T34 vs Tiger demo is out...

smithcorp

And some more...

t3408.jpg

Russkie troops advancing on the German-held town with AT gun postion (this brassed up two of my flanking T34s before I could level it)

t3409.jpg

I snuck up on this PZ4 and nailed him with whatever special ammo is shown green in the screen (Tungsten?). After two shots into the turret ring it popped and blew up.

t3410.jpg

I managed to advance and outdraw his mate - you can see the entry hole from my first shot, to the left of his main gun

t3411.jpg

Looking out over the taken village from the commander's position

t3412.jpg

A dead PZ4

Hope you enjoyed them. Despite being an alpha demo, it runs really well, no crashes or too many quirks (though friendly AI tanks aren't very braze or effective against other armour).

smith

I remember in the past session, i see a commander cupola of a Pz IV behind a small wooden house in the village; two shots of the first type of bullet (HE?) in the house and the turret of the PzIV become visible, another two shots and the turret blow up.

Whats you opinion about the damage modelling? and ballistic?

Saluti :-)

I really the modeling of dead tanks track that are thrown , turrets knocked of holes in the armor. Also the intereur of the gunner you can see the gun recoil and the brach closes after a round is loaded. not to mention the suspension. Really would love to see that in sbp some day. But i guess thats just wishfull thinking.

If this is the alpha and you guys are already impressed, frame rates are decent etc., then this is indeed promising. The terrain looks pretty good. I wonder how big (typically) a map is with respect to what a typical scenario is played on.

I'd be in heaven if I could do some WW2 tanking this winter right along side my modern tanking with SBPE.

Thanks for the screenshots.

In what manner?

I just changed all "Arcade" into "Simulator" and the game still runs ;)

But here is also stuff about the joystick calibration in this script and rainer in the simHQ.com forum wrote that this feature was disabled:

Joystick and TrackIR weren't implemented in alpha!

So im not realy shure if this change anything. In the mission you shoot all the time at point blank. So i think its hard to see.

Does anyone here got the Tiger into the map? My cat still stuck in "nomans Land" under the map. :(

I've tried this demo and the other Russian WWII tank sim demo (Steel Fury) and my hardware must be too old because I'm getting low, jerky fps especially on T34 vs Tiger. Also, I don't know whether it's the way my display is setup but the terrain looks a horrible lurid green (and in SF has lots of shimmery pixels). My system runs SB Pro at a nice steady 25-40 fps at 1600x1200 res (and all the settings for my card maxed out) with 40+ vehicles on the map and it looks great. But T34 vs Tiger is averaging 14 fps (and the demo is a small-scale scenario). I'd be interested to know what sort of spec people getting it to run smoothly have got. Here's mine

P4 3.2 Ghz Prescott-2M

1024 Mb DDR Ram

Geforce 6800 GT 256 Mb

I realise that alpha demos may not reflect the way the final product runs.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I got this a week or two ago.For what its worth here's my take on the game.Visually,its great,nice tanks and scenery along with damage effects(apart from the holes in the side of the tracks,looks like a spray painted bit of perspex hung over the wheels)Good sounds and ambient atmosphere.Mission wise, some good ideas but once played and completed it leaves little to tempt you back.Its not too difficult to play or complete,apart from not being able to go any further than the 6th german mission!(keep getting CTD)Ok it has a few bugs but then what game doesnt?I do think however that the Missions AI could be varied so that youre not playing the same mission with the enemy in the same spot as last time you played the mission.To sum up,its not bad but then again its not going to set the Tank sim world alight quite yet!

Hence why i'm getting SBP Pe:biggrin: