Advices needed

Metabaron

Hi everyone, just got SB pro PE a couple of days ago and it's a real pleasure to get back into a modern turret since SB1 :).

The sim is running smooth on my eyefinity configs :smilelove-1: and despite the annoying computer ai regarding the friendly forces ( like the tendancy to almost always getting stuck in woods... or going into rivers with a vehicule not made for it :shocked: ) the hardcore sim fan in me is fully enjoying it !!

After having tried unsuccessfully to get the informations in the different manuals or on the web, I need some advices about the support vehicules that are repairing/towing and rearming the platoons :

1- I understand that bringing a damaged vehicule near a M113 repair team will decrease the repair time needed, but how can I tow a damaged vehicule away from frontline with the M88A1 MRV team ? I saw nothing as such option from F8 or F5 view. So far that is :).

2- Once my tanks used all of their ammos, should bringing them close to a supply team start a resupply procedure (?) like it does with medic team and wounded crew ? I tried that in one mission but with no luck for the resupply side, wounded crewmen were healed but that's was all for the support.

3- I found no tutorials regarding the handling of the T72 - specially the gunnery part :diable: . Anything available or did I miss a file ?

Also does anyone have maybe a pdf file with all the cockpit buttons and commands translated in english ? I saw nothing in the SB folder :confused:.

Thanks for any help

3- I found no tutorials regarding the handling of the T72 - specially the gunnery part :diable: . Anything available or did I miss a file ?

Also does anyone have maybe a pdf file with all the cockpit buttons and commands translated in english ? I saw nothing in the SB folder :confused:.

Thanks for any help

Try the Steel Beasts Wiki ... :)

That's where I learned about the T72 ...

http://www.steelbeasts.com/sbwiki/index.php/T-72M1

Regards,

Doug

• Members
1- [...] how can I tow a damaged vehicule away from frontline with the M88A1 MRV team?

For now, in the 3D view click your vehicle icon in the lower right hand corner to open the context menu, then pick the "hitch vehicle..." command and guide the cursor over the target vehicle.

Drive to the new location, unhitch.

Rinse and repeat.

2- Once my tanks used all of their ammos, should bringing them close to a supply team start a resupply procedure (?)

Yes. You need to be relatively close, and you need to be patient, and you must not move. Try a "Stay" tactic with coild or herringbone formation, then eventually drive a truck into the middle which is either ammo or fuel transporter.

In the "Scenarios \ Demo" folder, find a file that demonstrates a refueling process in a forested area. Have a look at it in the mission editor, it should give you a hint how to do it.

Edited by Ssnake

1- I understand that bringing a damaged vehicule near a M113 repair team will decrease the repair time needed, but how can I tow a damaged vehicule away from frontline with the M88A1 MRV team ? I saw nothing as such option from F8 or F5 view. So far that is :).

Thanks for any help

There's a bunch of "guides" here:

http://www.steelbeasts.com/sbforums/showthread.php?t=16426

That will help (including one on the MRV / Recovery issue).

Edited by Gibsonm