Back and a bit behind and confused

Monkie

I haven't been around since before the 2.460 update. I see now there will be a 2.5 update and I'm interested in getting back into the game. Since I didn't purchase the 2.460 update what am I looking at to get back to 2.5? Will I need to purchase 2.46 + 2.5 to get back up to speed?

J

Another question. I have 2.370 installed as a beta install with 2.something installed along side it. What will I need to do after purchasing the 2.5 upgrade and how will it interact with the Beta?

Thanks

Well I suggest you upgrade the copy of "2.something" to 2.538 and delete the Beta as its been superceeded (by 2.460, 2.483 and soon 2.538).

Of course if you have room you could have a fresh install of 2.538 (in a unique directory) and end up with three copies on your machine, but two of them would be no longer current.

I don't think I can update the 2.262 to 2.46 or higher since I never purchased the upgrade. So 2.538 will not truly be an "upgrade" as it will be a complete new install? Thanks for the help in understanding this.

I think you can buy the 2.538 upgrade and leapfrog the earlier versions (that is, its not required to buy the intermediate upgrades) but I suggest you drop Ssnake an email to confirm that.

The same as 2.4x to 2.538.

From Ssnake in the 2.5x upgrade thread:

It depends. I don't want to preempt the official announcement, but we will offer a $25.- download only upgrade, a $30.- download plus DVD version. In addition those with secondary licenses may upgrade the secondary licenses for $5.- each. The exact procedure will be announced, so hold tight and don't bombard me with your inquiries just yet.