your closest friend and swear them to secrecy' :)

Holy shit people are retarded sometimes. You have 10 POINTS to SHARE in TOTAL of all the vehicles. so

etc is wrong.

and

=15 is wrong as well. If you do not fill it out correctly it will give paladin a headache to figure it out or your vote wont even be there. So do it the right way or not at all.

Here is my list:

[5] Marder 1A3

[5] BvS-10 (Its actually Bvs 10 Mk IIb config, in Sweden called Bandvagn 410)

"Would you accept crewable vehicles with low-resolution 3D interiors (similar to the Challenger 2 and Scimitar crew positions)?" YES

/KT

Then the instructions were either poorly written or overly complex. Especially if many folks are voting wrong. Maybe the OP should have applied the K.I.S.S. principle, since there are so many dolts among us? :heu:

Then the instructions were either poorly written or overly complex. Especially if many folks are voting wrong. Maybe the OP should have applied the K.I.S.S. principle, since there are so many dolts among us? :heu:

How would you have written it differently?

How would you have written it differently?

I would have used the example Kingtiger used. That was pretty clear. After I read it I realized that I and a few others had done the poll wrong.

BTW...I re-did my voting list. I know one thing...voting this way would guarantee Hillary gets elected. :shocked:

I would have used the example Kingtiger used. That was pretty clear. After I read it I realized that I and a few others had done the poll wrong.

BTW...I re-did my voting list. I know one thing...voting this way would guarantee Hillary gets elected. :shocked:

Hmmm... What is present in KT's post that is not apparent from my original post? Not only did I explain the poll mechanism, but I gave an exact example of the response format. That seemed to do little good. Kingtiger's explication of what not to do is useful, but only when read in conjunction with my original post explaining what to do. But including such counterexamples would only have made my original post even more complex.

EDIT: just to add that, as the person who interprets the responses and tabulates the votes, it's in my interest to ensure that the poll explanation is as clear as possible. But someone has to demonstrate how the OP would be unclear to someone who actually reads it in full (or at least the first 2/3rds of it). If the problem is that people aren't reading it, adding KT's counterexamples will only exacerbate matters.

Anyway, I will rearrange the OP and add a brief clarification (hopefully) to see if it improves matters, although I suspect that most of the people who intend to respond have already done so.

Edited by MDF

Hmmm... What is present in KT's post that is not apparent from my original post? Not only did I explain the poll mechanism, but I gave an exact example of the response format. That seemed to do little good. Kingtiger's explication of what not to do is useful, but only when read in conjunction with my original post explaining what to do. But including such counterexamples would only have made my original post even more complex.

EDIT: just to add that, as the person who interprets the responses and tabulates the votes, it's in my interest to ensure that the poll explanation is as clear as possible. But someone has to demonstrate how the OP would be unclear to someone who actually reads it in full (or at least the first 2/3rds of it). If the problem is that people aren't reading it, adding KT's counterexamples will only exacerbate matters.

Anyway, I will rearrange the OP and add a brief clarification (hopefully) to see if it improves matters, although I suspect that most of the people who intend to respond have already done so.

Two things:

1. It appears there was more than just me that goofed it up.

2. People tend to not read "a wall of words". In all things....K.I.S.S. :wink2:

Two things:

1. It appears there was more than just me that goofed it up.

2. People tend to not read "a wall of words". In all things....K.I.S.S. :wink2:

But there's the dilemma. Kingtiger's post, viewed in isolation, is insufficient to explain how the poll works. So, first I have to explain how it works. Then, in your view, I also have to explain how it doesn't work (a la Kingtiger's post). Now the "wall of words" is even taller -- so much for K.I.S.S.

Half of the respondents got it right without any further clarification from me. You haven't explained what was unclear and caused you to "goof up." You've merely hinted that it was too long for you to want to read. If that's the case, then I'll ask you again: what should have been omitted and/or added to the original post to shorten it while conveying the essential information?

Look, I don't want to make a big deal out of this. I wasn't exasperated by the nonconforming responses like Kingtiger was :) I suspect that Tjay's remark above aptly sums up an inescapable aspect of the human condition.