Problem with installation of Steel Beasts Pro PE!

Verdun1916

Hi guys!

Yesterday I recieved a most welcome package containing Steel Beast Pro PE that I ordered last week :)

So i opened up the manual and red the install instructions, put the cd in and started installing the game.

It took a while but finally I got to that happy place where you press the finish-button.

But as soon as I had done that an error-window appeared with the headline "MSIEXEC" followed by the text:

"Could not access the specified device, path or file. You may not have sufficient privileges to access the object."

I put in the dongle and tried to start the game but then anothor errorwindow appeared with the headline

"SBProPEce.exe: Start Error" and the text:

"CodeMeter runtime system is not installed!"

I've tried to both reinstall and repair the game using the on-cd .exe files and nothing works.

Please help me!

Max from Sweden

• Members

It sounds as if your installation disc was defective. The question is, do you want a replacement, or rather a free disc for version 2.6 when it comes out in December? Either way, please contact me by email, which is my forum name here @eSimGames.com

• 1 month later...

Its 12/11/11 ... if SB Pro PE is purchased in the next few weeks will the install disc have the latest version (2.6)?

Or will an older version arrive that will require patching/upgrading? (and if so, can somebody point to to a post on the upgrading process?)

thanks

• Members
Its 12/11/11 ... if SB Pro PE is purchased in the next few weeks will the install disc have the latest version (2.6)?

No. DVDs (and manuals) are out of stock and can be ordered only from about February on. Until then we will send out only CM sticks, nothing else.

The sticks, of course, will have a license for version 2.6...

Please excuse the stupidity. What is a CM stick?

Is it a flash drive aka memory stick aka thumb drive?

(CM is a Construction Manager in my world)

I may wait on the disc / manual packages. I'm one of the first to buy SB back in the early 2000's and I've played it ever since up to a year or so ago when the puter crashed.

thanks

• Members

...except that it has no storage space that the normal user can access, even though it, too, uses the generic USB mass storage device driver. It stores and manages software licenses in combination with the runtime software, which is the layer between application and operating system.

• Members

A solution for this has recentlys been published in one of the support forum threads. Basically you need to go to the advanced properties of the system locale/language settings and activate support for non-unicode programs. This should only happen in Windows XP.

• 3 months later...
No. DVDs (and manuals) are out of stock and can be ordered only from about February on. Until then we will send out only CM sticks, nothing else.

The sticks, of course, will have a license for version 2.6...

What is the status for buying SB Pro PE now?

I inquired late last year and the only option was to get a CM Stick. What would I get now if I bought it?

I have a new puter so I'm trying to decide what to put on it and what not. SB Original is on the list but if the newer flavor is available I may pony up for it.

No change at present.

You can buy the "downloadable" option and while awaiting the USB stick to arrive in the post borrow a license (happy to provide).

I believe manuals and physical DVDs are awaiting the patch (i.e. they will ship as 2.6X inclusive of the patch).

I would not expect these "new" inclusive DVDs to ship until sometime after the patch is posted here.

• Members

Manuals and DVDs are expected for end of April. But you could order them as separate items then, at no additional cost (that is, CM Stick/Download version plus disk and manual as a separate order will cost no more than buying the complete and full version in one go).

• 4 weeks later...

Its approaching end of April so I'll be watching for it to be available in a standard package.

I really appreciate the offer from you guys to borrow a license but I'd rather wait for the official package to buy. I'm just old fashion about such things. I like my wargames on an official disk and any other stuff needed to play.

I have plenty of good sims and wargames to keep me busy until then.

Please make a big announcement when its available. I have the means and desire to be a customer ... again.

thanks and have a nice week

So if I buy this weekend, what will I get in the mail? A box with disk(s) and a dongle (which I assume looks like a memory stick).

Does it come with a pdf manual on the disk?

(sorry I'm a pain in the posterior, this is a big buy for me to justify to the boss)

So if I buy this weekend, what will I get in the mail? A box with disk(s) and a dongle (which I assume looks like a memory stick).

Does it come with a pdf manual on the disk?

(sorry I'm a pain in the posterior, this is a big buy for me to justify to the boss)

Well the "complete set" comes with:

DVD Box

DVD

USB stick

Printed manual - spiral bound A5

Yes there is a PDF manual on the disk (or the download).

However I thought your concern was if the manual was "current"?

AFAIK the printed manual is not the 2.654 version but an earlier one.

The guys at eSim are editing it and in the process of printing "new" ones.

But I thought you were holding off until Ssnake announced that the new, 2.654 versions of the DVD and printed manual were ready, before purchasing?

I've yet to see any such announcement.

(still happy to lend you a licence, if you want to go down that route [and read the PDF manual] while waiting)

• Members

New manuals should have arrived today - and we were out of stock of the old ones anyway. So any manual that gets ordered or delivered from now on will be the latest version again. :)

You'll have to order the printed manual (and eventually an installation disc) as separate items however. But we'll ship it all in one package, if ordered together.

Yes I think that is what Ssnake just said (above your post). ;)

Anyway hopefully its a typo but while the 2.654 DVD may not longer be shown as on backorder, any orders placed (as at "now" anyway) actually detail:

ORDER DESCRIPTION:

----------------------------------------

eSim Games

DVD with SB Pro PE 2.640 (QTY: 1)

SB User's Manual (QTY: 1)

So I with a bit of luck I'll actually receive a 2.654 DVD at some point (as a complete package with the printed manual).

Edited by Gibsonm

If I check every box on the order page, I'll get what I want? iow, 147 bucks is for the complete pkg?

Guess I'd better do this before the boss wakes up, best to ask forgiveness than permission

Edit: done deal (I dove in without an answer) so no need to respond

.... I guess I can retire the original ... the one and only ... classic, best armor sim ever ... Steelbeasts (original)

thanks for everyone's patience