M-51

M-48

M-60

BMR600

BMP1

BMP2

Centurion

T-64

Hi Stratos, BMR-600 wasn;t originally on the list, but given that it was produced in significant numbers, I've added it to the list. For the record, I also did the same thing earlier with the USSR BRM-1.

Also, I assume that "M-51" means M-551 Sheridan, and "Centurion" means "Any Centurion variant." Also, did you mean the original T-64, or "Any USSR T-64 variant"?

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My favorite tank of all time is the M60A1 as modeled by Tamiya in 1/35 when I was in the first grade. It was the 2nd plastic model I had built (an MPC 1/72 B-17G being the first). I recently picked up SABOW during a steam sale, so I finally have a decent sim/game based on the M60A1. But it isn't in the Cold War setting I would prefer.

A Steel Beasts M60A1 modeled as well as the M1 would be my preference, but I would gladly accept any variant of the M60 made crewable. The external-only M60A3 presently available would be a great alternative as a crewable vehicle (even at lo-res). I would also enjoy the challenge of employing the M60A2.

My favorite tank of all time is the M60A1 as modeled by Tamiya in 1/35 when I was in the first grade. It was the 2nd plastic model I had built (an MPC 1/72 B-17G being the first). I recently picked up SABOW during a steam sale, so I finally have a decent sim/game based on the M60A1. But it isn't in the Cold War setting I would prefer.

A Steel Beasts M60A1 modeled as well as the M1 would be my preference, but I would gladly accept any variant of the M60 made crewable. The external-only M60A3 presently available would be a great alternative as a crewable vehicle (even at lo-res). I would also enjoy the challenge of employing the M60A2.

OK, but I can't include you in the poll unless you submit something as set forth in the original post.:)

Low-detail interiors: Yes, if FCS within GPS would be simulated accurately (as is the case with the Challanger 2).

[4] T-72M4 CZ

[3] BMP-2 IFV

[2] Any Cold War T-64 variant

[1] Any Cold War M60 variant

(Numbers in brackets are indeed points, I just sorted them descending.)

Why/Rationale:

• T-72M4's FCS is easy to implement due to similarity w/ Centauro and would give SB a hi-end T-72 variant.
  • BMP-2 because so far, it's impossible for the OpFor to crew any 30mm/rapid fire cannon platform directly; it terms of playability, it would be the same for RedFor as when BluFor got their crewable Bradleys.
  • T-64 because it would enable conteporary Ukraine and Cold War "Proryvnyj platoons" scenarios
  • M60 for the scenarios where even the baseline M1 is unfair to the poor OpFor and to make many scenarios with only M60-equipped BluFor playable.

The response to the poll has been fairly anemic so the results are not particularly valid, but here are the top vehicles so far:

[Votes] Vehicle

[17] Marder 1A3

[14] BMP-2

[13] Any USSR BMP variant

[9] Any Leclerc variant

[8] Any Cold-War Marder variant

[8] Any USSR T-64 variant

[8] Any USSR T-80 variant

[7] T-72M4

[7] M1A2 SEP v3

[6] Any T-90 variant

[5] BvS-10

[5] Any Challenger 1 variant

[5] Any Cold War M2/M3 variant

[4] Any Centurion variant

[4] M2A3

[4] Any M-48 variant

[4] M60A3 TTS

[4] BMP-1

The response to the poll has been fairly anemic so the results are not particularly valid, but here are the top vehicles so far:

[Votes] Vehicle

[17] Marder 1A3

[14] BMP-2

[13] Any USSR BMP variant

[9] Any Leclerc variant

[8] Any Cold-War Marder variant

[8] Any USSR T-64 variant

[8] Any USSR T-80 variant

[7] T-72M4

[7] M1A2 SEP v3

[6] Any T-90 variant

[5] BvS-10

[5] Any Challenger 1 variant

[5] Any Cold War M2/M3 variant

[4] Any Centurion variant

[4] M2A3

[4] Any M-48 variant

[4] M60A3 TTS

[4] BMP-1

The results of my far less sophisticated poll are as follows.

Poll 1

The M-60 topped the poll for a playable addition, But most members agree that a more modern/potent threat Soviet tank would be a good addition

Poll 2

Playable IFV addition to the new update.

The BMP-2 won but it beat the Marder by one vote.

Poll 3

What New Artillery system would you pick for the next update.

The PZH 200 topped the poll

But the MLRS came a very close second