Combat Miss Blk Sea

mpow66m

If you enjoy modern warfare then absolutely. I'm weary of the stock missions though. the maps are too small, and modern weaponry has such range that it makes any kind of maneuver nearly impossible. However, the random mission generator is great - especially when you can customize every vehicle in your formation.

One day I wish for SB to have infantry as capable as CM for purposes of commanding and movement.

the maps are too small

Absolutely and were in CM:SF too.

But they have "technical issues" with applying the level of detail / clutter to realistic maps.

Also there are issues with scenario loading times, etc. with larger maps.

Its really only good for PL or PL(+) but people want to squeeze BGs/TFs in there.

• Members

...because in the original Combat Mission series you could easily fit an entire infantry battalion plus some armor detachments into a scenario. Since Shock Force they have considerably downscaled that in the pursuit of a (needless, IMO) real-time mode.

If you enjoy modern warfare then absolutely. I'm weary of the stock missions though. the maps are too small, and modern weaponry has such range that it makes any kind of maneuver nearly impossible. However, the random mission generator is great - especially when you can customize every vehicle in your formation.

One day I wish for SB to have infantry as capable as CM for purposes of commanding and movement.

Well, I will remain loyal to Steel Beasts, after all I came here because of a support issue with my copy of Shock Force.