spanish Leopardo 2E

oscar19681

Hey i know that every new vehicle we get is a good thing and we get them because the Militairy customers get them but we allready have 3 version of the leopard 2 in sbp and yes i love them. But what makes the leo 2E so different (appart from the l55 gun and spanish labels in the interieur) from the strv122?

:yltype:

The most significant differences between the Leopardo 2E and the Leopard 2A5DK in SB Pro are
  • L55 barrel with corresponding ballistics changes. Aside from the higher muzzle velocity of all rounds it is said to reduce the shot dispersion in comparison to the L44 gun.
  • Two magnifications in optical channel (like M1)
  • Commander has a touch cable above the vision blocks. Pull the cable (we will probably let you click it or hit a hotkey while you're looking through the vision block), and the peri will rotate to that direction. You could then override the gunner if there was a threat, or always have the peri where you last looked through the vision block.
  • Protection values like the Strv 122 (no changes for the hull, but crew protection against bomblet ammunition (might still kill your engine or ammo though)
  • Spanish labels on all instruments... well, I guess you kinda figured that already

What i really meant was. Why another leo2? I know its because the militairy costumer want them. But i really would love esim focusing on for example the m1a2. Oh well i guess this reply might just as well be in the ideas list.

You just asked and answered your own question, Bravo!

They not only want their own version, they pay for their own version.

And stop whining,start doing your own M1A2, collect the info needed and images needed and give to Esimgames, that way you have increased the odds for the M1A2 to appear in SBP instead of just being a boring whiner.

/KT

Regardless of the actual costs to implement a particular feature, there will also be opportunity costs, relating to work which cannot be simultaneously performed and which may be much, much higher. :eek2:

Particularly if relating to the timely completion of contract work...

I assume that if you could provide an order-book of similar size and value as one of the military customisations, then you would probably get a firm commitment from ESIM to implement your features of choice, within the framework of the existing commitments.

For a *lot* more money you might even get it tomorrow, but I don't think you'd agree that it would be worth the expense.

The T72 has been stated by Nils as being highly desirable, and a must have feature for the future...

As far as I know immediate customisation projects prevent the necessary time being available for it *now*, unless one of the militaries push it higher up their priority list. Once it has been done it will become available in the normal way through a patch/update.

Oh I hate those negative waves...

Send Ssnake a email instead of just hoping he will read this?

Fix a M1A2 3Dmodel, collect all the facts needed and just GIVE to esimgames and someday in the future Im sure they will implement it.

Maybe not tomorrow, but maybe for SB2 (when now that kicks of) they might then implement it to attract more US players to the sim.

And if they already have the model, the data and ewerything else they need when it comes up to wich vehicles to add to SB2 there is a big chance that they grab the M1A2 as its "available" and is just a modification of the M1A1 wich means they can cut down on some of the work of implementing it compared to a totally new vehicle

I want my PBV302 in the game, so now im learning to do 3D models, ive been away collecting data for it, have support for it and are in contact with active officers on it to refine the data I have, so that one day when esimgames have time over they can implement it as AI vehicle.

I work to get my dream come thrue - instead of just whining and bitching!

/KIT

• Members
Send Ssnake a email instead of just hoping he will read this?

You can take it almost for granted that I will continue to monitor a thread to which I have already replied.

Fix a M1A2 3Dmodel,

Not needed, actually.

collect all the facts needed and just GIVE to esimgames and someday in the future Im sure they will implement it.

I'm reasonably certain that we have a pretty good understanding of the M1A2. The beef would be in the FBCB2 which we have no desire in recreating (there are batter was to accomplish that).

Maybe not tomorrow, but maybe for SB2 (when now that kicks of) they might then implement it to attract more US players to the sim.

Just like the T-72, and M1A2 would be essential for the next game release. Ten variations of the Leopard and just the M1A1? No way.

Just like the T-72, and M1A2 would be essential for the next game release. Ten variations of the Leopard and just the M1A1? No way.

Thats exactly my point not that i dont like or enjoy all of the leo versions, I would just love to see a reasonable head to head in the m1a2 versus the leo 2a5 and other versions becuase now the m1a1 is basicly chanceless against the strv122

I would just love to see a reasonable head to head in the m1a2 versus the leo 2a5 and other versions becuase now the m1a1 is basicly chanceless against the strv122

mmm, and back in SB1 days the Leo2A4 was damn inferior for head to head, especially when it was handed DM33. Leo players made due and adapted after that.

I doubt you can find a balance of penetrator effectiveness that will do that.

The M1 currently has a very weak centre of mass, and even DM13 or BM15 are highly effective against the exposed profile.

The late model Leo2 have much smaller vulnerable zones, and M829A2/A3 is required to obtain a reasonable level of performance... but one that is available over almost the whole frontal armour.