Would you purchase a WW2 version.

Marko

Would you purchase a WW2 version of SB.  

69 members have voted

1. 1. Would you purchase a WW2 version of SB.

• Yes i would purchase a WW2 version of SB
    • No i would not purchase a WW2 version of SB
    • I mite depending on the price

Absolutely. In fact my "wet dream" is eSim games licencing the current SB engine - and then somebody make use of that in the form of a WW2 tank sim.

Me too,

I have often thought if I were in a position to make such a sim how would I go about it

It would not be possible to include every AFV produced in that time just to many.

what major battles would I include, IMO you would have to include air power ground attack aircraft etc. also anti tank guns its no minor task to build such a simulation. even though there are many elements already modelled/ programed

Such as the map/ mission editors terrain a lot of the commands not sure about the arty may be some types etc.

But that would still leave massive amounts of additions such as the armour values/ modelling a couple of dozen AFV's

etc,

Edited by Marko

If it were up to the same level of quality I would gladly pay $150 for it.

Rather than having a separate version, I'd like to see Pro PE open up some development to a second team and allow them to work on adding a WW2 mode to the existing Pro PE, or simply adding WW2 vehicles/weapons to Pro PE.

I'd love to have a good Panzer III/IV, Tiger I, and Panther simulator.

-4JQbgccR4Y

Nice work.

The panther T-34/ M4A4 would do nicely to start off with.

Again its just idol speculation on my behalf, but I would build up a WW2 version in increment's via every New update. Rather then go for a complete version mite work out to Be a more cost effective way of doing it. As for the missions etc.

I would encourage community participation. IMO the type of player who would want to play A high fidelity WW2 tank simulation, is also the type that would want to build missions skins etc. sort of a labour of love. LoL

Could be nice to dust off some artworks.

attachment.php?attachmentid=13371&stc=1&d=1415984429

attachment.php?attachmentid=13372&stc=1&d=1415984458

attachment.php?attachmentid=13373&stc=1&d=1415984458

[Artist: Dejawolf]

Man those look nice. I would love to see some WW2 stuff.

Problem is they are so busy with modern.

They would likely need to bring in help with a whole game/module. Perhaps they could just drop in the odd AFV from time to time like they do with the cold war stuff. Really, I see no reason not to - unless they are not interested in the time period.

Fire control programming would be much simpler and no problem with getting info.

Nice work.

The panther T-34/ M4A4 would do nicely to start off with.

Again its just idol speculation on my behalf, but I would build up a WW2 version in increment's via every New update. Rather then go for a complete version mite work out to Be a more cost effective way of doing it. As for the missions etc.

I would encourage community participation. IMO the type of player who would want to play A high fidelity WW2 tank simulation, is also the type that would want to build missions skins etc. sort of a labour of love. LoL

And a firefly :)

They would likely need to bring in help with a whole game/module. Perhaps they could just drop in the odd AFV from time to time like they do with the cold war stuff. Really, I see no reason not to - unless they are not interested in the time period.

Fire control programming would be much simpler and no problem with getting info.

That's the conclusion I came to as well. not financially viable to make a complete new sim

Based on WW2 armour. Not sure how it could be implemented but make add on DLC packs and Sell them separately using the PE version engine/set up .

If the first set of model's made sell well enough.

Build On it from there.

Its early days but the poll seems to indicate. a fifty fifty split in interest.

From the community.

Edited by Marko

well, the dev team is pretty much split down the middle on WW2.

Hi Marko,

create a war thunder/ WoT steelbeasts group and have fun.

Cheers

D u k e

Both are fun to play but have little or no fidelity.

War thunder is the better of the two.

Again I am not pushing this,

Only trying to gauge if there would be interest.

Ssnake has made Esims position clear on this subject.

And that's fair enough.

Just a thought.

IF esim would lease out the engine there you be some modest income for the company.

Then all thats needed is an entrepeneur with the money and skill available to use it to make a WWII sim to steelbeasts standarts.

Win win:

-a little extra earning for esim without binding core-resources

-a few jobs created on a different dev-team

-the WW2 fancrowd could get a high quality tank-sim

If Ssnake is willing, we only need to find someone with the skill, resources and guts to push through this kind of project :-P

Hell, there are allready 30 who want to buy it...so at 10.000€ a copy this would be do-able ;-)

Edited by Grenny

• Members

All the well-meaning suggestions for a solution are, sadly, based on only seemingly plausible assumptions which in turn create the false (but nevertheless damaging) impression that "eSim Games does not want".

I won't go into details, and I've already written multiple times why it's not an option for us. I know that I cannot prevent these discussions from returning like the monster of Loch Ness from time to time. Still, I wish that we could put this topic to rest. Under the prevailing circumstances of eSim Games as a business it's not gonna happen, period.

Just a thought.

IF esim would lease out the engine there you be some modest income for the company.

Then all thats needed is an entrepeneur with the money and skill available to use it to make a WWII sim to steelbeasts standarts.

Win win:

-a little extra earning for esim without binding core-resources

-a few jobs created on a different dev-team

-the WW2 fancrowd could get a high quality tank-sim

If Ssnake is willing, we only need to find someone with the skill, resources and guts to push through this kind of project :-P

Hell, there are allready 30 who want to buy it...so at 10.000€ copy this would do-able ;-)

You know Grenny they say sarcasm is the lowest form of wit. LoL

Ssnake, No hidden agenda here, thought I made that clear.

I was just interested if such a project would receive support.

I won't go into details, and I've already written multiple times why it's not an option for us. I know that I cannot prevent these discussions from returning like the monster of Loch Ness from time to time. Still, I wish that we could put this topic to rest. Under the prevailing circumstances of eSim Games as a business it's not gonna happen, period.
Ssnake, No hidden agenda here, thought I made that clear.

I was just interested if such a project would receive support.

Well he has just confirmed “again” that it wont happen.

So "no" such a project wont receive support.

Maybe you, and others, will stop asking now????